Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

o2 website

Search this Thread

Old 06 December 2004, 05:38 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry o2 website

Is it just me or does this site never seem to be working properly with certain features always down.
Old 06 December 2004, 05:48 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

I can never get it to load properly via my wireless connection.

It's one of the very few sites that just refuses to load for me. Rather annoying considering I need to upgrade this month.

Last edited by G-STAR; 06 December 2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 06 December 2004, 05:51 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Yeah i was going to upgrade to 6600 but it says its not working!!
Old 06 December 2004, 05:52 PM
stevencotton
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is one of the worst corporate sites ever, a complete and utter waste of time. Whoever was in charge of that project should be sacked and prevented from ever, ever handling anything that the public may have to see or use again.

Try writing a complaint into their postage-stamp sized form Don't swear though, they have a nanny filter on it which bounces your mail, how do I know this?
Old 06 December 2004, 06:43 PM
G-STAR
Scooby Regular

While we're on the topic, does the UK o2 website have a mobile upgrade check?

I know the Irish site has a system of whereby you just enter the phone number in order to check (http://web.o2.ie/personal/my_o2/upgrade.jsp) but I don't see it on the UK site.

Otherwise, would I have to log-in to check? - The problem being that all of my details aren't with me at the moment.
Old 06 December 2004, 07:25 PM
farmer1
Scooby Regular

Don't even get me started on the people at the end of the phone lines/email. Ohh and the site biggest pile of crap ever always get the same error on my bill, press back on my browser and it appears. A tad annoying.

Ohh and then they always charge me for GPRS rather then taking it out of my allowance. And the bill never gets done on the right day. The texts get taken from one months allowance and the calls from the next.

In the end I just found it easier to try and work with the problems then complain because the staff are completely brain dead either that or they just don't understand English.

Rant Over.
Old 07 December 2004, 11:24 AM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

It took me about half an hour to find the customer services number on the site and whenever I rang it I was on hold for about ten minutes before I got fed up and hung up.

Windyboy.

Trending Topics

Old 07 December 2004, 11:25 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

just yesterday a mate told me about the new D500 thing, called O2 from the number on my bill and now have a new D500 for free being sent out monday...top company!
Old 07 December 2004, 11:56 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

The problem with the O2 site is that each part of it (shop, home page, news) is written with a different technology and a different team. One part using BroadVision, another ASP, yet another Vignette, some just html etc... And these teams do not seem to talk to each other.

It has been mentioned politely that it is a mess.

Steve.
Old 07 December 2004, 12:00 PM
George W Bush
BANNED

02 are the worst company I have ever dealt with. My company has 50 phones with them and we will never, ever use them again, it takes forever to get to speak to anyone with half a brain, you get passed around from pillar to post and in my area the reception is appalling.
Old 07 December 2004, 12:38 PM
Silvafox
Scooby Regular

Angry

O2 service is absolutely cr@p. Never had so many problems as with these lot. As soon as my contracts up I'm outta there. Website never, ever works properly, everyone at the end of the phones are all muppets too. I rang 4 times yesterday/today and got told 4 different things. They are offering compensation for my hassles but they can stick the phones where the sun don't shine as far as I'm concerned. Second to them is BT and then NTL for cr@p cutomer service and pickup times.
Old 07 December 2004, 01:04 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I know someone who works for them, they keep him in beer, peanuts and toga's...
One of the problems here is that every unhappy customer tells 10 people and every happy customer only tells a couple of people.
Call queuing has been an issue over recent months but they are recruiting like billyho to alleviate that issue so in no time this will be hunky dory.
A national Mobile Magaazine has just awarded them mobile network of the decade (weird in 2004 - but true) so network issues are minimal - guess you're very unlucky there.
To further support this Ofcom have just confirmed they have the best call completion rates of all time - beating any other UK network...
I have two mobiles with them - one for personal use and one for business and have absolutely no complaints whatsoever. had one or two problems when I was over in Gotham City recently in Bruce's batcave, but thats to be expected...
To summarise - before you go running off to my mates competitors consider this - in the words of little ozzy pop princess kylie minogue (be great if she wed Dean Kiely)... Better The Devil You Know.....
P
Old 07 December 2004, 01:14 PM
George W Bush
BANNED

Im sorry but from my perspective it is rubbish! Our company were with Orange before and they at least had someone to talk to if you did have a problem. My phone does not let me know I have voicemails, NO-ONE in O2 can tell me why, they just keep sending me new phones... A girl left our work and we let her keep her phone as a thank you, it took 3 months for them to change the billing details. Reception is crap, no-one can get through to anyone in work it usually goes straight to answer phone, or you're mid conversation and the signal just dissappears.

I think they stop spending millions on marketing and concentrate on speaking to their customers....

I wouldnt complain if they were trying, I know how hard it is to run a company smoothly but they really do take the p##s
Old 07 December 2004, 01:21 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

I was with O2 back in 2003. On the whole the network coverage and VFM was not too bad but the website was a joke. No paper invoices were sent so had to be downloaded from the net, which was a joke. Initially the username/password entry would just go around in circles. After this was ironed out it you got to check your bill in various stupid formats. The person who designed it should have been shot.