Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Labour Cold Call Centre

Search this Thread

Old 12 February 2005, 07:02 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Labour Cold Call Centre

Dear oh dear.... I DARE them to phone me....

http://www.itv.com/news/britain_765711.html
Old 12 February 2005, 07:04 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

maybe they will send prezza round in one of his jags to take you to the voting booth.
Old 12 February 2005, 07:28 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I can't see why they are bothering. No one wants Labour back in, no one wants the Tories back in and no one knows who any of the other lot are. By default I suspect that Labour will win but it will be interesting to see what the turn out is.

Unless Labour know something we don't I can't see why they even bother having a campaign at all.

Maybe we should have a poll: "Would you trust a politician to sit the right way around on a toilet?"
Old 12 February 2005, 08:44 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Wink

They better not phone here - ex-directory and TPS registered However, think of the fun you could have blasting a whistle at the nuisance caller!
Old 12 February 2005, 08:46 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by scoob_babe
They better not phone here - ex-directory and TPS registered However, think of the fun you could have blasting a whistle at the nuisance caller!
I have given them your number ...... ooooops, sorry - wasn't I supposed to?

Pete
Old 12 February 2005, 11:16 PM
crush her
Scooby Regular

I'd rather have simpering Tony than "something of the night" Howard any day of the week
Old 12 February 2005, 11:46 PM
CharlesW
Scooby Regular

Wink

If they call me, I'll quote Alastair - **** off!
Old 13 February 2005, 09:32 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
Dear oh dear.... I DARE them to phone me....
I hope they call me so I can have the satisfaction of telling them to **** off

Chip
Old 13 February 2005, 12:42 PM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Doesn't matter if they have your number or not. If they phone you and you are tps registered then they are breaking the law.

TBH, I only think they'll target the marginals so as long as you're not in one of those you should be ok.
Old 13 February 2005, 12:44 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Talking

Originally Posted by pslewis

Pete

I'm quite concerned as to how YOU got my number Pete
Old 13 February 2005, 01:21 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would quite like the chance to tell a minister just what I think about the present situaton

Les
Old 13 February 2005, 02:59 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hedgehog
I can't see why they are bothering. No one wants Labour back in, no one wants the Tories back in and no one knows who any of the other lot are. By default I suspect that Labour will win but it will be interesting to see what the turn out is.

Unless Labour know something we don't I can't see why they even bother having a campaign at all.
That is the most sensible post I've read on here in a long time.

Both parties are unelectable - the choices are Tony Blair and NL for more of the same - Nooooo!!!! or Howard and the clueless Tories for a return to Thatcherism - Nooooo!!!!

Unless they introduce phone voting I shan't be bothering as if I want to vote for a useless **** I can just wait for the next series of Pop Idol and do it via the phone from the comfort of my armchair.

In the meantime why don't you all have a nice time bickering over which party can continue wrecking the country next.

tiggers.
Old 13 February 2005, 05:33 PM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

Defo agree with what hedgehog said!!
Old 13 February 2005, 09:37 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tiggers
That is the most sensible post I've read on here in a long time.

Both parties are unelectable - the choices are Tony Blair and NL for more of the same - Nooooo!!!! or Howard and the clueless Tories for a return to Thatcherism - Nooooo!!!!

Unless they introduce phone voting I shan't be bothering as if I want to vote for a useless **** I can just wait for the next series of Pop Idol and do it via the phone from the comfort of my armchair.

In the meantime why don't you all have a nice time bickering over which party can continue wrecking the country next.

tiggers.
I agree.
Old 13 February 2005, 10:57 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Thats right .... waste the vote that people died so you may have it!

Discraceful and an indication of why the country is as it is - apathy!

Pete
Old 13 February 2005, 11:59 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

Ah, but you are in error with your conclusion.

It isn't apathy. It is the fact that the politicians with which we are presented no longer deserve the vote of any honest person with principles and a moral position.

The working men who fought for union recognition and who formed the Labour Party, for example, didn't suffer from apathy either and, as you say, some died in their quest. Could you honestly say that any of those people would vote for Labour if they were alive today?

We are talking here about hard working people who fought for their rights and freedom. In the modern Labour Party we are looking at an organisation who have introduced 1000 new crimes since coming to power and who have eroded the right to silence, the right not to incriminate yourself and several other fundamental laws which have protected the rights of us all for many hundreds of years.

