Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Parking Ding

Search this Thread

Old 22 December 2004, 03:18 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Parking Ding

When I came back to my car today someone had scraped the rear bumper down to the black plastic underlayer whilst manoevering past my car.

Its a dark blue car and the scrape is only quite small, so not massively noticeable. In fairness the person who did is will be paying for it so I can't complain.

Question is how much will a minor scrape like this set them back? There is no other damage.

All replies welcome
Old 22 December 2004, 03:25 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Unhappy

Shouldnt be too much, Id imagine anywhere between £50 and £300 depending on the extent of the damage and who repairs it. As its a cash job and not insurance, id say fairly cheap. Get a quote and chat to the bloke who hit you b4 getting any work done

The other day whilst in sainsburys looked over at a runaway trolley, going down this steep bit then crack straight into a newish, shiny Omega type thing. I had a look in the direction the trolley came from and this old biddy was looking all around her, I suppose for her trolley, as she had the rear hatch open.

The bloke who parked his omega up must have thought to himself that his car would be scrape free upon his return as he parked it nowhere near anything else and a good trek from the main doors.

Odds on her leaving a note behind with her details?
Old 22 December 2004, 03:25 PM
AudiMan
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

£50-£100, I would guess, someone like chips away do minor stuff like this, and very good results (no personal experience though), think they charge about £60 per panel.

Ian..
Old 22 December 2004, 03:26 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CLSII
When I came back to my car today someone had scraped the rear bumper down to the black plastic underlayer whilst manoevering past my car.

Its a dark blue car and the scrape is only quite small, so not massively noticeable. In fairness the person who did is will be paying for it so I can't complain.

Question is how much will a minor scrape like this set them back? There is no other damage.

All replies welcome
its christmas,, yer old scrooge. leave it be, ive had worse stone chips!!!

did it happen on private property ??? civil matter then!!

M
Old 22 December 2004, 10:59 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Thanks Scoobynutta and Audiman...Mart360 obviously wants to be controversial or has no grasp on reality and/or hasn't bothered to read the thread properly before posting. .

I'm lucky that someone owned up. I remember taking a womans details whilst on holiday after watching her cause damage to a car which she reversed into. She made a real mess of it. She made a great show of placing her details on the car she ran into with pen in hand scribbling on a piece of paper etc. Then placing it under the wiper of the car. when the owner returned I gave him her details and the note she had left him was completely blank.

Obviously as per the reply Mart360 from some people think it's ok to damage your property and if you complain you are a 'scrooge'. Well it's only a car isn't it

Am I a scrooge in asking for damage to my parked car to be sorted out?
Old 22 December 2004, 11:08 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Thanks Scoobynutta and Audiman...Mart360 obviously wants to be controversial or has no grasp on reality and/or hasn't bothered to read the thread properly before posting. .

I'm lucky that someone owned up. I remember taking a womans details whilst on holiday after watching her cause damage to a car which she reversed into. She made a real mess of it. She made a great show of placing her details on the car she ran into with pen in hand scribbling on a piece of paper etc. Then placing it under the wiper of the car. when the owner returned I gave him her details and the note she had left him was completely blank.

Obviously as per the reply Mart360 from some people think it's ok to damage your property and if you complain you are a 'scrooge'. Well it's only a car isn't it

Am I a scrooge in asking for damage to my parked car to be sorted out?

fine.. the bill for the stone chip/ dent to my bonnet is in the post to you..
i know it was you, cos you drove past me the other day!!!

To quote a hackneyd phrase, its up to you to prove your innocence!!

i didnt realise that part of scoby ownership was an inbuilt, sue every ****** for any marks on my car mentality,, i bet your kids think your a barrell of laughs!! ;D

lighten up,,, anyway as i said if it was on private property, it becomes a civil matter..

mart
Old 22 December 2004, 11:19 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Mart 360

I do not know what your problem is with this. Read the thread. Somone has run into my car. I saw them do it. They have admitted doing it. They have accepted responsibility for their actions . They are paying for it.

I am asking how cheaply I can get it sorted out for their benefit as well as mine. I am not suing anyone. I do not drive a "scoby". I am not a "barell" whatever that is. A civil matter means, not criminal, not that there is no means of redressing a problem caused.

Yuo are obviously having a bad day
Old 22 December 2004, 11:28 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

All replies welcome

As above, !!!! you asked for replys!!

so dont!!!

you asked for replies, i did . Unfortunatly i dont do the group hug , we,re out in sympathy bit..

as i said ive lost count of the stone chips, dents scratches and general damage that occurs with owning a car..

forgot to add .. just noticed " your a scooby newby"..

you,l learn that scoobs have nanothin paint, just farting near a painted surface will remove paint..

just do a search!!

merry christmas
mart

Last edited by mart360; 22 December 2004 at 11:30 PM.
Old 22 December 2004, 11:31 PM
TurboKitty
Scooby Regular

Mart, have you been at the sherry?
Old 22 December 2004, 11:41 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Mart 360.

If only you could read my initial question before you started your replies....

I don't need a group hug, I don't need insults about whether my children find me amusing enough, I don't need anecdotes from you about how awful your car is, full of dent's, scratches and general damage. I am not even complaining about the fact that my car was damaged. I don't want sympathy either you halfwit.

All I was asking was how much it was going to cost to put right. I posted on here to get replies about that. Is that OK with you? Obviously not.

Merry Christmas to you too
Old 22 December 2004, 11:42 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

He's been on the sherry
Old 22 December 2004, 11:53 PM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

It's gone really quiet......do you think he's OK?
Old 23 December 2004, 12:01 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

It's gone really quiet......do you think he's OK?
me i,m fine,,,

M
Old 23 December 2004, 12:12 AM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Glad to here it mate ...oh by the way I've been here since about 1999...had to reluctantly change my identity after a couple of ISP changes so lost a few hundred posts. So I might be a "lurker" but not much of a newbie. I remember when PSLewis started posting!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Old 23 December 2004, 12:14 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Glad to here it mate ...oh by the way I've been here since about 1999...had to reluctantly change my identity after a couple of ISP changes so lost a few hundred posts. So I might be a "lurker" but not much of a newbie. I remember when PSLewis started posting!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
oh god he knows pissy pete

M
Old 23 December 2004, 12:24 AM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Drink plenty of water before you go to bed
Old 23 December 2004, 10:22 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
me i,m fine,,,

M
Bet you're not this morning. This and the butchers story You must have been mixing your drinks last night
Old 23 December 2004, 01:04 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Bet you're not this morning. This and the butchers story You must have been mixing your drinks last night

nope..

havnt had a drink at all this chrimbo!!!

its funny really, the original poster, gets of scott free, and just because i had a similar experiance, i get pilloried!!, prehaps we need a poll who is REALLY telling the truth??

still what do you expect.. it is SN after all.

it could have been worse, hate mail , death threats, fatwah,s

forgot to add got your D500 yet Andy??

Mart