Paranoia

Search this Thread

Old 20 January 2005, 08:26 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paranoia

Hi all

Most of you will have read the thread regarding my Saxo being vandalised http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=386657 and will know that the girl's been arrested and is on police bail and that I have the car back from the spray shop looking fantastic.

What I need is some advice on how to get over the paranioa of it happening again now she knows the police are following it up. I'm currently walking a mile every morning to my car and a mile home in the evening just so it's not parked at my house. Last night after dropping it off I saw her near its location while I was walking back (she wouldn't recognise me so no real drama) but it was enough to make me go back out twice during the evening to make sure it was ok.

Now this is really starting to get me down because I've never been like this before. Has anyone been the victim of a crime, no matter how 'serious', that has messed them up a bit like this, and how did you get over it?

Cheers guys
Old 20 January 2005, 08:39 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

Time is a great healer.
Old 20 January 2005, 09:12 AM
Scoob99
Scooby Regular

Angry

I was the victim of a drunk driver in 1996, my injuries we so bad the police are suprised I'm alive, I was hit head on at a combined speed of 170mph, the guy who did this to me got a 15 month driving ban a £375 fine and £125 costs, I have his address and to this day I wanna turn up on his door step and punch his lights out, I had to have 5 years aggrestion training that got most of it out of me but their is still a small part that wants to break his legs, and that feeling will never go away Hope you get it sorted.
Cheers
Colin
Old 20 January 2005, 09:34 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

This type of thing does take a long time to get over. I know when we had our property broken into, we were paranoid for months, but it does subside eventually.
Old 20 January 2005, 10:33 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

When I was about 10, 2 a$$holess broke into my parents house at about 5pm one day - My mum was out cos she had taken my brothers and sister to swimming club.

I arrive home late from school (footy practice) and did the usual gain entrance into the house via the inside garage door to find that the kitchen window is smashed, one of the cupboards has been emptied along with my mums (2nd) handbag I slowly walk through the house where when I get to the bottom of the stairs I see these 2 f$ckers walk past the top. I get about half way up the stairs when they calmly walk (down) past me, I of course completely freeze on the spot, and one of them says:

"It's ok your dad's upstairs in the bedroom" when I know he's 3.5k miles away working in Saudi !!!!!

Took me a long time to get over that and tbh to this day (I'm 31 now) it still affects me in stupid ways like I'll always double check the doors are locked (even when I know neither me nor the missus has been out) or I can't sleep with the bedroom door closed - I can see if anyone is coming up the stairs.

I'm not one of these have a go heroes but god help any f$cker that enters my house uninvitied

Anyway moving on....
Old 20 January 2005, 10:41 AM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Hmm your tales kinda put it into perspective. I know my car being trashed isn't exactly a big deal in the scheme of things but it really pisses me off to be fretting about what a 15 year old girl is going to do next. We're hoping to be in the position to move house soonish and that's my light at the end of the tunnel at the moment. The other option is to buy a banger and take my car back to my mum's in Southampton until I get a garage sorted, but trying to find a garage to rent in a small town like Pontefract is no joke.
Old 20 January 2005, 10:58 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

When I first got my scoob I was paranoid about it being broken into / theft yadda yadda yadda because I don't have the luxury of a garage. So far <touch wood> nothing has happened to it But there's still that doubt in the back of my mind

On the flip side my youngest bro and his wife moved to Menorca last year and things are completely the opposite there..... hardly any cirme at all - the worst time of the year being when the Spanish from the mainland take their holidays there and he doesn't worry about a thing
Old 20 January 2005, 11:03 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would feel exactly the same J2S, don't know what you can do if you can't get it in a garage. Probably best to continue as you are until you move house. These evil ******* can be very vindictive and don't have any fear of the police anyway.

Only thing they respect is a good hiding , but you can't risk that of course.

Les