It isn't about apathy, it's about none of the cheating, lying, disingenious, two faced scumbags who currently make up British politics being worthy of our vote.
Old 14 February 2005, 12:03 AM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

wonder if the call centres are in india
Old 14 February 2005, 08:18 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

hedgehog for PM?
Old 14 February 2005, 09:13 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Talking

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
wonder if the call centres are in india
PMSL
Old 14 February 2005, 09:17 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

for once I agree with HedgeHog, This country actually becomes more capitilist by the hour, Wouldnt suprise if voting is rigged and the other parties are there for "show"

How else would tony bliar get away with the mass changes the labour party have made and underminned and embarresed the royal family at every opportunity.

The labour party has destroyed pretty much everything that helped build and develop the ideals of this country and has stood by for hundreds of years. it is almost like they didnt actually like britain very much and wanted to irreversibly change it into some idealistic bull**** country they read about in an inflight magazine.

I used to be proud to be british and could travel the world and felt happy with the words I carried in my passport, But now I dont know what british is as it certainly doesnt exist like it used too, and now I feel sneered it and undervalued. Jesus when i was last in Mexico they felt sorry for us with what Our government had done to us and the royal family, it is like the whole world is aware of what has happened but we ourselves are not. I am expecting a liberation force to invade and free us any minute.

oh and the last one leaving please remember to turn out the lights.

Last edited by pbee; 14 February 2005 at 09:26 AM.
Old 14 February 2005, 11:43 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Tiggers,

How much importance do you attach to this country being handed on a plate to Europe?

Les
Old 14 February 2005, 12:49 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

how much do people value individuality and the right to their own thought process ?.

Not much at the moment but as always you dont appreciate something till it is gone.

Im not sure how much longer everyone will act like sheep whilst wolves tell everyone the future is rosey whilst they reep and destory everything behind closed doors. I can see mass unrest in the future.
Old 14 February 2005, 01:57 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Tiggers,

How much importance do you attach to this country being handed on a plate to Europe?

Les
Les,

What a surprise, a loaded question.

If you think voting Tory simply to keep us out of Europe is a good idea - you go right ahead, but don't try and twist my opinion to make it sound like that is the only choice I am making by not voting.

Frankly the country's government is a slightly bigger picture than just whether Europe control some of our laws or not and neither the present incumbents or Howard's 'Bring back the Thatcherite Years' hopefuls are capapble of putting the country's interests first. Even if going into Eurpope was the right thing to do you just know Howard wouldn't do it and vice versa with Tony Blair. They are egomaniacs who will never accept when they are wrong and that is why neither are electable - they do not have the country's best interests at heart.

Hence how can I vote when my opinion is that there is no one to vote for. It is as much my right not to vote as it is yours to vote.

IMHO you're wasting your time pinning your hopes on either party, stand back and look at the bigger picture, unless something radical happens on the political horizon soon the country is doomed.

It's a bit like people arguing over which is the best cabin without realising the ship is sinking.

tiggers.
Old 14 February 2005, 03:23 PM
555wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tiggers
Les,

IMHO you're wasting your time pinning your hopes on either party, stand back and look at the bigger picture, unless something radical happens on the political horizon soon the country is doomed.
It's a bit like people arguing over which is the best cabin without realising the ship is sinking.
tiggers.
Sums it up in a nutshell. I dont give a toss wether its The Tory, Labour or Liberdrivel party, they all offer the earth, but in reality will give fu#kall and take even more.
This country NEEDS someone that will offer proper health/police/armed forces, re-designed benifits systems, a real justice system and a stop to lax immigration laws. Unfortunatly, the other alternatives, UKIP/BNP/Kilroy-silks suntan party, just dont have ***** to do it.

It is sad to think that millions gave their lives, in two world wars, for OUR freedom to vote, and all we have to vote in are a bunch of lying, two faced, self pocket liners.
Old 14 February 2005, 03:49 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Thumbs down

Pointless thread yet again by Scoobynet political stirrers. Find it quite amusing that these moaners have nothing better to do, you have a vote at the next general election, use it. Stop using bandwith with the same old violin story and get a life.
Old 14 February 2005, 06:07 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Hello, and welcome to the General Election Phone-Your-Vote-Service.

If you're extremely gullible and have the memory of a goldfish, please press 1 for Tony Blair.

If you are soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime, please press 2 for Charles Kennedy.

If you support unelectable old Tories past their sell-by date, please press 3 for Michael Howard.

If you want you, your children and your children's children to be chipped, PINned and catalogued for the rest of your lives by a weirdy beardy, please press 4 for Charles Clarke.

If you have Tourette’s Syndrome, ****ing press 5 for ****ing Alastair Campbell you ****er.

If you don’t know your **** from your elbow, press 6 for Oliver Letwin.

If you are a member of a secretive religious sect that seeks access to the corridors of power, please press 7 for Ruth Kelly.

If you’ve recently had a frontal lobotomy, please press 8 for Robert Kilroy-Silk.

