Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Mobile Speed Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 19 December 2004, 11:29 PM
Jolly
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Mobile Speed Cameras

Just received my Notice of Intended Prosecution today from Thames Valley Politzie, caught on mobile camera 11 days ago apparently doing 37 in a 30. Have O b2 but to my understanding the unit doesnt pickup Mobile Radar. I would appreciate any advice on a way of avoiding the points, Does the loophole still apply of not signing the form that you send back rendering it inadmissable as evidence? Is there a mobile radar detector out on the market? Can anti-mobile radar speed trap missiles be fitted to MY04 WRX in any way.

Any help would be much appreciated

Cheers and Seasons Greetings to you all

By the way Trap is located on Watlington Road, Blackbird Leys, Oxford northbound on the way in to oxford just past roundabout for Ozone Cinema. And just for s**ts and giggles his mate is on the A4074 on the way out of Oxford southbound just at the end of the dual carriage way. There every Sunday

Jol

Last edited by Jolly; 19 December 2004 at 11:32 PM.
Old 19 December 2004, 11:53 PM
Nixon
Scooby Regular

Sorry bout the bad news! Suggest you tidy up the following letter and send it off, make it more specific to your 'case' and lay out as a standard letter...

'Your Reference Dear Sir, In response to your recent issue of a conditional offer of fixed penalty regarding an alleged motoring offence on ...... dated ........ I would be obliged if you could supply me with the answers to my questions so I can correctly respond to your accusation: 1) Please provide details relating to the officer who loaded and activated the camera pertinent to this alleged offence. 2) I would like to see all the current training and procedure certificates for the said officer. 3) Please provide identification of actual equipment used to record the alleged offence. 4) I would like to see all maintenance and calibration records for the identified equipment. 5) I would like proper documentation that states that all calibration procedures for the actual site have been actioned accordingly and noted by the activating officer. 6) Please identify the exact location of the equipment used to record the alleged offence. 7) Please show that the vehicle named, i.e., YOUR REG was isolated in the field of view and not 'shadowed' by any other vehicle. 8) Please provide copies of actual photos of the alleged offence. 9) Please provide documentation that the site was totally suitable for this type of equipment and free from any type of contamination. 10) That the site fulfils any guidelines set down in legislation, i.e., length of site, eight or more injury accidents in preceding three years etc. 11) That the visibility of the camera complies with all ACPO guidelines etc. 12) I would like a copy of the force's procedures for the use of said equipment. I would like this information as soon as possible in order for me to react correctly to your offer. I await your reply. Yours Faithfully'

Best of luck
Old 19 December 2004, 11:56 PM
Roojai
Scooby Regular

very useful nixon
Old 20 December 2004, 12:03 AM
Nixon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Roojai
very useful nixon
It has been proven to work in the past, so give it a bash!
Old 20 December 2004, 12:57 AM
brihoppy
Scooby Regular

think the old returning it unsigned loophole might not have been closed yet as well
Old 20 December 2004, 07:10 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Mobile vans use laser not radar, I thing only Gatso's use radar these days .......
Old 20 December 2004, 08:36 AM
robinH20MRV
Scooby Regular

Question blinders?

hii troops,

will the latest jammers/blinders/garage door openers take care of this problem?

your thoughts please!

cheers robin.

Trending Topics

Old 20 December 2004, 09:09 AM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

I have the Target LRC100 and yes it does stop the mobile vans getting a speed reading from you , its the best car related item I have ever bought
Old 20 December 2004, 09:19 AM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Doesn't stop you getting stuck on for obstructing a constable or attempting to pervert the course of justice
Old 20 December 2004, 09:43 AM
Chrisgr31
Scooby Regular

Trying to expoilt loopholes is all very well and good, but do ensure that at tye end of the day they will work, and you have the funds to pay any lawyer necessary to take the case all the way. Otherwise it might be better to accept you were speeding pay up and take the hit on the chin. Although it has to be said that the whole camera system relies on drivers taking the penalty when offered.

As regards any system for detecting cameras don't bother. Once your detector has detector the camera it is too late! The camera will have got you before you react.

