Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

CAUGHT SPEEDING? ARE THERE LOOPHOLES?

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2005, 10:08 PM
perky555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down CAUGHT SPEEDING? ARE THERE LOOPHOLES?

LAST SEPTEMBER ON MY WAY TO A RALLY IN SWEETLAMB I WAS CAUGHT BY A SPEED CAMARA IN THE BACK OFF A VAN IN A LAYBY. IT WAS A COUNTRY ROAD, THAT APARENTLY WAS A 30 ZONE. I WAS DOING JUST OVER 40! I GOT THE LETTER THROUGH THE DOOR OF MY MUMS HOUSE (WHERE MY CAR IS REGISTERED AT) A WEEK LATER, I OPENED IT, READ IT , AND CHUCKED IT. A MONTH LATER I GOT ANOTHER ONE, THIS ONE I DIDNT OPEN, I JUST WROTE NO LONGER AT THIS ADDRESS AND PUT IT BACK IN THE POST. THAT WAS THE LAST I HEARD OF IT. TILL NOW! A NOTE WAS LEFT AT MY MOTHERS SAYING COULD SHE CONTACT P.C. BLA BLA WITH INFORMATION ON MY WHERE ABOUTS.
I DONT LIVE WITH AT HER HOUSE SO THEY WONT FIND ME THERE, BUT MY MOTHER CANT LIE SO SHE'LL HAVE TO TELL THEM WHERE I AM. SO IM GONA BE EXPECTING A KNOCK ON THE DOOR SOON. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET OFF???????
Old 31 January 2005, 10:12 PM
Livewire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by perky555
LAST SEPTEMBER ON MY WAY TO A RALLY IN SWEETLAMB I WAS CAUGHT BY A SPEED CAMARA IN THE BACK OFF A VAN IN A LAYBY. IT WAS A COUNTRY ROAD, THAT APARENTLY WAS A 30 ZONE. I WAS DOING JUST OVER 40! I GOT THE LETTER THROUGH THE DOOR OF MY MUMS HOUSE (WHERE MY CAR IS REGISTERED AT) A WEEK LATER, I OPENED IT, READ IT , AND CHUCKED IT. A MONTH LATER I GOT ANOTHER ONE, THIS ONE I DIDNT OPEN, I JUST WROTE NO LONGER AT THIS ADDRESS AND PUT IT BACK IN THE POST. THAT WAS THE LAST I HEARD OF IT. TILL NOW! A NOTE WAS LEFT AT MY MOTHERS SAYING COULD SHE CONTACT P.C. BLA BLA WITH INFORMATION ON MY WHERE ABOUTS.
I DONT LIVE WITH AT HER HOUSE SO THEY WONT FIND ME THERE, BUT MY MOTHER CANT LIE SO SHE'LL HAVE TO TELL THEM WHERE I AM. SO IM GONA BE EXPECTING A KNOCK ON THE DOOR SOON. IS THERE ANY WAY I CAN GET OFF???????

Flee the country, escape to cuba and sell your car to me
Old 31 January 2005, 10:14 PM
perky555
Scooby Regular

HAVE IT IF YOU WANT?? NO ONE ELSE SEEMS TO WANT IT!!!!
Old 31 January 2005, 10:15 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Old 31 January 2005, 10:18 PM
perky555
Scooby Regular

NAH, CANT BE ARSED TO KEEP PUTTING IT BACK ON AT THE START OF SENTENCES.
Old 31 January 2005, 10:19 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just pay the fine and fill the states coffers - we need the money for those who abide by the law!

Thank you very much!

Pete
Old 31 January 2005, 10:45 PM
perky555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Just pay the fine and fill the states coffers - we need the money for those who abide by the law!

Thank you very much!

Pete
DONT CARE ABOUT THE FINE TO MUCH, ITS THE POINTS. THEY TAKE THE ****. (OH SORRY PSLEWIS, I MEEN THE PI55)
Old 31 January 2005, 10:48 PM
Gooner
Scooby Regular

Default 6 month rule

They must summons you within 6 months of the offence, if not there is sweet fanny adams they can do!
Old 31 January 2005, 10:52 PM
scoobchrissy
Scooby Senior

Yes but was it you driving..............
Old 31 January 2005, 10:59 PM
hades
Scooby Regular

Even September to February is less than 6 months I would suggest?

Other thing of course is that by not responding and claiming "not known at this address", potentially I think you've committed an offence by not informing the DVLA etc of change of address. I know you'll get away with it if you're e.g. living away from home at university and contactable via the registered "permanent" address, but by nature of saying "not known" you've potentially stitched yourself up.

Would take a more optimistic line, but the caps lock is annoying.
Old 31 January 2005, 11:07 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

I can't remember if it's a £400 or £1000 fine for failure to notify change of address?
Either way, it's a damn sight more than a £60 SP30 even with 3 points.
Your Mum's going to have to inform them (Police) where you currently reside, so you may as well take it on the chin like a man, knowing you were caught fair and square.
We'd all love a magic "get out of jail free" card but unless you're name ends Beckham or you drive Jack Straw about, then good luck
You were in the wrong after all.
Old 31 January 2005, 11:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would say its contempt of court and you will be looking at a fine, points and a stitch inside with BIG Boy Mad McRee the shower bandit!!

And turn your frigging capitals off!

