Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Latest Loony Legislation.

Search this Thread

Old 28 February 2005, 11:18 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Latest Loony Legislation.

Every horse, donkey and pony in England and Wales is now required to have its own passport.

As usual - owners face fines of up to £1,000 if they fail to comply with the new rules.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4303611.stm

UB
Old 28 February 2005, 11:20 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Of course the upshot of more poorly thought out legislation will result in the deaths of more animals.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/4303745.stm

Seems there's no end of New Labour's hatred for rural communities.
Old 28 February 2005, 11:24 AM
hawkthescoobslayer
Scooby Regular

won't go down well with the pikey community........ having said that they just wont bother will they
Old 28 February 2005, 11:25 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Government making an *** of themselves again?
Old 28 February 2005, 11:31 AM
camk
Scooby Regular

stops horses and pomies from being exported to the continent for food purposes.
Old 28 February 2005, 11:33 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

damn so cat food and copydex prices to rocket
Old 28 February 2005, 11:38 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

What about the weasels?
Old 28 February 2005, 11:39 AM
popeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Every horse, donkey and pony in England and Wales is now required to have its own passport.

As usual - owners face fines of up to £1,000 if they fail to comply with the new rules.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4303611.stm

UB
This reports suggests it's a perfectly sensible piece of legislation, designed to protect human health with widespread support from horse lovers. Do you know something the authorities in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland don't?

Bodmin ponies could be abandoned and left to die because of the cost of equine passports, say some owners.

Well, that's the rural communites for ya.
Old 28 February 2005, 11:40 AM
little_idiot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jjones
damn so cat food and copydex prices to rocket
PMSL at that one
Old 28 February 2005, 11:45 AM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

So the movement of illeagal horses out of the country is more important than the movement of illeagal immigrants into the country?

IMO we should export as much poisoned meat as possible to europe. Kill 'em all off and then they will stop thinking up such ridiculous laws.
Old 28 February 2005, 11:59 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

Originally Posted by popeye
Do you know something the authorities in England, Scotland and Northern Ireland don't?
Course he does. He's the political ignoramus that makes Kilroy-Silk look intelligent. Yet another example of him spewing his limited political knowledge for the *benefit* of the non-believers.
Old 28 February 2005, 12:21 PM
camk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 555wrx
So the movement of illeagal horses out of the country is more important than the movement of illeagal immigrants into the country?

IMO we should export as much poisoned meat as possible to europe. Kill 'em all off and then they will stop thinking up such ridiculous laws.

To get into the country legally you need a passport. We should also be able to work on more than 1 issue at a time. However I find your post extremely offensive , in that you are suggesting killing people because they are different from you.
The law is there to protect horses from export as food when they were raised as pets. Despite not being a huge animal lover or a horse owner I can sympathise with horse owners who would find it disturbing that an old pet ended up in the food chain.
Last time I looked the UK was part of Europe and had fair representation in Europe so they are part of any decision process.

P.S. The correct English spelling is Illegal.....
Old 28 February 2005, 12:33 PM
Spring Heeled Jack
Scooby Regular

Location: was he a creature, an alien, or a man wearing some strange costume and a hidden jumping apparatus

Originally Posted by popeye
widespread support from horse lovers.
There is a subtle difference between 'support' and 'compliance'.

If threatened with a £1000 fine for not doing something I suspect that you would comply too.
Old 28 February 2005, 01:08 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

UB, do you actually do anything else other than search for petty, unfounded nonsense against the current government?

I don't know how old you are, but I remember that the conservatives had 18 years of similar stuff.

Your anti Labour vitriole is extreme to say the least. Do you not realise that all governments made stupid or unpopular decisions?

Do you not realise that the Tories were rejected by the British public by the biggest majority ever because of similar stuff that you pupport to be Labour only madness?

Labour will be swept from power eventually for the same reasons, I wonder if we will be subject to your rantings then?

Geezer
Old 28 February 2005, 01:32 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

loony left!!!

what more can you say....

Old 28 February 2005, 01:38 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Geezer, he's just some saddo who doesnt know his @rse from his elbow. And to think wallies like this have the right to vote. I don't mind anybody having a bias against one party or another, but to see this utter nonsense posted every other day makes by the same person is a bit much.

Think he should get a life. Use his vote at the next election, and spare Scoobynet from these pathetic rants.
Old 28 February 2005, 01:44 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Geezer, scoobynutta555 - Even though I don't agree with UB half the time, if PS Lewis can sprout a lot of Labour crap at us, surely we need the opposite view for some balance?
Old 28 February 2005, 01:55 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

The difference is Lewis is just making posts to wind up people like this. While unclebuck and his lynch mob actually believe what they are saying!
Old 28 February 2005, 02:02 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Scoobynutta etc.,

Interesting to see your reaction to UB's perfectly reasonable concerns about what is being done to this country and our lawful freedoms etc. by this sorry bunch of incompetent and self seeking hypocrites.

Are we to assume that we can eventually expect your heros, as you infer in your post, will decide in future who is acceptable to have the right to vote. What will be the necessary qualification I wonder? Or will they just tell us that voting is no longer necessary since they know best how to run the country, should we still have one left that is!

Wake up and smell the coffee before it is too late old chap.

Les
Old 28 February 2005, 02:06 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Gonna hit the pikies hard though aint it! Teee Heeee
Old 28 February 2005, 02:13 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Les,
I don't disagree that our rights are progessively eroded, but do you honestly think it would be any different under the Tories? (or Lib Bem for that matter).

