Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Someone That Tells It As It Is ....

Search this Thread

Old 19 March 2005, 06:55 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Someone That Tells It As It Is ....

and is not PC, just fires from the hip.

Why is that person considered a Troll?? On another more enlightened forum they may be seen as a ray of light in an otherwise blinkered world!

So, why is it on Scoobynet, if you are a Tory and hurl abuse and wish Tony Blair dead you are allowed to post ............. however, if you defend the Governments position your posts are deleted, moved, locked or worse?

I'm not just talking about me ...... just a general observation ...

AND, the £million question ....... and I would REALLY like this answered by the weasels that frequent these pages ..

Why? When you KNOW you will object to a thread do you ACTUALLY open it? Actually read it? ACTUALLY post on it? and then ACTUALLY complain to the Mods that you don't like it???? it confuses me this behaviour as it reminds me of the little snotty nosed 'tell-tale' at school - only now they hide behind a keyboard?

Answers please!

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:00 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pslewis
and is not PC, just fires from the hip.

So, why is it on Scoobynet, if you are a Tory and hurl abuse and wish Tony Blair dead you are allowed to post ............. however, if you defend the Governments position your posts are deleted, moved, locked or worse?
Actually, I had a thread rejoicing Blair's heart condition deleted.
Old 19 March 2005, 07:01 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
Old 19 March 2005, 07:02 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

time for a beer me thinks
Old 19 March 2005, 07:04 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
yawn
This is what I mean .... please answer, simple question, you understand, you big grown-up now ...

Why OPEN the thread?

Why READ the Thread?

Why POST on the Thread - saying NOTHING?

and Why MOAN about the thread?

PLEEEEEEZE answer why this behaviour is considered normal by you??

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:04 PM
Spring Heeled Jack
Scooby Regular

Location: was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus

I'm not just talking about me
Really? Who else did you have in mind?
Old 19 March 2005, 07:05 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
time for a beer me thinks
a beer?.....more beer....
Old 19 March 2005, 07:05 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Who cares
Old 19 March 2005, 07:06 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome
Actually, I had a thread rejoicing Blair's heart condition deleted.
Well, yes, that wasn't funny. wasn't clever and was in such bad taste that even the BBS www.extremebadtaste.com would have deleted it!

I am talking mildly contentious posts being deleted! NOT wishing someone dead (which is the height of stupidness)

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:08 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

This is what I mean .... please answer, simple question, you understand, you big grown-up now ...

Why OPEN the thread?

Why READ the Thread?

Pete
no.
misty
Scooby Regular

PS. I hurl abuse at this government! I'm not a tory, in fact I was a card carrying member of the labour party for ten years. The trouble is, this labour government is the best TORY government we've ever had mate. Where are have the basic principles of the labour party gone? They intimidate the working man! They are trying to break unions left right and centre! What about pensions? What about working hours? What about freedom of speech, human rights. This country under this government is turning into a one party state and you know where it goes from there? A dictatorship that's where!!! I've paid 11% of my salary in pension contributions for 22 years mate, now this lot say "sorry Dave there's no money in the pot you'll have to work till your 55 mate!!" I'll tell you why there's no money in the pot because it's been used for countless other things when the going was good. Now that people are nearing retirement age there aren't enough people contributing to foot the pensions bill. Sorry PS but the sooner this lot are out the better for all of us mate.
dave
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
Who cares
YOU do!! Why?

Because you OPENED, you READ and you POSTED!!

Halfwit

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

no.
I understand that the question was probably a little difficult for you .... let daddy see it and allow him to post for you?

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:10 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Old 19 March 2005, 07:12 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Why OPEN the thread?

Why READ the Thread?

Pete
we like to wind you up pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:13 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
I've paid 11% of my salary in pension contributions for 22 years mate, now this lot say "sorry Dave there's no money in the pot you'll have to work till your 55 mate!!" dave
Good Grief!!!!

You'll have to work until you are 55!!!

What are you a lazy Fireman?? Thats the only profession I know that plays pool all day, gets 1 call from a scared cat a day and then retire at 50!!

Whats wrong with working to 55?? If thats why you hate Labour then I'm sure they wouldn't mind losing a wimp that objects to working till 55!

Pete

Last edited by pslewis; 19 March 2005 at 07:19 PM.
Old 19 March 2005, 07:13 PM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Question

Why? When you KNOW you will object to a thread do you ACTUALLY open it? Actually read it? ACTUALLY post on it? and then ACTUALLY complain to the Mods that you don't like it????

Answers please!

Pete
I would guess because this is a free country and within the realms of the law everyone is free to have their own opinion, and debate it as such but not if it denegrates into personal insults and not rational adult debate where offence is caused repeatedly. Only my opinion but as a relative newcomer to this i want to enter debate by listening to other peoples opinions and not have them rammed down my throat as some posts are seen to do.

I am not a moderator but can see their difficulties. I suggest if you post a thread and do not want objectors to it ask yourself why do you post it? I cannot comment on others complaining about any of your posts which are frequently controversial, I like that, some will not, only moderators can reason that one. Personally i always open your posts, dont always reply.
Old 19 March 2005, 07:14 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 16vmarc
And you can wipe that smile off your smug face!!

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:16 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

You'll have to work until you are 55!!!

