Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

HPI RTR Nitro Rush Evo

Search this Thread

Old 11 November 2004, 12:13 AM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HPI RTR Nitro Rush Evo

Anybody got one of these considering buying one for a bit of fun 45Mph and of road lol anybody ?? And what price did you pay for it ?

Pongo555

P.S. I am in the Livingston area so anybody around got one or similair wanna race LOL ?
Old 11 November 2004, 12:17 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

if you want to race RC's you'd be better off going with a track car/Touring car

either ELectric or Nitro

My 1/10th electric wouldn't have much trouble shaking off a same scal nitro on a track.
Old 11 November 2004, 12:30 AM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Yes but just looking for something for a laugh really nothing serious matey thats why i was looking at Rush EVO looks LOADSA fun guy in my street got one would be cool just to go out with the two of the and terrorise the kids on the astro turf he he he !!!!

Pongo555
Old 11 November 2004, 12:50 AM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

take a look at www.rc10.com

just another make of car , I run an Electric TC3 in the Scottish champs
Old 11 November 2004, 12:53 AM
wah
Scooby Regular

Location: Stockport Cheshire Xbox Gamertag: Scooby WRX SMACS Member

I had the MT2 by HPI loved it but then bought the RTR3 Evo and sold the MT2 as the touring car was a better drive than the truck
Old 11 November 2004, 09:18 AM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Pongo, you have the perfect place for a nitro truck in your area, the old BMX track don'y get involved in racing 1/10 rc as it costs all most as much as the scoob to run, been there done that.

John.
Old 11 November 2004, 10:26 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

For something to have a bit of fun with the Rush is a good idea and a good starting point to get into RC. Its reasonably cheap so if you tire of it quickly it can be flogged off on the bay of E without much loss.

Whatever you do make sure you follow the break-in instruction carefully or you'll kill the engine. It should be factory set so don't play about with any of the settings on the engine. Seen so many people play with these settings and then realise it'll never start again!!

New to Scoob is right too. Once the RC racing bug gets you the money that can be spent is horrific!! I race 1/10 tourers during winter and 1/10 off road buggies and 1/8 rallycross during summer. Rallycross racing is balistic!
Old 11 November 2004, 04:37 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
Whatever you do make sure you follow the break-in instruction carefully or you'll kill the engine. It should be factory set so don't play about with any of the settings on the engine. Seen so many people play with these settings and then realise it'll never start again!!

New to Scoob is right too. Once the RC racing bug gets you the money that can be spent is horrific!! I race 1/10 tourers during winter and 1/10 off road buggies and 1/8 rallycross during summer. Rallycross racing is balistic!
As said don't touch the settings, follow the running in instructions and use decent quality fuel. The option parts you can get are bordering on the ridiculus full alloy everything carbon etc.... gets v. expensive

Edd, I hate to think of your seasons budget , used to race 1/10 tourers and buggies for fun, HPI RS3 PRO and a Losi XX4. Also bought a HPI micro for in the garage . Rallycross, had one a few years ago even though it had a basic spec engine in it (Enya) it was still mentally fast but a bit too noisy for the local park behind my folks house.

John.
Old 11 November 2004, 04:53 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

I only do club racing as I my location means that even my local club is an hour away which is plenty for me.

Buggies I run an Academy SB sport - great car and so cheap on parts it untrure. Car itself is cheap too so quite satisfying to whip cars twice as expensive and only using a 19T Super Stock motor

Rallycross - Ran a Thunder Tiger EB4 for a while but didn't really like the handling so it went. Might try next year with a Hyper 7 but the prep time and then the 2 hour clean up after every meet is a bit much - prefer to just turn up race and go home.

Tourers - Using the Academy tourer which is pretty good and again is cheap. Don't like tourers that much but I'll drive anything. Toying with a change to an XRay but haven't given the Academy enough of a chance to shine yet.

I've bought all the posh transmitters and chargers and cells etc but skill is 95% of it so I don't tend to buy the most expensive stuff anymore in the belief I will qualify higher becuase of it.