Pete
Old 31 January 2005, 11:10 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Pass the soap.
Old 31 January 2005, 11:11 PM
perky555
Scooby Regular

sorry bout the caps lock OK!! yeah i thought about the fact that i havent changed address with the dvla might be an offence (another fine to look foward to!)
i heard if you dont sign the form when you send it back you can get away with it, is it true?
Old 31 January 2005, 11:11 PM
AJF
Scooby Regular

when you pay the fine take a trip out to the UAE and get a driving licence for 20quid takes 2 hours have a holiday at the same time come back and tell your insurance company and wait for PC Plod to try and put points on that one fines go in the bin also

Adrian
Old 31 January 2005, 11:17 PM
Robocop
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AJF
when you pay the fine take a trip out to the UAE and get a driving licence for 20quid takes 2 hours have a holiday at the same time come back and tell your insurance company and wait for PC Plod to try and put points on that one fines go in the bin also

Adrian
What about when you get pulled over and they do a check on the PNC?
Old 31 January 2005, 11:21 PM
Pogue
Scooby Regular

Be a man, stop hiding behind yer mum's apron and pay up for gawds sake.

Jeebus !!
Old 31 January 2005, 11:23 PM
captain ted
Scooby Regular

You are stuffed.

The quicker you contact them, the cheaper it will be.

(I know what i'm on about).
Old 01 February 2005, 12:05 AM
Livewire
Scooby Regular

Question I can Help

I don't condone fleeing the country but I know a mate of a mate that has a boat. Now this mate, has also had a speeding ticket and he plans to leave the country on friday for islands of Fernando de Noronha near Brazil.

If your interested PM me Ok

Old 01 February 2005, 12:16 AM
Livewire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Livewire
I don't condone fleeing the country but I know a mate of a mate that has a boat. Now this mate, has also had a speeding ticket and he plans to leave the country on friday for islands of Fernando de Noronha near Brazil.

I have information :

Two hundred some miles off Natal on Brazil's northeastern coast, in waters untainted by sediment from Brazil's major rivers, lies an archipelago looking today much like it did when it was discovered five hundred years ago. Its distance from shore and the limited tourist facilities aren't a drawback to visitors who rave enthusiastically about these spectacular islands. This is the one of the few locations in Brazil where the sun sets into the sea.

The islands are the remains of volcanic mountains jutting up from the Atlantic. There are twenty small islands, one larger one, and scores of beautiful beaches where clean sand, pure water and fabulous marine life abound.

Getting There

By Air:
Daily flights to and from Natal and Recife. By Water:
Boats leave from Natal and Recife. For private boats, there are facilities, though not luxurious, at the port.

When to Go Any time of year! The mild, equatorial climate is tempered with a gentle breeze. Temperatures are constant, 79F. or 26C. Rainy season in between April and July. Dry season is August to April, with the best surfing waves from December to February. These waves churn up the waters and divers and snorkelers will find the water clearer the rest of the year.

Last edited by Livewire; 01 February 2005 at 12:41 AM.
Old 01 February 2005, 12:19 AM
AJF
Scooby Regular

been stop 3 times so far hand over new licence and get lots of questions but theres not a lot they can do its legal to drive on a foriegn licence as long as its not from a eec country

Adrian
Old 01 February 2005, 11:00 AM
eric Scofield
Scooby Regular

Natal sounds nice, but I believe Vulcan is also a very good place for super-villains to cool their heels till the heat's off ..
Old 01 February 2005, 11:09 AM
khany
Scooby Regular

Tell them your uncle from Pakistan was driving your car on that day....I can provide you with address from Pakistan.
Old 01 February 2005, 01:35 PM
Livewire
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Livewire

My offer still stands
Old 01 February 2005, 02:22 PM
teknobod
Scooby Regular

Just pay the fine and save any further hassle!

Not informing the DVLA you can be fined up to £1000. Also where do your insurance company think the car is parked on an evening if registered at your parents address. You could also be prosecuted for defrauding the insurance company and the police also have access to the insurance database so could verify this information.

I think the fine is likely to be your cheapest option IMO!!
Old 01 February 2005, 03:19 PM
hostagewrx
Scooby Regular

Hehe, your summons will be sent to your mum (which is good enough, doesnt have to be direct to you), once served and no reply, then a warrant will be issued in your name. On being stopped by the Police you get a ride to Police station. Whether your warrant will be with bail or not with bail who knows.

Without bail, and locked up on Satuday afternoon then your in till Monday morning. Plus the courts will give u a nice little fine for your cheekyness.

We all speed, we all now we are speeding, so take the responsibility of it and accept it. You will only get **** over in court for pissing about.

Feel free to pop into the local nick and ask if u have a warrant out ..... hehe
Old 01 February 2005, 03:42 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

And if there is a warrant out expect to be picked up somewhen around early retirement age. Such is the speed of our BiB.

Old 01 February 2005, 06:02 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Warrants issued under the jurisdiction of another police force are unlikely to be acted upon for such a minor offence, so just make sure you move a long way from your mum
Old 01 February 2005, 07:15 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AJF
been stop 3 times so far hand over new licence and get lots of questions but theres not a lot they can do its legal to drive on a foriegn licence as long as its not from a eec country

Adrian
For the first two years, then you have to get a UK licence. My mates American wife was done for this....
Old 01 February 2005, 09:17 PM
perky555
Scooby Regular

MY MOTHERS INFORMED THE PLOD WHERE I LIVE, SO IM JUST WAITING FOR A KNOCK ON THE DOOR!!!!

Quick Reply: CAUGHT SPEEDING? ARE THERE LOOPHOLES?