If you like harassing Jewish journalists then refuse to apologise just because they ask you awkward questions, please press 9 for Ken Livingstone.

If you have had a secret love child with david blunkett, please press * to be transferred to the newsdesk at The Stun (and have your bank details ready).

If you are from Titan, Io or the third rock from the Sun, please press the EXTERMINATE EARTH SCUM key on your particle phaser for John Redwood.

Lastly, if you are normal, well-adjusted, well-informed and expect more from your politicians, please hang up now as none of our operators will listen to you.
Old 14 February 2005, 08:11 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Holy Ghost
Hello, and welcome to the General Election Phone-Your-Vote-Service.

If you're extremely gullible and have the memory of a goldfish, please press 1 for Tony Blair.

If you are soft on crime, soft on the causes of crime, please press 2 for Charles Kennedy.

If you support unelectable old Tories past their sell-by date, please press 3 for Michael Howard.

If you want you, your children and your children's children to be chipped, PINned and catalogued for the rest of your lives by a weirdy beardy, please press 4 for Charles Clarke.

If you have Tourette’s Syndrome, ****ing press 5 for ****ing Alastair Campbell you ****er.

If you don’t know your **** from your elbow, press 6 for Oliver Letwin.

If you are a member of a secretive religious sect that seeks access to the corridors of power, please press 7 for Ruth Kelly.

If you’ve recently had a frontal lobotomy, please press 8 for Robert Kilroy-Silk.

If you like harassing Jewish journalists then refuse to apologise just because they ask you awkward questions, please press 9 for Ken Livingstone.

If you have had a secret love child with david blunkett, please press * to be transferred to the newsdesk at The Stun (and have your bank details ready).

If you are from Titan, Io or the third rock from the Sun, please press the EXTERMINATE EARTH SCUM key on your particle phaser for John Redwood.

Lastly, if you are normal, well-adjusted, well-informed and expect more from your politicians, please hang up now as none of our operators will listen to you.
It's all so bl@@dy sad isn't it? I'm sure it shouldn't be. We seem to be trapped in a society where most of us have no say in the big decisions.
Old 14 February 2005, 11:08 PM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

Talking

yup. rejects virtually all. they need life on the public t1t because they're too useless to survive in the private sector like most of the rest of the population - that also happens to pay their salaries, expenses and strangely bomb and gordon-proof pensions.

far too many self-serving lawyers, barristers and amoral career-types happy to hose away other people's money chasing trendy pipedreams and w@nk ideologies: we should pelt them with rotten fish heads and cull them with fox hounds. annually.

kill 'em all, let rowan williams sort 'em out. oops, my rant's showing again.
Old 15 February 2005, 08:26 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Vegescoob
It's all so bl@@dy sad isn't it? I'm sure it shouldn't be. We seem to be trapped in a society where most of us have no say in the big decisions.
This is because the politicians realise that aside from getting elected the electorate don't really matter. Once they have been elected they just do whatever enables them to line their own pockets and stroke their egos along the way. Sure the general public may huff and puff occasionally, but the politicians know that no matter what they say or do the electorate will put up with it - look at the petrol strike for instance - did it change anything at all - No!!!

The problem is that the electorate being for the main part pretty dumb just haven't twigged that no matter which party they elect nothing is going to get better.

tiggers.

P.S. LOL at Holy Ghost's telephone options - be even funnier if it wasn't true.
Old 15 February 2005, 12:55 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Well I suppose it was loaded Tiggers and I was interested to see how much importance you place on federation with Europe or us remaining clear of them and still being able to make our own laws rather than do the "three bags full" and do exactly what Europe orders us to.

We all know what to expect from a third term, it wont be any different as far as the wishes of the electorate are concerned and what we have seen so far will just get considerably worse.

The question is, what can we expect from the Conservatives? I would not want a return to Thatcherism either, as far as I was concerned, it was the politics of selfishness and I was not impressed. I dont think that would happen however although it cannot be guaranteed. I see more selfishness these days than ever before though.

What is the alternative? All this guff about being in Europe to influence it is rubbish and purely another smokescreen. We would have 10% of the Eu government with our share of MEP's and what kind of influence is that? Can you trust a band of commissioners whose accounts have not been accepted for 10 years by the audit board? where have all those millions gone? Do you think it would be better to be ruled by them rather than our own govermnment which we can at least kick into touch if they fail this country.

Entering the Eu Federation is akin to being disenfranchised!

I am not a natural Conservative voter but now I see them as the best for this country just now since they are not all for conning us into handing ourselves to Europe on a plate for their own selfish purposes.

I still will not forgive Heath however for lying to us all those years ago by witholding the real facts before that referendum.

Les

Quick Reply: Labour Cold Call Centre