Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

How to freeze someones bank account

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2005, 12:06 PM
blueone
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How to freeze someones bank account

I have a 'friend' that owes me some money. Has said he can't pay me as the letting agent he use to use, has had his bank account frozen by court order. Could they do this, if so how would they go about it? Thought this sort of thing could only be done if they applied for insolvency etc?
Old 02 March 2005, 12:19 PM
yoza
BANNED

Whats a bank account got to do with it ?

Take and sell his car, his house, his watch or kidney.......
Old 02 March 2005, 12:28 PM
blueone
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

The thing is I have known this guy since we were kids at school together, so for nearly 25 years. We lost touch for a while and bumped into each other again last year. I would not mind if he is unable to pay me back just want him to be honest with me. I am disapointed that he can't tell me the truth to be honest. Would of thought he would know that his friendship meant more to me than a debt of £500. Totally pissed off. That'ill teach me for being a good mate and trusting people. Friendship what a pile of croc...
Old 02 March 2005, 12:33 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Maybe you should value your friendship more than £500 and write it off since your such a good mate
Old 02 March 2005, 12:48 PM
blueone
Scooby Regular

Its not the money its the principle. The truth would not cost this bloke anything, if he can't be truthful with me after knowing me for so long than what does that say? A bit of background, this is not the first 'excuse' he has given for not paying me back. I have not put any pressure on him. Just he has given me dates he would pay me by and has always had something happen to stop from paying me. Also I have wondered if he has been robbing peter to pay paul for a while now as his over half seems rather cold towards me and could think for all I know that its the over way round and I owe him. Its typical isn't it. Looks like I may need a new fridge/freezer and he has his account frozen and cant pay me back, timing poxy timing.
Old 02 March 2005, 12:53 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by blueone
Its not the money its the principle. The truth would not cost this bloke anything, if he can't be truthful with me after knowing me for so long than what does that say? A bit of background, this is not the first 'excuse' he has given for not paying me back. I have not put any pressure on him. Just he has given me dates he would pay me by and has always had something happen to stop from paying me. Also I have wondered if he has been robbing peter to pay paul for a while now as his over half seems rather cold towards me and could think for all I know that its the over way round and I owe him. Its typical isn't it. Looks like I may need a new fridge/freezer and he has his account frozen and cant pay me back, timing poxy timing.
I dont know, I agree with what your saying though, my first post was in jest...
Old 02 March 2005, 12:58 PM
chiark
Scooby Regular

A court winding up order could do that I think...
Old 02 March 2005, 01:03 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

A Court Order can freeze ALL assets usually pending some Cival action.

My assets have been frozen for almost 3 years now. No signs of any action either and nothing I can do about it.

Bob
Old 02 March 2005, 01:05 PM
Aztec Performance Ltd
Former Sponsor

If in doubt ask for a copy of the Court Order.

Bob
Old 02 March 2005, 01:37 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You have a PM.
Old 02 March 2005, 02:04 PM
blueone
Scooby Regular

He is only communicating via txt with me. Phone has diverted to voicemail in this past couple of weeks. I have txt'd him to call me later, said I will not have a go at him, just need to speak with him. Will be interesting to see what he says, if he calls that is. I really don't want to start turning up at the pub when I think he will be there if he is trying to avoid me. Perhaps it is best left as it is and chalk another lost friend up to experiance. Never a lender be, from now on. I seem to be good at losing friends. Must be something about me. They say you can judge a person by the company they keep. Not sure what this episode says about me...
Old 02 March 2005, 02:09 PM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by blueone
He is only communicating via txt with me. Phone has diverted to voicemail in this past couple of weeks. I have txt'd him to call me later, said I will not have a go at him, just need to speak with him. Will be interesting to see what he says, if he calls that is. I really don't want to start turning up at the pub when I think he will be there if he is trying to avoid me. Perhaps it is best left as it is and chalk another lost friend up to experiance. Never a lender be, from now on. I seem to be good at losing friends. Must be something about me. They say you can judge a person by the company they keep. Not sure what this episode says about me...
Been there and done that If they are willing to do that to you then they're not a friend