Airgun woman released...

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2005, 02:46 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Airgun woman released...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/m...er/4510533.stm

Hmmmm, she was jailed for 6 months then given a conditional discharge on appeal, not a bad volte face there! So proving the original judge was an ****...
Old 04 May 2005, 03:45 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

One up for common sense, one in the eye for political correctness.
Old 04 May 2005, 05:21 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is it common sense? Read this bit from the story:

But no evidence was produced that any of the youths she confronted were involved in the vandalism.
For all you know she shot at people who had nothing to do with what was being done to her.

M
Old 04 May 2005, 05:31 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

So what happens tonight when another 'good citizen' goes outside their house with a very authentic looking handgun and starts waving it about? Do we just let them go 'beacause they were pushed to it'?

No.

There were offences here and she needed dealing with. No-one is claiming she was a mad gunman on her way to murder but she had a firearm in public and she was there to **** up those kids. Thats against the law and she was dealt with for it.

Sentencing? Nothing to do with me i'm afraid but its certainly sent a message hasn't it?
Old 04 May 2005, 07:31 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

it shouldnt of got to this why should she have to put up with the harrasment that drove her to this behaviour?

she should have been let off with a caution. she got more punishment than a burglar would. for what protecting her self because the police and courts wouldnt.
Old 04 May 2005, 07:35 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

I can't condone what she did - but at a previous address I had regular problems with local thugs - they vandalised the cars, physically assaulted the guy in the flat upstairs, pushed the garden wall over and even put a brick through the window - in addition to that, if you tried to leave the house while they were outside you got taunted and threatened. (And this was not on a dodgy estate - this was in Datchet - right on the doorstep of Windsor Castle).

The police said they could do nothing as a) the kids were mainly underage and b) the ones that weren't they couldn't touch unless they had photographic evidence that it was them causing the problem - of course it would be pretty clear where the pics were taken from.....

As I said, I can't condone what she did, but I can certainly understand her frustrations......
Old 05 May 2005, 06:41 AM
DJ73
Scooby Regular

until you've been in her sitution you can't understand what she's had to put up with but that's what it drove her to do ,
But no evidence was produced that any of the youths she confronted were involved in the vandalism
just because they weren't involved doesn't mean they didn't do nothing else ! what did they have to produce photo's , CCTV , even with all that police do **** all
should have been a real gun , blow the knee cap's off , little *anker's
Old 05 May 2005, 07:10 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Very difficult to provide evidence, other than photo, video or several other witness statements. Sounds like very bad harrasment and the Bill are unable to do anything.
Just think your self lucky not to be in the same situation as you are alone, very alone!