Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Absolute classic this morning!!!

Search this Thread

Old 15 December 2004, 09:14 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Absolute classic this morning!!!

Superb.

Tootling down the M1 in my 951 and between Jct 11-10 the traffic slows up and stops. The car in front is a transit type thing, smells a bit oily/smokey. So, everything stops. I leave a gap of about 4 car lengths to the transit as I don't really wanna breathe in the crap it was chucking out.

We are stationary.

I hear a "beep beep beep" - I recognise the sound of the horn as a Vectra (1997 shape). I have one that's how I knew. The only Vectra was directly behind me. Single occupant, grey haired guy but not that old - 50 I'd say.

I ignored it as I wasn't too sure it was aimed at me. After about 30 seconds he beeps and holds the horn down for a good 3 seconds. I look in my rear view mirror and see this bloke waving me to go forward (bearing in mind in stationary traffic so he aint going anywhere). CLASSIC!! He was punching his steering wheel, waving his hands around, shouting to himself and all sorts!!!

The traffic started moving, I maintained the gap and this guy was getting more and more irate. Part of me wanted to jump out my car and explain to him that A: He wasn't getting anywhere and B: I was keeping a distance due to the muck coming out the van.....however not particularly prudent to do so on the M1!!!

When the traffic got moving I pulled over to the left, he came up beside me and looked at me waving his hands around, all red in the face. For what I ask myself?!??!?!

He undid his window and shouted "you've got a f$cking Porsche can't you go any quicker". I just laughed at him and said "you really are a clueless peasant". This REALLY wound him up - he was punching his hand, steering wheel, even driving somewhat erratically because of this.

I was in tears of laughter, uncontrollable. So funny.

Sorry - just had to share it.

P.S. I did feel a bit bad as he looked the type that would go home and beat the **** out of his misses to vent his unnecessary anger!!

Last edited by Senior_AP; 15 December 2004 at 09:18 AM.
Old 15 December 2004, 09:25 AM
T4molie
Scooby Regular

Classic

I spent the best part of 2 years driving the M1/M25 from Bedford to Uxbridge and back everyday. I used to see ppl acting like you've just described every day

Could never understand why ppl allow themselves to get so wound up and stressed in stationary traffic when a couple of car lengths are going to make soooo much difference

Just sit back, relax, turn the stereo up and move when the traffic does
Old 15 December 2004, 09:26 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Old 15 December 2004, 09:29 AM
darts_aint_sport
Scooby Regular

lol. Nice one AP
Old 15 December 2004, 09:30 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

lol... had similar experiences before.. even town driving you get this sort of behaviour, again would love to jump out and explain to people about the road circumstances yet knowing my luck Id jump out and they think Im up for a barny and got a knuckle on my nose before I know anything has happened and it'd still be my fault as I jumped out first they'd be defending themselves lol
Old 15 December 2004, 09:30 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

LOL! Next time remember to add: "check scoobynet in about an hour, there's going to be thread dedicated to ridiculing you!"

Old 15 December 2004, 09:37 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I did, for a few seconds have a sense of rage myself. Wanted to pan the tw&t but I took a deep breath and the laughing began.
Old 15 December 2004, 10:29 AM
Patt@firstime
Scooby Regular

PMSL Classic
Old 15 December 2004, 01:12 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I'd love to talk to him and explain it all - just to see what the stressy little **** says.
Old 15 December 2004, 01:24 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

It was probably the result of sitting behind two old cars belching out poisonous fumes that got to him.
Old 15 December 2004, 01:26 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
It was probably the result of sitting behind two old cars belching out poisonous fumes that got to him.

lol - quite possibly!!
Old 15 December 2004, 05:53 PM
TopBanana
Scooby Regular

Best thing to do always is to laugh! Winds them up even more. Freaks!
Old 15 December 2004, 05:59 PM
Mungo
Scooby Regular

I had something very similar happen to me on Fulham Palace Rd in London - queueing in stationary traffic and I held back so as not to basically park across a zebra crossing. I had some blokes in a Golf GTi behind me hooting to move forward onto the crossing so I turned round and looked at them - there was a bit of gesturing and I thought nothing of it. Next thing I know, we finally get moving and move onto Hammersmith Broadway - they overtake me in an insane manner, screech to a halt in front of me and leap out for a fight!! Fortunately I had enough room to manouvre and as soon as they were level with my door I drove off. Did a couple of laps of the Broadway to be sure I wasn't being followed. They were completely mental and totally lost it for no reason. Maybe I had "dissed" them - I think you can imagine the type.

