Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dream Decoding

Search this Thread

Old 10 January 2005, 10:58 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dream Decoding

Anyone know how to do it? Had a weird dream last night which seems to be on my mind a little bit

Andy
Old 10 January 2005, 11:23 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Yup - listen to somebody's dream and make some stuff up that sounds convincing, same principal as astrology.

Do some reading of REM and dreams from respectable scientific sources, they are more a case of your brain suffling about the data is has assimilated than some spooky way of looking in to the future.
Old 10 January 2005, 11:27 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I'd love to know what my dreams have got to do with my brain sorting through input!
Old 10 January 2005, 11:42 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sith
I'd love to know what my dreams have got to do with my brain sorting through input!
Have a read up on "lucid dreaming". It is believe that some people can influence the "direction" of their dreams. I suspect there is a degree of sub-conscious data sorting mixed with conscious interpretation and influencing going on.
Old 10 January 2005, 11:53 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Do some reading of REM and dreams from respectable scientific sources, they are more a case of your brain suffling about the data is has assimilated than some spooky way of looking in to the future.
Olly,

Yeah I'd agree with you on this - I've never thought that it was some way of reading the future. More an indication of what and how your brain is assimilating what is currently going on

Been doing some reading on the net - one part of my dream had an airplane that crashed, which according to one source claimed the following.....

"To dream that a plane crashes, suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals. Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified"

At the end of last week my Line Manager and I were agreeing on my objectives for 2005 - wonder whether my brain thinks I've over cooked myself

Andy
Old 10 January 2005, 11:57 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I can change the direction of my dreams when I am aware I am dreaming, I can dream within a dream, eg I'm dreaming, and the character I am in the dream then goes to sleep and they dream.

There are times when I try and change the course of a dream but it just wont let me do it. The brain always seems to bring up a new block.

Going to do a search on Lucid dreaming.
Old 10 January 2005, 12:06 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by T4molie
Olly,

Yeah I'd agree with you on this - I've never thought that it was some way of reading the future. More an indication of what and how your brain is assimilating what is currently going on

Been doing some reading on the net - one part of my dream had an airplane that crashed, which according to one source claimed the following.....

"To dream that a plane crashes, suggests that you have set overly high and unrealistic goals for yourself. Your goals may be too high and are impossible to realize. You are in danger of having it come crashing down. Alternatively, your lack of confidence, self-defeating attitude and self-doubt toward the goals you have set for yourself is represented by the crashing airplane; you do not believe in your ability to attain those goals. Loss of power and uncertainty in achieving your goals are also signified"

At the end of last week my Line Manager and I were agreeing on my objectives for 2005 - wonder whether my brain thinks I've over cooked myself

Andy
I wouldn't read too much in to the dream interpretation, it seems very wooley to me, bit like spirit readings and astrology, leave it loose enough and anybody can read something in to it.
Old 10 January 2005, 12:08 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sith
I can change the direction of my dreams when I am aware I am dreaming, I can dream within a dream, eg I'm dreaming, and the character I am in the dream then goes to sleep and they dream.

There are times when I try and change the course of a dream but it just wont let me do it. The brain always seems to bring up a new block.

Going to do a search on Lucid dreaming.
Sounds to me like that is what you are doing, you may well find it interesting
Old 10 January 2005, 12:28 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

I rarely remember my dreams but I had a really weird one (no not that sort ) this morning just before the alarm went off. It also involved aircraft amoungst other things. I doubt anyone could make any sense of it, I was questioning my own sanity for a while after waking from it Must lay off the homebrew
Old 10 January 2005, 12:35 PM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Graz
Must lay off the homebrew
That's what I usually blame it on but I haven't had any since Saturday night.... unless it was a delayed reaction?
Old 10 January 2005, 04:19 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

OK, been looking into Lucid Dreaming, I can do it from time to time, don't always realise I can do it, but still do it on a subconcious level.

I also remember lot's of other dreams regardless. Hmmm.

I DON'T want to remember these dreams, I wake feeling tired and irritable. I am fed up remembering dreams, people on the Lucid forums are trying to remember their dreams and control them more.

Has anyone got any ideas on how I can sleep without remembering my dreams?

I had one patch of a couple of weeks just before I got made redundant when they stopped. Next day after the meeting they were back.

My whole day suffers as a result of my dreaming, lethargic all day, not helping my depression and ruining my attempts down the gym.

I want rid of these f*cking dreams.
Old 10 January 2005, 04:23 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

No idea, I very rarely can remember my dreams and I am odd anyway in that they aren't usually visually driven but more by touch.

REM sleep seems to be considered necessary, however you do need your deep un-interrupted sleep as well. I wonder if you are not falling in to that "deep" sleep which is making the tiredness and irritability worse? I am no doctor, but it may be worth having a chat with yours, or try and over the counter remedy like Nightol or whatever.
Old 10 January 2005, 04:34 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

I've heard certain "herbal" remedies are quite good for increasing the amount of deep sleep you have
Old 10 January 2005, 05:25 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

I've spoken to my Doctor, Shrink and Councellor, so far no one has come up with any ideas. :Brickwall: I am probably going to try nytol. If that doesn't help I will try Graz's 'Hebal' route.
Old 10 January 2005, 06:48 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

My dreams only ever seem to last like 5 seconds, always seem a bit short in fact most of them are just 2 or 3 images and its over.
Old 10 January 2005, 06:54 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Red face

Last night I dreamt that I was going to get f*cked up the *rse by my ex mother-in-law and a family division judge.

Guess what happened today.
Old 10 January 2005, 07:45 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

You got a sore botty today!