Hollywood help.

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 07:38 PM
wheeler_dealer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Hollywood help.

Hi everybody,
This new year i have booked a visit to Los Angeles to go over there fir the new year.

Can anybody recommend good places to see and do. Also where to go out, have a laugh a pull some women.

We will be staying in downtown LA. If this is no good we can soon get it rebooked and stay somewhere else.

Any ideas will be welcomed.

Cheers,
W_D
Old 08 November 2004, 09:41 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Be careful what you mean by Downtown LA. When I was there, Downtown was a slum full of gang members. My mate thought he knew where he was going, got us lost and we ended up downtown. Very scary!

If you are interested in seeing the stars on the pavement, be prepared for the fact that the street these stars are on is in a fairly grotty area.

Venice beach has a open sewer running across it. Still worth going though for the guy that juggles a chainsaw, bowling ball and an egg. Don't expect to see any Pamela Andersons either.

Also worth going to, is Universal Studios. Get there as early as you can to avoid queues on the most popular rides. Don't bother with the ride that Jaws is on, it's rubbish.

I stayed on a hotel near Venice Beach which was pleasant enough and seemed faily close to everything we wanted to see.

Lastly, take a Spanish phrase book.
Old 08 November 2004, 10:35 PM
Vegescoob
Scooby Regular

Universal good although went years ago. 3 yrs ago stayed in hotel opp Chinese Theatre. Wasn't too bad. Took trip round LA and stars' homes and up into hills. Bit touristy but ok. Went to Guggenheim art gallery, not my sort of art but fabulous building. Don't know about women was with my wife.