What are you a lazy Fireman?? Thats the only profession I know that plays pool all day, gets 1 call from a scared cat a day and then retire at 50!! ;eek:

Whats wrong with working to 55?? If thats why you hate Labour then I'm sure they wouldn't mind losing a wimp that objects to working till 55!
Pete, If I thought you meant it mate I'd rise to the challenge. But as I know your only joking I'll let it ride.
dave
Old 19 March 2005, 07:18 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mr Sympathy
I would guess because this is a free country and within the realms of the law everyone is free to have their own opinion, and debate it as such but not if it denegrates into personal insults and not rational adult debate where offence is caused repeatedly. Only my opinion but as a relative newcomer to this i want to enter debate by listening to other peoples opinions and not have them rammed down my throat as some posts are seen to do.

I am not a moderator but can see their difficulties. I suggest if you post a thread and do not want objectors to it ask yourself why do you post it? I cannot comment on others complaining about any of your posts which are frequently controversial, I like that, some will not, only moderators can reason that one. Personally i always open your posts, dont always reply.
Thats a very well reasoned response and I can align with the sentiments.

You are not alone in wanting to read my posts as they are controversial, and you don't post and don't complain to the MODS about what you have read - I respect that.

My problem is with some who cannot 'take' my posts, BUT STILL open them, read them, post on them and then complain about them!

Free speech in a free country means just that - even for someone who someone finds objectionable. Those with a right to post also have to allow the poster the right to their opinions (however controversial)

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:20 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Well, yes, that wasn't funny. wasn't clever and was in such bad taste that even the BBS www.extremebadtaste.com would have deleted it!

I am talking mildly contentious posts being deleted! NOT wishing someone dead (which is the height of stupidness)

Pete
I didn't wish him dead, actually. I was just rather pleased that he had a minor heart condition that may remove him from office earlier than the electorate could.

As for mildly contentious, you mean mildy contentious in your opinion.

Maybe the mods are tiring of you Pete. When your threads were being deleted, you were flooding NSR with your ranting, so hardly a suprise some of them were deleted.

Last edited by Jerome; 19 March 2005 at 07:24 PM.
Old 19 March 2005, 07:22 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

My problem is with some who cannot 'take' my posts, BUT STILL open them, read them, post on them and then complain about them!

Pete
Name and shame.
Old 19 March 2005, 07:23 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

You see pete you've missed the point in your haste to get a cheap laugh at firefighters. When I joined the job it was my right to retire after 30 years service. Because of the vast contributions I make to my pension this allows me to do this. Now this lot want to change the rules, and say you can't retire after 30 years!! you have to work another 5 years. I agree with you I won't mind working till I'm 55 because I have to as I was 25 when I joined. But I know of many tens of firefighters who joined in their late teens early twenties who could have retired at 50-55 but now WILL HAVE to work till 55. Now just because you're not in that fortunate position you take the ****.
dave
Old 19 March 2005, 07:23 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by misty
Pete, If I thought you meant it mate I'd rise to the challenge. But as I know your only joking I'll let it ride.
dave
Errrrm Dave,

I don't want to stir up anything but, WHY do you object to working to 55?

Most people would KILL to pack-in work that soon!

I only mentioned the Fire Service as thats the only one I could quickly think of that rated themselves at £30k a year yet cried when told they need to put some work in?

Like I said, not looking for a debate on that - just interested to know why you think 55 is a disgracefully late age to retire when most other people HAVE to work until 65!?

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:26 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

Like I said, not looking for a debate on that - just interested to know why you think 55 is a disgracefully late age to retire when most other people HAVE to work until 65!?
Because most people don't pay 11% of their income in pension contributions mate! And if they did they wouldn't expect to work till they were 65.
dave
Old 19 March 2005, 07:27 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You will see my reply was posted at the same time as yours dave

I have no sympathy with FireFighters, sorry!

They normally have 2 jobs because there isn't enough work on one job - THEN they rate themselves as £30k a year workers!! what a laff that was!!

Ok, if you want a pay rise, get real with your conditions!!!

Welcome to the REAL world!

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:28 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Misty,you pay 11% what percentage does the employer add,and is it a final salary scheme or defined contribution.
Old 19 March 2005, 07:32 PM
misty
Scooby Regular

I only mentioned the Fire Service as thats the only one I could quickly think of that rated themselves at £30k a year yet cried when told they need to put some work in?
Pete have you ever pulled a dead burnt child from a house fire? Have you ever had to cut someones foot off with a parachute knife to free them from a smashed up car? Have you ever seen someones brains draining out of their head? Should I go on??? £30k!!!!!! it's a feckin insult mate. You think it's right that some MP nonce gets £56k for snoring in the commons do you? Or that some pen pusher behind a desk gets £60k for wrecking the NHS. Wake up man before you find yourself knocking on peoples doors along with rest of this governments toadies.
dave
Old 19 March 2005, 07:33 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Any FireFighter who would retire before 2013 are NOT affected by the changes I have been reliably informed ........................

So, it cannot affect many of your colleagues much older than 40?!

My heart bleeds!!

Pete
Old 19 March 2005, 07:34 PM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Question

Name and shame.
have some sympathy with this but legal precedent was set in recent birmingham shootings case now set to protect witnesses with anonymity. lets see how appeal goes.

Twice I was accused (maliciously I believed) of offences serious enough to lose my job and thus my entire career and life, both informants were kept anonymous, and are so to this date, if you have to say something then you have to stand by that. What do the moderators think of that?

I for one if i found a thread worthy of deletion (never have yet) I have no objections to my reasoning being publicised. Moderators are for want of a better word are judge, jury and executioner in this process. Are all locked threads posted with reason for deletion etc?

Quick Reply: Someone That Tells It As It Is ....