Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

speeding ticket

Search this Thread

Old 09 April 2005, 05:13 PM
scooby-tom
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry speeding ticket

Hi i got pulled last nite by the police for speeding,the crafty buggers were goading me so not sure who it was i pulled away from the car they then came back so i pulled away again,they then put there flashing lights on ! It was a 40mph zone,they said i was doing between 60 and 70.I asked if they could prove it to me,they have no proof just there word against mine and them being the police they said the courts would laugh if i appealed against the 3 points and fine...So they havnt given me an actual speed and wrote on the form excessive speed yet again giving me no actual speed...Is it worth appealing ?
Old 09 April 2005, 05:38 PM
spireite
BANNED

worth appealing ,just to give your side of story . seems to becoming a common thing .happened to a work mate ,up his **** down bypass he decided he could beet the unmarked omega only for them to pull him when he d hit 110mph . he still got points and a fine though
Old 09 April 2005, 05:42 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I have a car on my **** I just touch the brake pedal, it makes them crap themselves!!

Then when they overtake, if its clearly not a coppa, then nail the bar-stewards OR just allow them to go on their merry way and smile at your mature attitude

Pete
Old 09 April 2005, 05:44 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Do you speed up every time someone drives a bit close? Or was this a one-off?

M
Old 09 April 2005, 06:49 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

What was the weather like? Time? What were you wearing?
Old 09 April 2005, 06:52 PM
jasonius
Scooby Regular

Very dangerous, then so is driving up someones **** so I suppose you could argue they deserve it. Putting your sidelights on (in the day of course, when they're not already on) is just as effective, without the risk of overdoing the brake pedel and being rear ended..!

Originally Posted by pslewis
If I have a car on my **** I just touch the brake pedal, it makes them crap themselves!!

Then when they overtake, if its clearly not a coppa, then nail the bar-stewards OR just allow them to go on their merry way and smile at your mature attitude

Pete
Old 09 April 2005, 07:45 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

Write a letter to your local Chief of Police detailing the behaviour of the officers and the crime number applicable. It would be helpful if there was someone in the car with you to corroborate your story, but if not I'd say you're stuffed. Worth a try though
Old 09 April 2005, 08:00 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jasonius
Very dangerous, then so is driving up someones **** so I suppose you could argue they deserve it. Putting your sidelights on (in the day of course, when they're not already on) is just as effective, without the risk of overdoing the brake pedel and being rear ended..!
The brakes aren't on - just the lights!!!

Am I the ONLY one who can drive properly on this board??

Pete
Old 10 April 2005, 01:07 AM
gumballer@STI
Scooby Regular

appeal man. they wont be bothered and let it go in some case
Old 10 April 2005, 01:08 AM
spireite
BANNED

allways get a badge number this seems to worry them
Old 10 April 2005, 02:02 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

A badge number? Did this happen in America then? Apparently its common for people to demand their 'phonecall' too ffs.....

In order to make this post a little more constructive I will add that its their 'collar number' that you should be looking for if anything.

Simon
Old 10 April 2005, 02:22 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

What was the colour of the hedgerow nearest to where you were pulled? If it was anything other than green then the charges wont stand - This is a law I have just made up but well worth trying if you want to appeal...
Old 10 April 2005, 02:30 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
A badge number? Did this happen in America then? Apparently its common for people to demand their 'phonecall' too ffs.....

In order to make this post a little more constructive I will add that its their 'collar number' that you should be looking for if anything.

Simon
You mean shoulder number.......

Collar numbers went out with capes.
Old 10 April 2005, 02:34 PM
BuRR
Scooby Regular

We still have collar numbers

These "entrapment" threads make me laugh...... its your decision to put your foot down when you see a car behind you, therefore all the consequences should be your responsibility..... I love the way people try and throw the blame onto others (usually the police) when this kind of thing happens.

Now, if you'd have ignored the car and left them to go on their way, and then had a play where there were no cameras, and no one else around to get in the way or be in danger etc, then there would have been no problem and no complaints....

if you can't do the time....... etc......... etc......
Old 10 April 2005, 03:57 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BuRR
We still have collar numbers
Is that what you call them in the counties?
Old 10 April 2005, 04:26 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

agreed ...what were you trying to achieve by going faster...
Old 10 April 2005, 05:28 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Fraid i'm gonna stop towing the party line here!

