Employment Law

Search this Thread

Old 26 February 2005, 09:35 PM
Chelsie-Bun
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Employment Law

Hello There

I was just woundering, the end of the year for my job is the end of March.

Now I have a holiday booked early April and its booked and I am ok about that but that falls in to next years holiday entitlements

Now what I want to know is I want to leave and I was thinking about leaving straght after my holiday, now can I give the holiday as my notice and will I get paid for them also.

Thank you Chel xxx
Old 26 February 2005, 09:40 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Whenever you leave you should be paid for what ever holidays you are entitled to/haven't used; you don't have to use them up before you go.
Old 26 February 2005, 09:51 PM
Chelsie-Bun
Scooby Regular

Well April starts a new year so new holidays so will I be entitled to holidays at the being of a year and get paid if I leave when I get off plane

By the way I am leaving as the job changed last Nov and I am doing nothing like what I went there to do so this job is not nice and is up setting me to do it.

So can I sign on for leaveing a job this way? I know normal if you just leave a job then you are not entitled to dole money

chel xxx
Old 26 February 2005, 09:57 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Chel,

That's not very good . I think you have to wait 6 weeks before you can sign on if you leave your job I am not entirely sure.

you can read up on job seekers allowance here though: http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/cms....ts/497#caniget

HTH
Old 26 February 2005, 10:10 PM
Chelsie-Bun
Scooby Regular

My partner says because the job changed due to the one I was doing relocating Then the manager who runs the whole place has to find you another job on the same pay your on, but this job is nothing like the one I was doing and it's a job that I would never of applied for if I was out of work. so is there not a word for this kind of leaving problem

Chel xxx
Old 26 February 2005, 10:15 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Chelsie-Bun
My partner says because the job changed due to the one I was doing relocating Then the manager who runs the whole place has to find you another job on the same pay your on, but this job is nothing like the one I was doing and it's a job that I would never of applied for if I was out of work. so is there not a word for this kind of leaving problem

Chel xxx
Hmmm, not entirely sure. You might find some sort of get out clause in your contract saying the role is subject to change. I would speak to your HR department/check your employee handbook/HR Policy Document if you have one.

I'm not entirely clued up on the situation if it doesn't say anything about the job being subject to change in your contract, hopefully someone else can step in and enlighten us.....

Old 26 February 2005, 11:28 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

Talk to CAB - you are currently somewhere between redeployment, redundancy and constructive dismissal. You should be alble to claim redundancy and sign on straight away. None of the options will aloow you to get paid for holidays that you are not due
Old 26 February 2005, 11:42 PM
john_s
Scooby Regular

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if your holidays are booked right at the start of the leave year, strictly speaking you'll not be entitled to be paid for them.

What's your company's policy regarding working notice? Some companys put employees on paid leave as soon as they hand their notice in.

John.
Old 28 February 2005, 06:53 AM
2000TLondon
Scooby Regular

Look at www.acas.org.uk

If your job has changed and you don't like it, there are other things you can do rather than just resign and leave empty handed.