The only solution is a jammer, although these are of doubtful legality. Apparently they work best if once you get an indication you have been targeted you brake and turn off the jammer so the camera (if mobile) can get a reading. Otherwise you might find the police hammering on the door asking to inspect your car one morning!
Old 20 December 2004, 12:28 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

yes thats what I do , if I'm speeding its only just over going with the flow of the other traffic , so yes I brake , get under the limit and turn it off , they then get a reading and no one is any wiser , worked about 7 or 8 times for me now , that might sound like I do a lot of speeding , I just live in south Wales where they seem to be around every corner
Old 20 December 2004, 01:12 PM
Jolly
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up Thanks, much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Nixon
Sorry bout the bad news! Suggest you tidy up the following letter and send it off, make it more specific to your 'case' and lay out as a standard letter...

'Your Reference Dear Sir, In response to your recent issue of a conditional offer of fixed penalty regarding an alleged motoring offence on ...... dated ........ I would be obliged if you could supply me with the answers to my questions so I can correctly respond to your accusation: 1) Please provide details relating to the officer who loaded and activated the camera pertinent to this alleged offence. 2) I would like to see all the current training and procedure certificates for the said officer. 3) Please provide identification of actual equipment used to record the alleged offence. 4) I would like to see all maintenance and calibration records for the identified equipment. 5) I would like proper documentation that states that all calibration procedures for the actual site have been actioned accordingly and noted by the activating officer. 6) Please identify the exact location of the equipment used to record the alleged offence. 7) Please show that the vehicle named, i.e., YOUR REG was isolated in the field of view and not 'shadowed' by any other vehicle. 8) Please provide copies of actual photos of the alleged offence. 9) Please provide documentation that the site was totally suitable for this type of equipment and free from any type of contamination. 10) That the site fulfils any guidelines set down in legislation, i.e., length of site, eight or more injury accidents in preceding three years etc. 11) That the visibility of the camera complies with all ACPO guidelines etc. 12) I would like a copy of the force's procedures for the use of said equipment. I would like this information as soon as possible in order for me to react correctly to your offer. I await your reply. Yours Faithfully'

Best of luck
Thanks for the advice etc will definately give this a go and see what there reply is.

Cheers

Jol
Old 20 December 2004, 01:22 PM
austen_wrx
Scooby Regular

The vans do not use laser, my RA2 has never picked up laser on any of these vans. They either use induction loops in the road or radar. Please correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 20 December 2004, 01:27 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Hi Jolly
The not signing of NIP is DEAD- post Francis appeal-
lots of other defences though

pop over to http://www.pepipoo.com

Join the fightback forum or even better become a member a help fund the appeal.
Buy a pepipoo coffee mug or bumper sticker for Xmas

Read the FAQ and post your details
The Pace witness statement is causing lots of fun with the scammers

Andy

Last edited by andy97; 20 December 2004 at 01:38 PM.
Old 20 December 2004, 01:36 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Nixon

Best of luck
He hasn't receieved a conditional offer,yet. They will not supply most of the information until a summons has been raised with the magistrates. Then he can go for disclosure of evidence, certificates, video etc.

If Jolly doesnt supply the info within 28 days they will do him for failure to identify S172. Jolly knows its him so he would be best considering the PACE witness statement.
Old 20 December 2004, 01:51 PM
RayC
Scooby Regular

For those who have the LRC100 where have you mounted the head?

mine is where the front number plate used to be as i have a stick on plate in the grill opening, i am worried they will use the screen to get a reading and the jammer wont help

any thoughts??
Old 20 December 2004, 02:35 PM
awd wrx
Scooby Regular

I went and had mine checked and set up , mines under my number plate but its not on a scooby , when he first tested it with his gun he did get speed readings off my screen , but with a bit of adjusting of the head he ended up getting no readings where ever he pointed the gun , if you havent had it tested get it done , just because its there doesnt mean you got 100% protection , it only cost £40 to do
Old 20 December 2004, 02:36 PM
sherlock
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Jolly
Thanks for the advice etc will definately give this a go and see what there reply is.

Cheers

Jol
Pay the fine you fister, i know you earn loads

andy97 has given you the web site i was on about, see you in the bar laters

to drown your sorrows!!!

Wife beater or Wobbly

Sherlock
Old 20 December 2004, 02:40 PM
MR_MAJ
Scooby Regular

Wink

Nixon i like what you wrote, im going to print a copy of that off to keep for future reference!

Good luck jolly!