Advice on Florida

Search this Thread

Old 07 March 2005, 09:09 PM
Smiler1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Advice on Florida

Hi Guys
I am off to Florida at the start of June with my wife, brother and his girlfriend, so I was looking for advice on things to do and places to go

I have been twice before and done most of the usual things so this time I am after some advice on the things other people have really enjoyed.

We are there for 2 weeks – in the first week we will move around a bit and go to

St Augustine
Bush Gardens
Key West
Key Largo

And then for the second week we will go up to Kissimmee / Orlando for a week and do Island of Adventure and Universal one of the Disney places and a bit of shopping.

If anybody has any ideas on things to see or places to go or eat for the 2 weeks then let me know

I was after getting a few bits of Snap-on and having a look around some places that sell Impreza bits and other performance car parts and if I can swing it with the wife a nice new expensive watch (Breitling, Omega or similar) as the pound is so good at the moment.

So let me know what you enjoyed and where I can get some good toys

Cheers
Iain
Old 25 March 2005, 10:16 AM
Smiler1
Scooby Regular

Unhappy No body got any ideas???

Let me know
Old 25 March 2005, 10:31 AM
sarasquares
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

give Miami a go
Old 25 March 2005, 10:52 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

If you like Shooting then find a local range and try out some pistols and sub machine guns. Really good fun and youll never get the chance over here. There is one called Universal Weapons just down from Wet n Wild in Orlando.

A helicopter flight is also well worth the money. We went with a company in Kissimee - they have packages ranging from dirt cheap to several hours worth of flying. Really interesting to see all the Disney parks from the air - esp Animal World.

Just along from Wet n Wild there is a sky dome (not sure on exact name as a few years since I last went) which is a windtunnel where you can learn to skydive. Really good fun and easy to pick up. We did a few lessons.

Jetskiing on the many lakes or airboating in the swamps.

Shopping. Lots of cheap clothes - exchange rate still good. You should be able to pick up an Ipod Mini for £100.

Skycoaster at oldtown in kissimmee is good. Hoist u up a massive pole with two mates then drop you 300ft or something.

I liked Sea World for a day out. Plenty to sea and do. I liked MGM Studios and Universal out of the parks.

Go to Daytona on the East Coast. We went during monster truck festival so loads of cool vehicles to see. Also paid to have 3 laps driven in a Nascar at 180mph. Really good - the banks are actually 45 degrees. Visit daytona beach whilst there - will often see offshore powerboats and you can actually drive on the beach (well at least along it).

Miami good - steer clear of the dodgy parts as its like a completely different city. Watch Miami Heat (basketball) play - not cheap at about $50 for a basic seat. Might get a glimpse of Will Smith like we did.

Thats the main things I can think of to do. The main problem is deciding which are best to do in the time you are there. You will never get bored.

Simon.