PS I was in an old 895cc Polo, pre-Scoob days!

Last edited by Mungo; 15 December 2004 at 06:01 PM.
Old 15 December 2004, 06:37 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Wink

Something similar happened to me in France, load of chav French youth in the car behind me started abusing me, chucking stuff at my car when I refused to move up in traffic in order to let someone in front of me. They obviously thought the idea of letting someone out a real pain.

Anyway, they started chucking stuff, so I gestured back at them, they waved fists, I stopped and got out, me, 15 year old son and 12 year old son versus 5 French chavs.

Unfortunately for them, they hadn't banked on the fact that I was travelling with 3 carloads of French people in French registered cars, including 5 other large-ish blokes!

I've NEVER seen anyone back off so quick in my life, and because we were in traffic, they couldn't go anywhere, so we ALL mocked them for about 3 miles!!!

Loved it

Alcazar
Old 15 December 2004, 10:39 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I think it's really good when you can laugh like that...

I had a numpty in a X5 try and race me off the lights one time - It was bloody obvious he was going to try as soon as he pulled up inside of me (right lane is straight on only, left lane is for turning left and going straight on.. and gets blocked in shortly after the lights... so the right hand lane is logical for going straight on)

I'm sat in my lowly golf.. and there he is with his over made-up trout of a wife looking down their noses at me - so the lights turn green and off he races... I thought "sod this" and gave chase - basically going straight past him... did I forget to mention it's a V6 4motion?

Anyway I look in the rear view mirror and the pair of them are going just absolutely berserk! I mean REALLY going nuts - any more and I would've expected foaming and spitting. Arms waving, all SORTS of language (glad I can't lip read) red faces.. an astonishing display - him, this fat old fart director type and her, this sour faced old madam going just completely mental...

It's only 3/4 mile to the next roundabout and they pull up alongside of me and they're still at it - I glance across and they're like hurling all sorts of abuse at me... it looked so comical I just lost it.. absolutely howling with laughter and pointing at them - this just made the pair of them worse and me laugh even more - it was only the guy behind sounding his horn that stopped all the hilarity (spoilsport)

I was chuckling all the way home after that... still smiling now thinking about this pair of purple faces....
Old 16 December 2004, 10:28 AM
goatherder
Scooby Newbie

I just dont get how people can get so worked up - I've had several cases of abuse for leaving gaps that people obviously thought were "too big". Like its going to add more than a second to their journey.... Just dont get it :/

Tho it is quite good fun winding them up hehe
Old 16 December 2004, 10:33 AM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

PMSL @ "Clueless Peasant"

Edmund Blackadder is alive and well...
Old 16 December 2004, 10:57 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, we've all had it. My best (or worst one) was in May last year. I was driving my girlfriends Fiesta (1.25 Zetec - feel the power!) along the M1 heading south from Northampton. Travelling in the middle lane at 70 I pulled into out to overtake a lorry doing 60 (after checking my mirrors etc). There was a car in the outside lane maybe 200m behind me - so far behind I could tell the type of car. I'm passing the lorry when this idiot (female) pulls so close to me I can't see her reg. number; 1-2m and starts flashing his lights, gesticulating etc, she can't go anywhere because I've a lorry to my left. By this time I'm getting a bit pi**ed off with her, so, (stupid I know) I touch the brake pedal with my left foot to bring on my brake lights to make her back off. She doesn't, but now she's really mad - I must be the worst in the world to her. Anyway I pass the lorry and pull in. She comes by me and waves some gesture to indicate that she thinks that I ********** a lot! Worse still she decides that he should brake too, but only after pulling directly in front of me about 2m away. I manage to lock the brakes on the fiesta at 80mph but still hit her car. I pull to the left hand lane and she comes along side ma and swerves again to hit me. I brake and avoid a collision. Then she drives off at over 100mph. I give chase to get the reg. number and report this to the police and my insurance. To cut a long story short there was no woman on the policy (here's the best bit), it was a MAN IN DRAG!!!!! A transvestite!!!!! No wonder he didn't want to stop and exchange details. He would not reply to his insurers, I had to go to the small claims court to get a settlement for the damage done to my girlfriends car. Crazy eh.
Old 16 December 2004, 11:18 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by gpssti4
. She comes by me and waves some gesture to indicate that she thinks that I ********** a lot!
Well, as long as you don't do it whilst driving!

Incidentally, I've never worked out why people regard the term "wa*ker" is an insult??? Personally, I think "clueless peasant" is a much better insult!

Best.