Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Berlin & English Stags?

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2005, 06:19 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Berlin & English Stags?

I've been invited to a stag weekend in Berlin in a few months and wondered what experiences of the place other people have had?

I'm wondering what kind of reception 15 burly brits will get in this once divided city? Is it a good night out? Are the women all 30 stone hammer throwers called Helga? Do Moxey, Barry and Oz still work near there? Is the beer cheap? All that kinda stuff...

Experiences or comments welcome - A bit different to the anticpated Hamsterflan jaunt...
Old 19 January 2005, 06:49 PM
Ale555
Scooby Regular

Quite nice there. And mostly no "Helgas". The girls are not as good as down here, but "accaptable"
Partying is not so easy. There are much partys, but the more you come in the south (of Germany!), the better the parties get.
Old 19 January 2005, 06:57 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Cool - thanks Ale555. What kind of reputation does the place have? Cultural, laid back, boring, lively??? Its an ex army friend who's arranging it, were all 28 - 42 years old and he thinks its the best venue. I would habe thought Barcelona / Madrid / Amsterdam maybe?
We tried for the Beerfest @ Munich - All being united fans we could have gone to the memorial too to pay tribute, but all hotels are fully booked already
P
Old 19 January 2005, 07:47 PM
Ale555
Scooby Regular

It´s VERY lively. Whatever you want, you can get it there.
You have so many bars, discos, markets, culturall highlights...amazing. Best for me is the new Potsdammer Platz. Great what they build up there. East and west Berlin is not that different anymore. Its more that every part of the city is different.
Old 19 January 2005, 08:00 PM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Abdabz
Cool - thanks Ale555. What kind of reputation does the place have? Cultural, laid back, boring, lively??? Its an ex army friend who's arranging it, were all 28 - 42 years old and he thinks its the best venue. I would habe thought Barcelona / Madrid / Amsterdam maybe?
We tried for the Beerfest @ Munich - All being united fans we could have gone to the memorial too to pay tribute, but all hotels are fully booked already
P
I lived in Berlin for 2 years (oh memories) working as a carpenter. And i tell you wot, it is one of the most awsome cities in the world. The bar and club scene are suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuperb. The history there is unreal. I took the wife last year for a long weekend, and she was reluctant, but she wants to go again in april. I was transfered down to leipzeig and brandis, stayed two weeks and went back to Berlin. The kudam is very westernised and going back into the east is like stepping in time. Both have great bars and clubs, and the best beer, bar none in the world.The east is more special and has a better feeling and more welcoming, It's ashame your only going for the weekend, as there are so many great bars. MITTE is the best place to start and you can move in and out of the east and west easily, have a great time and post the pics when your'e back.
Old 19 January 2005, 08:54 PM
eldudereno
Scooby Regular

Have been there a couple of times in the last few months with work, but couldn't find any good bars, where are they?

Apart from an Irish bar we visted, all of the other bars seemed to be all seaters where you get served at the table. Where are the pubs where you go to the bar yourself and mix with the local girls?

Noticed some rather tasty ladies of the night along Oranienburger Strasse though.

Oh yes, I forgot to add...Our german colleagues far prefer visiting Newcastle as the girls wear bugger all when out on the town!

Last edited by eldudereno; 19 January 2005 at 08:59 PM.
Old 19 January 2005, 08:55 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Abdabz
We tried for the Beerfest @ Munich .........but all hotels are fully booked already
If you really want to go, it is possible to get accom even when it is on.