Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Phones 4 U-bad service or what?need help

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2005, 02:29 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Phones 4 U-bad service or what?need help

in brief-i took out a 12 month contract thro phones 4 u shop on a phone-after 6 months u sent of ur 1st and 6th month phone bill to claim back ur first 3 months line rental,well i sent mine of last month with my receipt etc and they didn't receive it-when i told em where i sent it to they said i sent it wrong address-anyway they wont give me a new claims back form to get my money and say there is nothing they can do
anyone any idea's how i should go on-im fuming not over the money but the principle
whats legal position i thought sod em i will just cancel my direct debit to them 3 months early and stop them getting anymore money but if i do this they would just cut simcard off and probably put me on credit black list so any idea's? please

Last edited by ^OPM^; 28 February 2005 at 02:32 PM.
Old 28 February 2005, 02:39 PM
Gav1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^OPM^
in brief-i took out a 12 month contract thro phones 4 u shop on a phone-after 6 months u sent of ur 1st and 6th month phone bill to claim back ur first 3 months line rental,well i sent mine of last month with my receipt etc and they didn't recieve it-when i told em where i sent it to they said i sent it wrong address-anyway they wont give me a new claims back form to get my money and say there is nothing they can do
anyone any idea's how i should go on-im fuming not over the money but the principle
whats legal position i thought sod em i will jusy cancel my direct debit to them 3 months early and stop them getting anymore money but if i do this they would just cut simcard off and probably put me on credit black list so any idea's? please
OPM, Not to sure about your legal rights on this one but what i can tell you is that i used to work for these muppets some years ago and this sort of thing went on all of the time. They are the most unorganised, unprofessional company i have ever had the displeasure to work for.
If you stop paying early you will find that they will cut you off and they MAY blacklist you...making it impossible to get another contract phone.
As for your position they will play the " you sent it to the wrong address" card and you will not have a leg to stand on. IMO.

Sorry its not very constructive but thought i would just let you know my opinion on this company.

Gav.
Old 28 February 2005, 02:44 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

cant u get another copy of ur fone bill from the service provider and send that off ?
Old 28 February 2005, 02:45 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Are these anything to do with Singlepoint ? if so i have a direct number to there complaints dept
Old 28 February 2005, 02:48 PM
Gav1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
Are these anything to do with Singlepoint ? if so i have a direct number to there complaints dept
Yes.. one in the same. Phones 4u sell the phones Singlepoint deal with the airtime contract. Both owned by the wonderful Mr Caudwell both a pile of poo!!
Old 28 February 2005, 03:04 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

well worked for me, i just got 2 12mth contracts, me and her
200 mins X net, 200 free text free Nokia 6230 and Samsung D500(this cost me (£29.99) all free for the 1st six months

all cos some bloke at Singlepoint told me this deal wasn't available anywhere else with a free phone

OPM YHPM
Old 28 February 2005, 03:11 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

The cashback claim is normally dealt with by a totally separate company - some kind of marketing outfit.

To be frank, apart from writing a letter of complaint there's not much you can do. You have to follow those cashbacks to the letter because they work on the basis that x percentage of people will forget or not be able to find their supporting documents etc in 6 months, to make their money.
Old 28 February 2005, 03:18 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

yes i rang up BT and they say they will send me copies of my bills but phones4u wont refund unless u have a cashback form as well-which they wont re-issue u with-the words ***** and utter spring to mind

Originally Posted by paul-s
cant u get another copy of ur fone bill from the service provider and send that off ?
Old 28 February 2005, 04:29 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ^OPM^
yes i rang up BT and they say they will send me copies of my bills but phones4u wont refund unless u have a cashback form as well-which they wont re-issue u with-the words ***** and utter spring to mind
Could you use a copy of the form if somebody else on here has one? I suspect it may have some personal details already on it though so this may not work.
Old 28 February 2005, 04:49 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

not sure-anyone tell me answer to this one

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Could you use a copy of the form if somebody else on here has one? I suspect it may have some personal details already on it though so this may not work.
Old 28 February 2005, 05:15 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

can anyone send me a copy of this claimsback form as i want to be sure i even had one in first place-as this mite be a trick of theirs to ensure u cant claim ur money back-blank out any personnal info its just basic form i want to see-thank you

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
Old 28 February 2005, 08:17 PM
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

anyone?