Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

customer tried to start a fight with me today ??!!?

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2005, 07:16 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down customer tried to start a fight with me today ??!!?

at about 2pm this afternoon a man walks up tom the office door and explains that he has booked his car in for a valet today.

i explain we wont do any valets on this sunday as i am in by myself

i had previously wrote in the diary weeks in advance

"NO VALETS"

this bloke is not having any of it, i check the diary, hes not there
i explain hes not in the diary and ask him if he as came to the correct wash,
he then takes offence and asks if i think he is stupid
now my blood is starting to boil at this point due to his attitude (people DO goto the wrong washes all the time)

i explain he is not in the diary and he wont be able to get his car valeted today, he starts being a cocksmith and wants to speak to sumbody in charge
i tell him I am infact in charge, but he wants to speak to my manager

when i explain that he can have the phone number for cutomer services he can ring up but they wont do anything as they only have a say in the actual carwash, and not my own valeting buisness, he gets stroppy,

starts calling me an idiot, then telling me that he spoke to ME yesterday to book the car in and i wrote it in the diary.

now i KNOW that i was in by myself today, i would not have booked a car in while i was in by myself today, i wrote in the diary "NO VALETS" in big letters lol
i tell him i dont think i did,

"DO YOU DENY BOOKING ME IN FOR TODAY"
now im trying to be reasonable but this ****er is really starting to **** me off now, i have a min to compose myself and say "yeah"

"THIS IS NO WAY TO RUN A BUISNESS, IVE JUST FINNISHED WORK AND I WANT MY CAR VALETED"

"look mate, your not booked in today, im in by myself you wont be getting your cleaned today"
at this point i had other work to do so i started getting on with it, he then starts calling me allsorts

i give him the diary, ask him to show me where he his name is, its not there, turns out he was booked in for a compleatly different day
sumthings not right with this bloke, i get a funny feeling about him, his actions, his choice of words, the way he says them, im bigger then him, he doesnt look a "hard" type, yet hes giving me loads of **** like he has sum kind of "backup" or sumthing

he continues to give me **** till i snap (nearly)
**** it i have been reasonable, hes bing a cockend, i told him to not push his luck and point my finger at him,

"I SUGEST YOU STOP POINTING YOUR FINGER AT ME"
"look dont come here complaing about being booked in for today when your not" *still pointing the finger*
"why?"

with that he fooken pushed me and nearly knocked me over, now ill be honest, this pissed me off BIGSTYLE, but i sussed him, he WANTED me to hit him

it was plain to see, i was right infront of my own CCTV cam and he wanted me to smack him and i did infact want to take the ******* down lol

but i didnt.

i told him he was to leave the site,

"YOU ARE BLOCKING ME"
i was not blocking him, he was next to his car i was nowhere near blocking him, hes trying his hardest to get me to bite, i stepped back and said
"no im not, mate your fooken banned from the site, you ever come back ill ring the coppers ASAP"

his face changed when i mentioned the police, ohh yes i had sussed him, he then DEMANDED that i scribble his name and number out of the diary on the day he was actually supposed to come in, i put a line through it, but ohhhh nooo, that wasnt good enough

he wanted it removed compleatly
so nobody could read it

he then left shout9ing all kinds of crap, which i let him get on with and asked him to drive nice out of the car park and dont crash into anybody

ill be honest, i FULLY belive, this bloke had just finished his shift at a local police station, his wording, "tricks" and "ive got back up" style of being a cocksmith, convinced me as soon as he left and i had a think about it.

i actualy still have his name and number, i have saved it in a nice place, i will be poning the regional manager as part of my weekly totals later and will be informing him of todays actions, but im still fooken going crazy

thats been the first time i have never ever just smacked sumbody and got it over and done with.
the girlfriend, says i did the right thing by not hitting him, and she is probably right, but its driving me fackin nuts thinking about it

ARHGHHHHH
Old 13 March 2005, 07:22 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Wink

So did you clean his car or not?
Old 13 March 2005, 07:22 PM
drb5
Scooby Regular

Just tell him....... !
Old 13 March 2005, 07:29 PM
Walwal
Scooby Regular

As much as you're climbing the walls wanting to smack him, you've done the right thing by being the cool dude.

However, have you never heard the phrase "the customer is always right"??