Good thing about it is becuase the club is an hour away and I'm on my own its the best time early on a Sunday morning to give the Scoob a sound thrashing!!!
Old 11 November 2004, 05:06 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Edd, I've never seen the Academy buggy, but I've been out of the scene for a few seasons now. I agree with what you say about the rallycross car the maintenance was massively time consuming, got fed up with mine after stripping the rear diff twice and the spur and couple of other things
I remember the Academy tourer, that car got a very good write up, the X-ray is a fantastic car, thought about buying one myself for a while, but ideally you need a decent bit of time to set it up properly. As you say skill is everything, I've seen people turn up at meetings with bootloads of stuff and don't know how to use it properly or set the car up properly or drive properly.
Have Fun

John.
Old 11 November 2004, 08:45 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Ok then guys next question is what type of fuel is the ''BEST'' for my Rush Evo and what % of nitro it takes anything from 10%-20% nitro what s best ?

Pongo555
Old 11 November 2004, 09:33 PM
New To Scoob
Scooby Regular

Go for the middle one, 16% IIRC, Blue Thunder is generally regarded as one of the best. 20% is more for the race boys gives a higher power output IIRC you can get 25%

John
Old 12 November 2004, 08:00 AM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Just bought one of these .... Did 20 mins last weekend trying to run it in, now its back at the menders having a new servo fitted and the 3WD turned back into 4WD again ...cant wait to get it back again tonight. Make sure you buy it from a model shop or at least someone who will fix it for you when it breaks, coz it will
Old 12 November 2004, 05:36 PM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Hey,
I got a HPI MT2, but the problem is, I don't get much time to take it out to play!! Great fun though, make sure you follow the running in guide as stated, but as for ""Dont touch the settings" thats blx. If you much it up, it's dead easy to reset the carb to standard, then tune from there. Go for it, but it can be very expensive, even running it for fun! My mate breaks his every time he takes it out!!!
Old 12 November 2004, 07:34 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

I got one of these a few months ago (px'd it for my nitro heli), only used it once but it blumin flies!, haven't really got anywhere to use it though so it just sits in my spare room.
Old 12 November 2004, 07:36 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Ony thing is you need to think where your gonna use it coz you need a LAAAARGE area . larger than you think for sure, When i bought mine the guy said it would do the length of a football pitch in about 4 seconds .yeah right i thought....Now i believe him for sure.
Old 12 November 2004, 08:52 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Pongo555
Anybody got one of these considering buying one for a bit of fun 45Mph and of road lol anybody ?? And what price did you pay for it ?

Pongo555

P.S. I am in the Livingston area so anybody around got one or similair wanna race LOL ?
what info on these...get your self over to www.rcuniverse.com it the dog bollocks for rc related stuff. thats how i found out about the 1/6 FG Marder Race that can do 50mph...no kidding! tho it did cost £700 quid but worth every penny...some pics...

Last edited by SC008Y_MAD; 12 November 2004 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12 November 2004, 08:54 PM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

plus in the video section... http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/RC_C...mid_265/tt.htm ... has lots of vids of these hpi things! have fun.
Old 13 November 2004, 04:33 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

So is there anybody in Lvingston got something similair for a wee bash about ???

Pongo555
Old 13 November 2004, 04:35 PM
Gutmann pug
Scooby Regular

Excellent fun ... got it back, now got 4wd ..... great fun for 30 mins or so then broke a wish bone back to the menders again
Old 14 November 2004, 12:18 AM
THE EAGLE
Scooby Newbie

hpi deffo good stuff... got a 1/8th petrol one ..loads of fun ..just keep on filling up .. got a 2 speed gearbox.. managed to kill a piston rod aswell as countless front wishbones
Old 14 November 2004, 07:59 PM
Pongo555
Scooby Regular

Gutmann are you running your car in the house lol what have you got RC wise ?

Pongo555
Old 15 November 2004, 09:43 PM
Lord Of The Bling...
Scooby Regular

Hi,

i`ve got a few nitro rc`s, got a hyper 7 1/8th scale buggy,

menace 21 1/10 truck, 3 speed 70mph insaine fun!

and a 1/6th scale 2 stroke marder buggy,

the HPI rush would be great to start off with, or a hyper 7 sport,

www.modelsport.co.uk

www.apexmodels.com

or a Hong Kong site, really good prices, get a lot more for your money...and quick delivery too..

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/