Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related
View Poll Results: Have you ever followed a hunt as they have been riding out, and your opinion please.
Yes, and I am opposed to hunting with dogs.
8.57%
No, and I am opposed to hunting with dogs
31.43%
Yes, and I would like hunting with dogs to continue.
20.00%
No, and I would like hunting with dogs to continue.
40.00%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Hunting with hounds...

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2004, 10:47 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hunting with hounds...

Just a quick poll, as I'm curious to know how people have arrived at their opinions.

And DO NOT post an opinion below unless you have voted.

PS OllyK you got your reply in before I edited this. But no more opinions unless you vote please.

Last edited by Reffro; 19 November 2004 at 10:59 AM.
Old 19 November 2004, 10:48 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

there is no poll?
Old 19 November 2004, 10:54 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

My Answer:
No, but I have been held up / blocked by it many times. I don't give a monkeys about hunting with dogs, I am just worried this government will eventually ban everything.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:05 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

As Olly says - I don't give a flying f*ck whether hunting actually does continue or not. If everyone simply decided that they couldn't be bothered to do it anymore, then fine. I just don't think the govt. should be making that choice on our behalf.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:12 AM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

I voted for it to continue with dogs.

I just don't think the govt. should be making that choice on our behalf.
As far as I knew the government weren't making the choice on our behalf as MPs have had a free vote on the issue. Could be argued that the Parliament Act shouldn't have been enforced to push the legislation through, but that's a different thread

I thought I even picked up somewhere that TB was personally in favour of hunting to continue. Also, they are an elected government and are supposed to do things on our behalf.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:21 AM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

huntin is cruel. no ifs no buts and its just a bunch of posh to$$ers with too much snobbery in their family to know different.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:44 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
I am just worried this government will eventually ban everything.
Absolutely! That is the crux of it unfortunately. The government want to make a fundemental change to our civil liberties. Instead of allowing anything unless expressly forbidden we are moving rapidly towards forbidding everything unless expressly permitted.

The former is freedom, the latter is not.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:48 AM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
Absolutely! That is the crux of it unfortunately. The government want to make a fundemental change to our civil liberties. Instead of allowing anything unless expressly forbidden we are moving rapidly towards forbidding everything unless expressly permitted.

how....hunting isnt like going for a bike ride or havin a beer in the pub. it aint a sport and is cruel. why the f*** should it be allowed.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:49 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it should be banned. Your closing statement gives the impression that you have a large chip on your shoulder about others who are better bred, speak differntly, have more money and move in a different social group.

If everything that someone doesn't like get's banned then this planet is going to become very borring.

Here's a short list of things that should be banned due to damage, death or things people don't agree with..

Drugs, smoking, alcohol, shooting, fuel buring vehicles, game shooting, commercial fishing, high fat foods, driving, war, high risk sports, animal experimentation - Look what happened, Wayne Rooney.

Ban all that and life becomes boring. Where do you stop banning things. There will always be people opposed to something in life. Why should the 'you can't do that brigade' win almost all the time?
Old 19 November 2004, 11:49 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
As far as I knew the government weren't making the choice on our behalf as MPs have had a free vote on the issue.
Fair point. I still don't think Parliament should be taking away our civil liberties.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:50 AM
Mice_Elf
Scooby Regular

I voted no and that I'm opposed to hunting with dogs. Especially of the fox farms used specifically to breed the foxes that are then released to be hunted.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:51 AM
Pastor
BANNED

I didn't follow the hunt but had the misfortune to come across some maniacs in a Range Rover, closely followed by some other lunatics in a Volvo and Land Rover. After they had nearly run us off the road, forcing their way through I decided to follow them and give them a piece of my mind.
We then reached a village where it became clear to me that this wasn't a gang of joyriders or some thieves on the run from the police but a hunt. We then watched the hunters jump someones fence at which point the elderly homeowner came out of the house screaming at them to get out of her garden.
I managed to get a word with one of the men on horseback, a plump red faced beery looking man who told me to "f*** off and mind my own business". He was full of bluster, sat as he was well above me on his horse and surrounded by his chums.

This is one of the reasons I'm against the hunting set, my own personal experience and that of my relatives. As far as the cruelty issue goes I have no feelings either way. My opinion is based purely on my perception of their attitude. It's also reinforced by their representatives I see in the media.
Bad losers or what? Poor sportsmen in my opinion.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:53 AM
kob999
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm

This is a very apocalyptic view. Not sure what civil liberties you are referring to that have been taken away.

OK hunting with hounds has been banned (subject to review)

Smoking will not be banned but may be subject to some restrictions.

This is hardly the "everything" that is being referred to

Last edited by kob999; 19 November 2004 at 12:06 PM.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:54 AM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i said chased the hunt but what i really meant was nearly collided head on with a **** in a 4x4 who was so desperate to see the chase he veered onto my side of the road and stopped in front of me and then leapt out of his 4x4. i had to emergency stop to avoid a head on collision. this was on a NSL B-Road.

oh and only votd anti hunt as i get p1ssed off with the hunters opposing arguments to keep hunting. one second they say we never catch any then next sentence "it is the most effective method of control".

b0ll0cks. just say you do it because you enjoy it and then i think a lot of neutrals wouldn't vote anti.
Old 19 November 2004, 11:55 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kob999
This is a very apocoleptic view.

eh?
Old 19 November 2004, 11:57 AM
kob999
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ProperCharlie
eh?
Spelling. Should read apocalyptic view
Old 19 November 2004, 12:00 PM
Pastor
BANNED

try again!

http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

sneaky edit there kob!
Old 19 November 2004, 12:14 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

kob999 - no opinion until you vote please.........
Old 19 November 2004, 12:15 PM
popeye
Scooby Regular

I assume this poll is to level the accusation at people that if you haven't been on a hunt, you have no right to an opinion on it.
I never attended an organised pit-bull fight either, but I was glad to see that banned. Same goes for hunting, as it's the same thing. People gathering to see an animal killed in the name of entertainment.

Here's to it's long overdue demise.
Old 19 November 2004, 12:23 PM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

No that's not the intention of the poll, I was just curious to see the divide of who's been to a hunt or not, and their views. Its just to see how people formed there opinion, not whether they have a right to it or not. Everyone has the right to their own opinion, I'll just reserve the right to disagree sometimes.
Old 19 November 2004, 12:24 PM
kob999
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Reffro
kob999 - no opinion until you vote please.........

I would vote but there is no category that fits my opinions.