Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Prisons Undercover- BBC 1 Last Night.

Search this Thread

Old 10 March 2005, 10:13 AM
Gav1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prisons Undercover- BBC 1 Last Night.

I am a Prison Officer in the public sector so i don't want to slag off the guys doing the front line work at Kilmarnock prison in the private sector too much as i know what a sh8tty job it can be. BUT....

How is it possible to run a prison for profit?? You pay peanuts you get monkeys..is the phrase that springs to mind.
This Premier company who "think" they can run prisons are a liability. One officer to a landing with over 80 inmates...frightening!!
There was absolutely no control in that prison whatsoever, the inmates were running it, end of!!
The problem comes when eventually they do lose the prison in a major riot and it gets handed back over to the Prison Service...we then have to go in and take it back. This happened at another private run prison (will not mention the name), and the poor bloody HMP officers taking it back were going in on duty every day and immediately getting kitted up and fighting with the inmates for a full shift....this went on for weeks until control had been re established!! Not good.
Prisons for profit....Pish!! Just admit it cant be done and give them back to the public sector.
Rant over!!

Gav.
Old 10 March 2005, 11:05 AM
kris55
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dont worry GAV1 my little boys mum works at Oakington Imogration the place that was on that program last week

She had only just started there and that guy was there
To be honest you are going to get good and bad people no matter were you are and what your doing dont worry
Oh and Nobody I have spoken to has a bad word to say about what went on in last weeks program but support for my sons Mum you may find the same thing
I think the BBC are just seeing if they can course a little controversey on the TV maybe sway votes in the next election
Oh and I have some friends that work at High point so I know what your talking about