Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

stopped again - haven't they got anything better to do ? (long !)

Search this Thread

Old 31 January 2005, 09:14 PM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy stopped again - haven't they got anything better to do ? (long !)

Editted/deleted after reasonable night's sleep !
My rant followed a bad day, topped by being stopped for "brisk acceleration" from 40 into 60 zone !
Now seems trivial ! (Still irritating though).

Stan

Last edited by StanS; 01 February 2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old 31 January 2005, 09:17 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

you would complain if your car was nicked and they didnt pull the ******* over though wouldnt you? ile happily let them pull me anytime they want as it meens they may do this with the said *******, if they nick my car.

*note* you may have already covered this I just couldnt be bothered to read through the whole of your post

jamo
Old 31 January 2005, 10:05 PM
stevie boy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
you would complain if your car was nicked and they didnt pull the ******* over though wouldnt you? ile happily let them pull me anytime they want as it meens they may do this with the said *******, if they nick my car.
i fully agree with above so long as plod doesn't have a bad attitude to start with if i've give him no reason to be arsey. 2 years with 2 scoobs an now at 26 and only bin pulled once (no reason just a check), couldn't fault plod, on my way within a minute as had all documents with me. kinda think i should of and hoped i'd of been pulled more. previously got pulled in my mondeo (at least it was a v6) for not dipping my lights when plod flashed me on other side of dual carridgeway. plod wouldn't have it that i didn't see him flash me, i'd been driving in a line traffic all the way out of hull city center (street lights hence no need to use full beam), no one in front had flashed their rear fog lights and when pulled over full beam wasn't on. not saying it was definatly wasn't me but very unlikly. he then suggested the lights where set to high (desite passing its mot 2 week prior) i think he was after an excuse to breathalise me (don't no if he needs an excuse?) to which i was not protesting about anyway - but why did he have to be arsey from the off? and he never checked or ask to see any docs or what my name was - ***

stevie
Old 31 January 2005, 10:45 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

ello ello ello ello it was me that pulled you .you wont be so lucky next time sunny jim.
Old 31 January 2005, 11:03 PM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Jamo - Sorry it was a bit long - but to let you know I did thank the plod for pulling me to check it wasn't some scumbag that had nicked it !!
Hutton D - rule 1 = don't show attitude to jobsworths - just smile., appologise and think "what an ****". If, however I was doing something wrong then I would accept what I deserve and would think "what an **** I was" !
Thomo or should it be Wigram - chances that the actual plod that stopped me reads this BBS are extremely slim so you are most likely a wind-up merchant so get a life (and if/when you have my driving record I might take you seriously ! - caught the real crims doing the Post Offices yet ?).
Nice threat, made in public !
Stan

Last edited by StanS; 01 February 2005 at 07:59 AM.
Old 31 January 2005, 11:09 PM
Mr Sympathy
Scooby Regular

Talking

I am beginning to think I am either very lucky or very unusual, since getting off motorbikes into cars 18 years ago only once been stopped in a car, prior to that got it all the time on my bike, now got a bike again, had scoobs for 4 years, also drive a camper van and a diesel 206, never get stopped. Look like a hooligan too, what am I doing right then?
Old 31 January 2005, 11:10 PM
THOMO
Scooby Regular

no im to busy eating pizzas with my fat mate to worry about post office criminals.and i have the occasional mac attack that does not help matters i love mcdonalds.
Old 31 January 2005, 11:45 PM
Jonty
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StanS
If this is what happens in sleepy Suffolk, hate to think what its like in a big city !
Don't take it personally Stan... you're just the victim of some sometimes bored Policemen twinned with owning a superb car which attracts attention (fuelled by the way it's driven.)

Hopefully like me you'll have plenty of respect for the Police across the UK and appreciate it's just the minority which spoil things. It's your right to fume at the moment, but given time you'll probably not be fussed. I had a bad experience once and came very close to filing an official complaint... but then wanted to settle for a stern 'word in his ear'... but when I was advised that it would either have to be official or none at all... I simply chose to rise above the Officer's immaturities and insecurities and occupy my time with better things.

I was cruising down a 50 mph dual carriageway in my MR2 with my other half fast asleep in the passenger seat. I passed a Police MPV which was parked up on a long, blind bend and I was passing another car at the time but still doing 50 mph... it was daylight and dry.

The Police car joined the carriageway, paced me at 50 mph for about 0.5 mile and then gave me the blues. Straight away I woke up the missus and complained that I was being pulled for something unknown to me. Knowing the local roads, 0.5 mile further up I knew there was an area to pull off into immediately before a roundabout, so I acknowledged the Police car with a raised hand and began pointing to the side of the road. This I repeated frequently so that the Policemen wouldn't think I'd just waved them off!

Then to my absolute surprise and as I'm just about to pull off the carriageway, the MPV rockets past me, carves me up, and forces me to stop my MR2 in a very dangerous position... now right before a roundabout and I have nowhere to go. The driver then shouted at me to exit my car and claimed I was going to lose my license. As if I wasn't stunned enough, I was then accused of driving at 90 mph and the Police had to hit 120 mph to catch me up. My thought at the time was 'rock hard MR2 suspension + 90 mph = 1 irrate and awake missus!"

The negative attitude towards me and my car continued whilst the PNC check was being conducted and I chose to just keep quiet and simply answer any questions... probably because I was still so stunned! There were zero issues with my car and to add disappointment I had (and still do) a clean license. When asked where I was going, I simply responded with "home" which was only a couple of miles away... where I was then told to drive home "safely and carefully." The bit that sums it all up though was the exchange between my missus and the other Officer. The wife said he looked at her with puppy eyes and simply mouthed, "sorry" to her.

Ho hum.

Jonts.
Old 01 February 2005, 07:52 AM
StanS
Scooby Regular

Yes I do have respect for the police - I wouldn't want to do their job or would be capable of doing it. (In the same way most of them would not want my job or would be capable of doing it - teaching with a high number of pupils with learning/emotional difficulties). My rant was the result of a bad day finishing with being stopped for brisk acceleration !
As you say there are a few who like to exert their authority and stop people.
Stan
Old 01 February 2005, 02:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by StanS
Yes I do have respect for the police - I wouldn't want to do their job or would be capable of doing it. (In the same way most of them would not want my job or would be capable of doing it - teaching with a high number of pupils with learning/emotional difficulties). My rant was the result of a bad day finishing with being stopped for brisk acceleration !
As you say there are a few who like to exert their authority and stop people.
Stan
So you'll know most of the coppers personally in about 10 years's time then............ex pupils? Yuk Yuk

Alcazar
Old 01 February 2005, 07:47 PM
StanS
Scooby Regular

LMAO Alcazar !! I need a laugh - thanks.
Judging by the spelling of alleged police officers responding on this BBS I shudder to think how they learn/remember the law if they can't even learn basic spelling and grammar rules after however many years they were at school !
I hope and believe that its only a few who have the attitude and education problems !
Stan
Old 02 February 2005, 07:17 PM
Chris5-0
Scooby Regular

StanS,

Iresent that remark!! MY educashion was tpo notch!!!

Runs off giggling!!!!