All parties have only one thing in mind, and that is to be in power. Along the way they make many unpopular decisions, some are good, some are bad. No party is any better than the others.

Unfortunately we delude oursleves in this country that we live in a democracy, but we do not. One day every 4 or 5 years to vote in a very limited choice of people who we know will not have our best interests (or the country's) at heart does not constitute democracy.

And no matter what the view of SN is, the majority of the voters in this country do not think that the Tories were doing a good job, or that they are capable of doing a good enough job to oust Labour. That may change this May, but I doubt it very much. It won't be until the next election that the Tories have even a chance of getting IMO.

Geezer
Old 28 February 2005, 02:24 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

I'm in no way shape or form a Labour fan, but I really don't see what the problem is with this law.

No different than having a dog license, or having to have a chip implanted to take a pet abroad etc. Seems perfectly sensible, especially if it helps to control the illegal horsemeat industry etc. If you can afford the priviledge of owning a horse, surely you can afford a one-off 20 quid payment to get a passport for it. You don't even need to do that if you're not transporting it around all over the place...

Perhaps we shoudl relax the restrictions put on farmers etc as well, and allow bse or foot & mouth back into the country. This horse law is in place as a preventative action to stop things like this happening (specifically, tainted meat getting into the food chain)...
Old 28 February 2005, 02:24 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

If you think Labour will be beaten by a bunch of political has beens then you are the one who should start brewing coffee. And my heroes the Labour party? I think not. I simply think they are making a good fist of the job. When was the last time you ran a country? Its easy to sit behind a keyboard and complain about everything, quite another to make a difference and do what you believe in.

I suspect that unclebuck will now come forth and tell us all that he is indeed a member of the Tory party and regularly campaigns in his local community for the party with as much vigour as he does on here. Yeah right.

The majority of people in this country I feel have been let down by Labour, but at the same time will not switch to other parties, holding the belief that they would be a worse proposition.
Old 28 February 2005, 02:26 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Yep, I'm afraid this next election is going to be a choice between who you think will do the least damage to the country rather than who will do the most good...
Old 28 February 2005, 02:30 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

The irony is that the complainants on this thread will be the first to bitch and whine when their particular interest or hobby is targeted by the increasingly dictatorial government. The difference is that when that happens they won’t get any sympathy from me whatsoever. It is a direct result of their apathy and stupidity that we find ourselves in the position we do in this country.

The usual repast of “the other lot would be just the same” is as ignorant as it is untrue. Frankly you lot deserve to be shagged up the **** by Tony and his friends.
Old 28 February 2005, 02:36 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Take your pointless rants to the centre of your village. Talk up the Conservatives and dodge the rotten vegetables which shall be thrown at you.

Youd be the first to bitch and whine when you had interest rates at over 10% and a position in the dole queue under Michael Hecht.

Strange stance on immigration when both his father and grandfather were illegal immigrants, hypocrisy moi?
Old 28 February 2005, 02:39 PM
Iain Young
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
The irony is that the complainants on this thread will be the first to bitch and whine when their particular interest or hobby is targeted by the increasingly dictatorial government. The difference is that when that happens they won’t get any sympathy from me whatsoever. It is a direct result of their apathy and stupidity that we find ourselves in the position we do in this country.

The usual repast of “the other lot would be just the same” is as ignorant as it is untrue. Frankly you lot deserve to be shagged up the **** by Tony and his friends.
You really do try your very best to be incredibly insulting don't you UB. Whatever happened to intelligent debate?

You can't possibly know whether the statement that "other lot will be the same" is true or untrue. That is a question that cannot be answered until said part comes into power. What is perfectly true to say however is that both the main parties have policies which will be damaging to the country, and negatively affect many minority groups of one sort or another.

Nobody is stopping people from owning, riding, or even trading horses. They're just saying you need a piece of documentation so that the animals can be tracked, and abusers of the system can be more easily brought to justice. Don't see anything wrong with that.
Old 28 February 2005, 02:45 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Take your pointless rants to the centre of your village. Talk up the Conservatives and dodge the rotten vegetables which shall be thrown at you.

Youd be the first to bitch and whine when you had interest rates at over 10% and a position in the dole queue under Michael Hecht.

Strange stance on immigration when both his father and grandfather were illegal immigrants, hypocrisy moi?
Ah, playing the race card eh? Run out of useful arguments have we? Oh, no I forgot you never had one to start with lol.

Interst rates of 10% would suit me as it happens. I've paid off my mortgage and have ample savings, so bring it on. I expect you still live at home with your mum and spend all your money on big back boxes.
Old 28 February 2005, 02:50 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Iain Young
You really do try your very best to be incredibly insulting don't you UB. Whatever happened to intelligent debate?
I fail to see why you find the truth is insulting.

You can't possibly know whether the statement that "other lot will be the same" is true or untrue. That is a question that cannot be answered until said part comes into power. What is perfectly true to say however is that both the main parties have policies which will be damaging to the country, and negatively affect many minority groups of one sort or another.
I don't. But that is the argument always put across by the 'I haven't a clue what I'm talking about' brigade. Not my argument.

Nobody is stopping people from owning, riding, or even trading horses.
That comes next. Wait and see.

They're just saying you need a piece of documentation so that the animals can be tracked, and abusers of the system can be more easily brought to justice. Don't see anything wrong with that.
That's the spin. 'Tracking' things is what this government likes. It gives them control. Wait and see. By then it will be too late.
Old 28 February 2005, 02:57 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

ego trip

Quick Reply: Latest Loony Legislation.