Lol

Andy.
Old 13 March 2005, 07:30 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
So did you clean his car or not?
i would have rather cleaned his face with my boot lol

he did not have his car valeted by me, and will never ever have it done by me ever
Old 13 March 2005, 07:39 PM
richie rich
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
at about 2pm this afternoon a man walks up tom the office door and explains that he has booked his car in for a valet today.

i explain we wont do any valets on this sunday as i am in by myself

i had previously wrote in the diary weeks in advance

"NO VALETS"

this bloke is not having any of it, i check the diary, hes not there
i explain hes not in the diary and ask him if he as came to the correct wash,
he then takes offence and asks if i think he is stupid
now my blood is starting to boil at this point due to his attitude (people DO goto the wrong washes all the time)

i explain he is not in the diary and he wont be able to get his car valeted today, he starts being a cocksmith and wants to speak to sumbody in charge
i tell him I am infact in charge, but he wants to speak to my manager

when i explain that he can have the phone number for cutomer services he can ring up but they wont do anything as they only have a say in the actual carwash, and not my own valeting buisness, he gets stroppy,

starts calling me an idiot, then telling me that he spoke to ME yesterday to book the car in and i wrote it in the diary.

now i KNOW that i was in by myself today, i would not have booked a car in while i was in by myself today, i wrote in the diary "NO VALETS" in big letters lol
i tell him i dont think i did,

"DO YOU DENY BOOKING ME IN FOR TODAY"
now im trying to be reasonable but this ****er is really starting to **** me off now, i have a min to compose myself and say "yeah"

"THIS IS NO WAY TO RUN A BUISNESS, IVE JUST FINNISHED WORK AND I WANT MY CAR VALETED"

"look mate, your not booked in today, im in by myself you wont be getting your cleaned today"
at this point i had other work to do so i started getting on with it, he then starts calling me allsorts

i give him the diary, ask him to show me where he his name is, its not there, turns out he was booked in for a compleatly different day
sumthings not right with this bloke, i get a funny feeling about him, his actions, his choice of words, the way he says them, im bigger then him, he doesnt look a "hard" type, yet hes giving me loads of **** like he has sum kind of "backup" or sumthing

he continues to give me **** till i snap (nearly)
**** it i have been reasonable, hes bing a cockend, i told him to not push his luck and point my finger at him,

"look dont come here complaing about being booked in for today when your not" *still pointing the finger*
"why?"

with that he fooken pushed me and nearly knocked me over, now ill be honest, this pissed me off BIGSTYLE, but i sussed him, he WANTED me to hit him

it was plain to see, i was right infront of my own CCTV cam and he wanted me to smack him and i did infact want to take the ******* down lol

but i didnt.

i told him he was to leave the site,

"YOU ARE BLOCKING ME"
i was not blocking him, he was next to his car i was nowhere near blocking him, hes trying his hardest to get me to bite, i stepped back and said
"no im not, mate your fooken banned from the site, you ever come back ill ring the coppers ASAP"

his face changed when i mentioned the police, ohh yes i had sussed him, he then DEMANDED that i scribble his name and number out of the diary on the day he was actually supposed to come in, i put a line through it, but ohhhh nooo, that wasnt good enough

he wanted it removed compleatly
so nobody could read it

he then left shout9ing all kinds of crap, which i let him get on with and asked him to drive nice out of the car park and dont crash into anybody

ill be honest, i FULLY belive, this bloke had just finished his shift at a local police station, his wording, "tricks" and "ive got back up" style of being a cocksmith, convinced me as soon as he left and i had a think about it.

i actualy still have his name and number, i have saved it in a nice place, i will be poning the regional manager as part of my weekly totals later and will be informing him of todays actions, but im still fooken going crazy

thats been the first time i have never ever just smacked sumbody and got it over and done with.
the girlfriend, says i did the right thing by not hitting him, and she is probably right, but its driving me fackin nuts thinking about it

ARHGHHHHH
fpmsl, cocksmith pmsl,
Old 13 March 2005, 07:40 PM
lightning101
Scooby Regular

I think frozen prawns from asda under the spare tyre would have been suitable.

"smell you later mate"

Well done for not rising to it though
Old 13 March 2005, 07:45 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Do people do this in the hope they get hit and can claim compo?
Old 13 March 2005, 07:47 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

i belive he did this so i would crack him one and he could get his mates to come and arrest me

lets be honest

up in court

me with "prev"
against sumbody who was "probably" off duty

and a cctv of him pushing me, and then me letting rip and smashing the **** out of him

you cant goto jail for pushing sumbody can you ??
Old 13 March 2005, 08:00 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

That all sounds a bit scary to me. Not just the fact that he tried to wind you up, but you saying it is the first time that you just did not smack someone and get it over with.....!!

You definately did the right thing, CCTV or not. Just send these people on their way, and let them blow a fuse somewhere else. There is no need to think about it anymore, it is all over with. There is always some idiot out there that is goig to have a go at you, when you have doing nothing at all to them.
Old 13 March 2005, 08:01 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

pushing is assault.... however pointing your finger could also be threatening behaviour... 1 all then
Old 13 March 2005, 08:04 PM
richie rich
Scooby Regular

so he was of duty then.............................lol
Old 13 March 2005, 08:07 PM
Clarebabes
Scooby Regular

That's entrapment surely. Like asking for drugs - asking for a smacking!