I want to go on record as saying this sort of stuff, if it happened, is not on. We have a hard enough time as it with with the public hating us without resorting to this nonsense. I have heard of this before and totally disagree with it. There are enough people out there flying around at stupid speeds to get your daily quotas so why push others to do it. Yes, you shouldn't speed and i'm not condoning it but in these days of car jackings I can honestly say i have been known to put some daylight between myself and a car behind i didn't like the look of! I'd try and speak to the officers involved (you'll get officer details on the paperwork sent to you relating to the offence) and if you haven't blown your bridges by being an **** on the night it happened, explain why you did it. You never know? Failing that explain to the magistrates hearing the case so at least it's not going in as a straight speeding offence, again you never know.

Sorry if this upsets the cops on here but i don't use this type of method and don't think anyone else should either!
Old 10 April 2005, 08:57 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

They are still referred to as 'collar numbers' in South Yorkshire too.

Simon
Old 10 April 2005, 09:00 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Must be a Met thing with shoulder numbers
Old 10 April 2005, 09:29 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

As you say; theyve not been on peoples collars for about fifty years...
Old 10 April 2005, 10:31 PM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

try this on for size...if youre wondering if the car up your **** is an unmarked patrol vehicle, see if it has 2 rear veiw mirrors or more aerials than it should have...if its that close you should be able to see...dead giveaway usually...!
Old 11 April 2005, 08:26 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Chris5-0
Fraid i'm gonna stop towing the party line here!

I want to go on record as saying this sort of stuff, if it happened, is not on. We have a hard enough time as it with with the public hating us without resorting to this nonsense. I have heard of this before and totally disagree with it. There are enough people out there flying around at stupid speeds to get your daily quotas so why push others to do it. Yes, you shouldn't speed and i'm not condoning it but in these days of car jackings I can honestly say i have been known to put some daylight between myself and a car behind i didn't like the look of! I'd try and speak to the officers involved (you'll get officer details on the paperwork sent to you relating to the offence) and if you haven't blown your bridges by being an **** on the night it happened, explain why you did it. You never know? Failing that explain to the magistrates hearing the case so at least it's not going in as a straight speeding offence, again you never know.

Sorry if this upsets the cops on here but i don't use this type of method and don't think anyone else should either!
Well said Chris!
Old 11 April 2005, 08:32 AM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

There are enough people out there flying around at stupid speeds to get your daily quotas
What if they hadn't bagged their daily quota... could this have been their closing catch? Daily quota? That sound ridiculous.... it's almost as though you have sales targets to hit lol.
Old 11 April 2005, 06:06 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

LOL, sales targets......... All the cops on here suddenly stop laughing!

We do have targets, there called performance indicators and are the scourge of good police officers everywhere. Every 6 weeks we have performance meetings and if your figures aren't up to scratch you're asked why! I kid you not. Hence we run round like blue arsed flies looking for things to stop, arrest etc! Good or Bad tool? I'll leave that to you!
Old 11 April 2005, 06:10 PM
Soulgirl
Scooby Regular

Performance indicators? So it's possible the police did goad this man on to break the law in order for them to fulfil their performance quota. I vote 'bad tool'.
Old 11 April 2005, 07:06 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

i'm sure this does happen, police officers are just human FFS - but to think you have quotas? Now, that is a scary concept for someone enforcing laws.
Old 11 April 2005, 07:16 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

I must stress these are not quota's. We are not told to go and get 5 speeders today or else. P.I's are a way supervision use of measuring an officers effectiveness (alleged) in the field. Its just you can play the game one of two ways, work your **** off and do a really good quality job on everything you do and explain this when your P.I's are low, or you can run round stopping everything that moves looking for offences. Take your pick. Me? The first option every time and the arguments that go with it!!!
Old 11 April 2005, 07:26 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Should the performance indicators be how many accidents on 'your' patch? You could be doing a great job educating drivers, good visible policing etc. that hardly any accidents happen. This would be a better indicator than how many 'collars' you got.