Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Fed users. So would any of you like to comment on the thread Drink driver gets 8 week

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2005, 06:15 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fed users. So would any of you like to comment on the thread Drink driver gets 8 week

As title. So explain to the rest of us the justice in this. And don't blame the CPS.

Last edited by Vegescoob; 02 March 2005 at 06:20 PM.
Old 02 March 2005, 06:41 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

LOL, the guy was not guilty of reckless driving according to the Magistrate or Jury, dependent on which court it was. The Police(Feds) are not involved in the Judicial process except as potential witnesses.
Old 02 March 2005, 06:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What do the Police know about Court cases??

They can have their opinion just like everyone else can ....... they can arrest and foward evidence to the CPS, then its up to the courts!

Pete

And please stop calling them FEDS - we are NOT in the US

Last edited by pslewis; 02 March 2005 at 06:49 PM.
Old 02 March 2005, 06:50 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Fed users. So would any of you like to comment on the thread Drink driver gets 8 week.
I'll comment, if you really want me to?

Well there was a conviction, so the Police secured enough evidence and the CPS provided it to the court to secure a conviction.

You don't like the stupid sentences in this country? Why don't you look at the courts, which are nothing to do with the Police.

Most of us despair at sentences passed down. We also depair at people trying to blame us for things which are totally out of control, as they see us as en easy target for their rants.
Old 02 March 2005, 06:56 PM
IanW
Scooby Regular

I'm standing with Nathan on this one.
Old 02 March 2005, 06:59 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

We need to replace English law with Scoobynet law....
Old 02 March 2005, 07:45 PM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nathan L
We also depair at people trying to blame us for things which are totally out of control, as they see us as en easy target for their rants.
Nathan I sympathise - especially as I am peed off at my increasingly negative attitude towards the police. We all miss decent coppers and genuine policing. - your chief cons are screwing up all relationships by stuffing coppers in vans and hiding them in the bushes with laser guns etc.

Your voice and your associations' voice should have more impact than our bleats...
Old 02 March 2005, 07:57 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Angry

And a bloke here in sunny Scunny, NOT an asylum seeker, NOT black, with no license, no insurance but drunk driving, just got FOUR months.
Go figure.

Apparently the get that killed the kid is in the middle of his FIFTH appeal against deportation.

If I were the kid he killed's dad, the b@stard wouldn't need deporting when he got out of jail, he'd be looking for asylum from me.

Vigilantes, that's what this country needs:mad;, 'cos there's little or no justice for most of us without!

Alcazar
Old 02 March 2005, 08:04 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

No one gets 4 months for a first offence, not even in Russia
Old 02 March 2005, 08:09 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Read the question. I was asking for comments about the JUSTICE in this case and the Police (pslewis) are a part of the Justice system.
This is exactly what many in this country are becoming more and more angry about.
So often it does not appear that justice is SEEN to be done.
What if it had been your child?
Old 02 March 2005, 08:11 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by camk
No one gets 4 months for a first offence, not even in Russia
Of course not, and yes. he's been done for d/d before, but has not had an accident while drunk, nor injured nor killed anyone

Alcazar
Old 02 March 2005, 09:07 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
Read the question. I was asking for comments about the JUSTICE in this case and the Police (pslewis) are a part of the Justice system.
Read the question?

Five users all read your post the same way. Coincidence? I think not.

The very way your post is written insinuates you think we are to blame, whether you meant it that way or not.

The facts remain we can't influence sentencing whether you like it or not, all we can do is present the evidence.

I don't like the ****e sentences in this country any more than the rest of the public. But life isn't fair so live with it, or do something more constructive about it than posting on a public BBS, like us.

Last edited by Nathan L; 02 March 2005 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02 March 2005, 09:42 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

The Police have NOTHING to do with sentencing decisions. The courts are impartial, and they are not accountable to the police. You (Vegescoob) appear to be unable to appreciate that the Police are simply there to investigate and collate evidence, the CPS are there to objectively present that evidence, and the courts are there to make findings of fact and sentence accordingly. Each has their independent function, although to the layman they are all part and parcel of the same process....
Old 02 March 2005, 09:51 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Am I dense?

Let me rephrase the question. I know I'm not dense, so, Veg, would you mind rephrasing the thread title in a manner that I can understand in order for me to be able to comment? What are "Fed Users" for example?
Old 02 March 2005, 09:55 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

I have worked in the Criminal Justice system for many years (in the UK!), and have never heard an expression as ****e as 'fed users'......Use of that word deserves a lengthy prison sentence, no prospect of early release, registration on the sex offender's register for life, and deportation to Iraq. There, you happy now Vegescoob, thats what WE call justice (Daily Mail readers clap feverishly)
Old 02 March 2005, 10:00 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nathan L
Read the question?

Five users all read your post the same way. Coincidence? I think not.

The very way your post is written insinuates you think we are to blame, whether you meant it that way or not.

The facts remain we can't influence sentencing whether you like it or not, all we can do is present the evidence.

I don't like the ****e sentences in this country any more than the rest of the public. But life isn't fair so live with it, or do something more constructive about it than posting on a public BBS, like us.
I do understand the separation of functions. Which is why I posted my question.
I then find that some of those in the system think that sentences are "****e".
So then, how does a lone "Jo Bloggs" change anything ?
You say life isn't "fair" but surely the Justice system is one thing that should be seen to be fair.
Old 02 March 2005, 10:04 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Am I dense?

Let me rephrase the question. I know I'm not dense, so, Veg, would you mind rephrasing the thread title in a manner that I can understand in order for me to be able to comment? What are "Fed Users" for example?
I merely used that word because I had seen it used by police officers themselves on here and had thought it was their preferred moniker.
I shall not use it in future.
Old 02 March 2005, 10:04 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

Vegescoob, you have a very defeatist attitude about being 'a lone Jo Bloggs'....it takes people of substance to stand up and take intelligent action to create change....
Old 02 March 2005, 10:24 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
Vegescoob, you have a very defeatist attitude about being 'a lone Jo Bloggs'....it takes people of substance to stand up and take intelligent action to create change....
Yes I do feel defeated.
Like, I suspect, many others. Crimes against me and my family, including my mother being robbed, have never resulted in anyone being charged.
Now I read threads about cars being taken using violence and what is official advice? Even more security. We were told alarms and immobilisers would keep our cars safe but that turns out not to be totally true.
Old 03 March 2005, 02:34 PM
wazza2770
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
I merely used that word because I had seen it used by police officers themselves on here and had thought it was their preferred moniker.
I shall not use it in future.
You can use it as much as you like......On 5ive-o we are all known as FEDS, if one is a police officer. Its a comic term, its a fun term and its not a bad term. So being a Fed is being a Cop, Fuzz, Rozza, Old Bill, Bizzy, ......ect.

Those feds who dont like it....Wind yer necks in boys chill. You could be called something worse.

Last edited by wazza2770; 03 March 2005 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03 March 2005, 03:13 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its not so much British law or justice which is wrong, its the people who administer it!

Les
Old 03 March 2005, 03:32 PM
stormyuklondon1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wazza2770
You can use it as much as you like......On 5ive-o we are all known as FEDS, if one is a police officer. Its a comic term, its a fun term and its not a bad term. So being a Fed is being a Cop, Fuzz, Rozza, Old Bill, Bizzy, ......ect.

Those feds who dont like it....Wind yer necks in boys chill. You could be called something worse.
thing is, where i work, the only people that call me fed are slag. i personally dont like it.
Old 03 March 2005, 03:34 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Maybe they dont like being called slag