Perhaps you are dodgy and a danger to society, in which case, I would want to see you locked up too
Old 13 March 2005, 08:08 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Quick Wash £5
Wash and Hot Wax £10
Wash, Wax and a Ruck £15

Old 13 March 2005, 08:08 PM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

i had a fight before with a so called customer b4 a couple of years ago , anyway enuff of that

well theres 2 things you could do,
call the police and get him sorted.(as you got CCTV as well.)

or take the car and say you do it.
and when he leaves the car.
take a **** in the car/engine bay etc)
nice
Old 13 March 2005, 08:09 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

If you lose control and smack him, he wins - he's brought you down to the level that he operates on. If you just smile and keep saying "I'm very sorry sir, I have no record of your booking" ad infinitum, you win. As soon as he's walked out the door you can shout out "what a f*ckin t*sser" etc etc, and have a laugh about what a pr*ck he was. Much better than getting done for assault, isn't it?

Old 13 March 2005, 08:12 PM
chaos.
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
a cctv of him pushing me, and then me letting rip and smashing the **** out of him
you couldnt smash the fek out of an ice cube LMB
Old 13 March 2005, 08:12 PM
stockcar
Scooby Regular

Received 379 Likes on 301 Posts

however good it would feel, you have to think of your personal/business reputation.....................well done for backibg down, find if you smile nicely and say "yes, sir but you must be mistaken" they tend to find someone else to wind up..................

few years ago a guy tried it on in the office after refusing to pay for work done to his car....................politely asked him to leave, mentioned as i picked the phone up and dialled the local plod (must have been 'plod' as it took 25mins to turn up) and suggested he explained hinmself to the nice police man on arrival

just smile nicely with the satisfaction that you know they are a **** jockey and normally know where they live!!!!!!!!!!!!

alyn
Old 13 March 2005, 08:21 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Sticky Mickey,
It sounds like he was trying to entrap you.
I think it would be wise to contact the Police with the video evidence and pursue a assault charge against him.
Even if it doesn't stick, his name and the alleged offence (with video) will be recorded.
If it turns out he is a Police officer it will give you a much stronger defence if one of his collegues trys to set you up in the future, as it will be clear there is some kind of vendetta against you.
As it stands now, only you and he know what took place.
Make it official so he cannot hide behind annonimity.

Cheers
MTR
Old 13 March 2005, 08:25 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

No such thing as entrapment in this country - you all watch too much American TV...
Old 13 March 2005, 08:32 PM
MTR
Scooby Regular

Warrenm2,
Yes they do.
Its called goading when they are in a unmarked car. But amounts to the same thing.
I have had personal experience of it, several times.
And I have never been to America.
You are being extremely naive.

Warrenm2,
Edited to add, 29 years ago or thereabouts, when in my long haired hippy period, I was approached by a undercover CID officer (blonde lady) who asked me if I could get her any drugs.
I politely told her truthfully I don't take drugs, and never have.
I am almost tea total to this day.
Now either she was trying to set me up, or she really wanted some.
Is that attempted entrapment, or just how they have to work undercover.
Its called a 'sting', and it is publically admitted when the cases get to court.
They give them fancy names like opertion 'falcon etc' but perhaps you don't watch the news in the UK. They can spend years 'setting up' the target.

Only in America?
Open your eyes.

Cheers
MTR

Last edited by MTR; 13 March 2005 at 09:06 PM.
Old 13 March 2005, 08:34 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Sounds like you met NACRO in real llife.

Old 13 March 2005, 08:34 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Mickey any previous with this loser then or the polcie want you banged up for some reason matey. take the cctv to the police and get him nailed if its all on camera he going down brother and its better he gets done than some other legitamate business man losing his cool. I must admit if he had pushed me he would of been through the carwash without the car.
Old 13 March 2005, 08:36 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

The cctv pc crashed the other day and is not recording images

thanks bill gates!!
although this bloke wont know that, its still displaying images on the tv screen but its not logging them to the harddisc

there was other people on site who would have seen it all.
Old 13 March 2005, 08:38 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chaos.
you couldnt smash the fek out of an ice cube LMB
the bloke i backed down from actually had a half decent "shove"

notice i said "bloke"
not "boy"

run along and and join the puberty que in an orderly manner please
Old 13 March 2005, 08:38 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

You could easily press charges for one of two offences, or both: Firstly common assault(ie the push), and secondly a public order offence ('section 5 of the public order act), both are clearly made out by your account. Give the guy the shock of his life, if you have enough details with which he can be traced...
Old 13 March 2005, 08:41 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

There is no such thing as 'goading' in English law, or entrapment. They are mitigation, not a defence.
Old 13 March 2005, 08:42 PM
richie rich
Scooby Regular

all 1 persons veiw 1 thinks..
Old 13 March 2005, 08:44 PM
SUBTYPER
Scooby Senior

Bet he was driving a BMW LOL
Old 13 March 2005, 08:48 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

silver astra estate..........

i dont recall ever seeing him before

Quick Reply: customer tried to start a fight with me today ??!!?