Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Clubbing holiday in Ibiza...where and what??

Search this Thread

Old 24 April 2005, 06:48 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Clubbing holiday in Ibiza...where and what??

Thinking about doing this with the g/f, but don't know what to look for exactly. I thought i would be staying in the town centre of San Antonio, but i've been told to stay in the Bay?

Is there maybe somewhere over there i should look at staying in, apartment style, obviously for self catering.

And how much should i be looking at taking with me, as i know it can be rather expensive....only gonna go for a week or 10 days if i can stretch to it.

Ta.
Old 24 April 2005, 07:36 PM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

Ive been twice, stayed in the bay once, in a hotel not apartments, bit of a walk to the west end, but then thats not where the decent clubs are. Es Paridis is go for the water party and dont wear your best clobber.

Last time i was there in 2000 i spent 1k in a week. Stayed in the Westend the last time and it was noisy, all night and all day ! so if you want some chill time and some peace, i dont advise the Westend.

Get yourself down to Manumission on a Monday though Superb £40 ish for a ticket, £10 a drink mind ! worth every penny.

Last edited by lpski1; 24 April 2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 24 April 2005, 07:46 PM
rgv_stu
Scooby Regular

last time i went was about 2 years ago, but been 5 times before that. prices may have changed since i last was there but.....
agree to staying in the bay,
a) its closer to some beach
b) its far less roudy
c) it aint far to walk into town anyway
as for money it depends what you drink and what you want to do.
big clubs are expensive to get in and to drink beer, if you drink vodka it aint so bad as you get about 4/5 shots in each glass. west end is cheap as everyone is fighting for your business, costs less than wetherspoons usually and clubs are free to get in.
food is generally cheap.
weve allways just got a package deal off the net or teletext, £2-300 for a week and take £300 spending money, with a card if we needed more.
i wanna go back this year, never been anywhere else that has had such a good atmosphere.
Old 24 April 2005, 07:57 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

When I went in 2000 with 2wenties, i spent about £250 in a week. Took full advantage of all the free drinks that came up on the events, and spent 7 days getting very pissed

Hotel was near the egg, so very handy for the west end.

John.
Old 24 April 2005, 08:07 PM
Chip Sengravy
BANNED

personally speaking, I would rather go to skegness with a broken leg, but hey, whatever floats your boat!
Old 24 April 2005, 08:31 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Went in 2000 and 2003 with 18-30. First time we stopped in San-An and the second time the bay. As the other guys said the bay is your best bet if you want to get some sleep when you get back from clubbing. First time i went i spent about 500 quid in a week and 650 the second time.
Old 24 April 2005, 09:11 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

yea another for the bay. been 3 times all in the bay, plus theres a few good bars to do there if you want a quiet night

Trending Topics

Old 24 April 2005, 09:41 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Cheers guy's. It's all helping.

Any more peeps with some info?
Old 25 April 2005, 10:11 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

The west end! Do people seriously go there?! The only thing it's good for is to keep all the w@nkers in one place! absolute **** hole! The rest of the island however is beautiful. If you have to stay in San An stay in the bay. I'd however stay over near Playa den bossa or Ibiza Town. Avoid manumission. It's chav central. Clubs to go to would be Pacha, Space, DC10 and El divino. Make sure you go to Bora Bora as well. There are loads of small secluded beaches that are perfect for just chilling. Also you will find some great places to eat off the beaten track.
Old 25 April 2005, 10:32 AM
EVOVI
Scooby Regular

Playa den bossa is a nice place to go...but if you don`t like aircraft noise it could be a bit much....
When I first stayed in playa den bossa it had 2 hotels and that was it...Never forget coming into land looking out the window and saying to my mum there is our hotel...We were about 10 seconds from touchdown.....
You really want to avoid san an....If you have to stay there then the bay is the best bet.....
Old 25 April 2005, 10:59 AM
peter_bailey11
Scooby Newbie

re "Playa den bossa is a nice place to go...but if you don`t like aircraft noise it could be a bit much...."

and its A LOT OF PLANE NOISE WITH SOME VERY VERY LOW FLIGHTS DIRECTLY OVER YOUR HOTEL AT ALL TIMES OF THE DAY AND NIGHT !!

PDB is a hole, and I rather spend a week locked in my loft than ever stay there again
Old 25 April 2005, 11:04 AM
lpski1
Scooby Regular

I cant see how Manumission has such a name and a following everyear, for the last how ever long, if its Chav central as you say. ! I only went there the once, but had a great time, mind you this was in 2000. Agree though San An is like your local town centre on a Saturday night. Ibiza Town area is the nicer side of the Island. Bora Bora (dont know how i forgot about that one)
Old 25 April 2005, 11:37 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

If you're going to Es Paradis for the water party be warned - the drink is rediculously over priced and we went at about 11.30 - the water didn't start until 5.30am...

fleeced? oh yes...