Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Feckin chip & Pin!

Search this Thread

Old 08 November 2004, 03:54 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Feckin chip & Pin!

I just cant believe that people these days dont carry a penny on them.

I was in our local shop last night (for local people ) and the two people in front of me both paid by these new chip and pin card thingies. The stupid thing was that the first girl bought a few chocolate bars and a paper, the second girl bought a bottle of milk and a loaf of bread FFS

The queue by this time had gone from 4 people to 8 because these lazy ******* just cant be @rsed to get off their lazy fat @rses to get money out of a cash machine (situated in the shop) or be bothered to carry a fiver around with them

Then today i'm stood in the express queue with my chicken sarnie and the fat fcukin ugly munter in front of me pays for her weight watchers tuna and sweetcorn sarnie with a fcukin card................................. Grand total.......................................... £1.27

Shouldn't there be a minimum spend on these bleedin things or is it a sad sorry fact that people just dont carry a fiver around with them any more.

Then again, they were all women, does that have anything to do with it
Old 08 November 2004, 03:59 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Be thankfull you haven't got stuck behind me yet then. i pay for everything with my card and my 'chip' doesn't work properly so every time turns into a fiasco of resetting the machine to allow for a swipe and sign

It pisses me off no end but I manage to make the shopkeeper feel guilty every time.
Old 08 November 2004, 04:11 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

MONEY COSTS MONEY!!

Also coins smell like crap.

I like chip and pin.
Old 08 November 2004, 04:11 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Some shops do have a minimum spend although its not written in stone. I used to work a loooooong time ago in Menzies and some dozy fuc*tard tried to buy 2 chocolate bars on a credit card. The stare was enough to tell him to f off and die He then had the humiliation of putting the choccy back on the shelf
Old 08 November 2004, 04:13 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

Always pay by card why should i have to use a cash till, so many want to charge you these days
Old 08 November 2004, 04:14 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

From what i've seen, chip and pin can be a pretty quick process if the operator knows what they're doing.

Maybe it will just take time for the assistants to become more accustomed to using these machines?
Old 08 November 2004, 04:14 PM
S.B.
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Stueyb
Some shops do have a minimum spend although its not written in stone. I used to work a loooooong time ago in Menzies and some dozy fuc*tard tried to buy 2 chocolate bars on a credit card. The stare was enough to tell him to f off and die He then had the humiliation of putting the choccy back on the shelf
Chocolate would have been left at the till if it was me
Old 08 November 2004, 04:17 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Thing is, this was when chocolate was about 25p a go and to put 50p on a credit card !! Transaction fee was probabily 10p !
Old 08 November 2004, 04:20 PM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Another little funny thing also. My G/f used to work in a shell garage and the chavs used to come in "Do ya take electon mate" even though its pretty obvious which sex she is and it had a big sign saying "Sorry No Electron".
Old 08 November 2004, 04:21 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

nowt wrong with it, just as quick as searching through your pockets, counting out your change, oops I dont have the right amount, heres a pound, then the assistant has too **** about with change etc.... plus, why should we get £10 out of a machine that wants to charge us an extra £1.50 on top so I can buy a paper and a chocolate bar for £1.27? then I have the best part of £9 in my pocket which I'll squader down the pub or Id end up spending more money on stuff I dont need thus wasting money.

u need to get some patience
Old 08 November 2004, 04:22 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Am i getting this right, you are all happy to pay for your £1.27 sarnies each day by using a card WTF!

I haven't got a problem if peeps pay for their shopping or whatever and its over lets say £20.00 but FFS £1.27 people need to get a grip, standing around for 5 minutes trying to put the feckin thing in the right way up and then trying to key in one of the twenty different pins from your other cards.

What i'm trying to say is, that i know for a fact the fat bint goes and gets the same feckin lunch every day (coz you cant miss her). Wouldn't you think she'd be able to hold £6.25 in her purse for the week instead of abusing a system by making things an even longer process
Old 08 November 2004, 04:24 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hardly carry any cash with me, so it all goes on my Switch card.

Who cares if I hold you up for 5 mins
Old 08 November 2004, 04:27 PM
kelvin
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Buzzer
I haven't got a problem if peeps pay for their shopping or whatever and its over lets say £20.00 but FFS £1.27 people need to get a grip, standing around for 5 minutes trying to put the feckin thing in the right way up and then trying to key in one of the twenty different pins from your other cards.
Judging by some of the responses on here it seems like it's not "other peeps" that need to get a grip I use cash as little as possible - far safer and far easier IMO

K.
Old 08 November 2004, 04:32 PM
minor_threat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Buzzer
I just cant believe that people these days dont carry a penny on them.

I was in our local shop last night (for local people ) and the two people in front of me both paid by these new chip and pin card thingies. The stupid thing was that the first girl bought a few chocolate bars and a paper, the second girl bought a bottle of milk and a loaf of bread FFS

The queue by this time had gone from 4 people to 8 because these lazy ******* just cant be @rsed to get off their lazy fat @rses to get money out of a cash machine (situated in the shop) or be bothered to carry a fiver around with them

Then today i'm stood in the express queue with my chicken sarnie and the fat fcukin ugly munter in front of me pays for her weight watchers tuna and sweetcorn sarnie with a fcukin card................................. Grand total.......................................... £1.27

Shouldn't there be a minimum spend on these bleedin things or is it a sad sorry fact that people just dont carry a fiver around with them any more.

Then again, they were all women, does that have anything to do with it
But you're a squillionaire, of course you carry loads of money about with you!

In my local village (for local people) there is a cashpoint machine in the post office. It's a most curious device, you put your card in, dial your PIN and then the machine blurts out loads of modem noises from the back whilst it contacts the bank to find out your shoe size or something. Then you ask it for money, and it blurts a load more modem noises out the back and takes frigging ages (minutes not seconds) to 'have a think' about whether it wants to give you some money. Oh, and then it asks if it's ok to charge you £1.75 for the privilege of standing in front of the moronic device looking like a ***** for five minutes, and if you desperately want money you agree, so it then blurts out a load more modem noises whilst it contacts the bank to verify it is actually okay to spit some cash at you.

Therefore, it's far easier to buy your Galaxy Ripple using your debit card via chip and pin than have to deal with the stupid bloody cash machine and endure the full 5-minute stare of chipmunk features behind the counter.

Of course, if you were stood behind me it'd be different. "Hello Buzzer, buying your Mars Delight with cash?" "Yes of course I am!" "Well, why don't you just pop in front of me then my dear, I'm paying with chip and pin - don't want to frustrate you any more." "Thanks, you're so so kind and fab."

Last edited by minor_threat; 08 November 2004 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08 November 2004, 04:38 PM
Scooby-Doo
Scooby Regular

I use my CC for everything however large or small. When you get 2% cashback on all purchases it makes sense as it certainly adds up each month but then again I'm a tight Scrooge.

Merry Xmas
Old 08 November 2004, 04:42 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Please don't send them to the cash point! They will just end up adding to the huge queue of annoying students, all waiting to withdraw £10 or check their balance.... again!

Yes it still says 3 grand overdrawn now get the f*ck out of my way!
Old 08 November 2004, 04:43 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Chav scum have to pay for all their sundries by credit card because they have no money. You can't get cash with a credit card so *everything*, right down to the smallest item has to go on the CC. I bet they don't pay it off each month either so they probably end up paying interest on their choclate milk and **** etc.

Feckin losers....

UB
Old 08 November 2004, 04:47 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

When you get 2% cashback
With which card can you get 2%?
Old 08 November 2004, 04:49 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

American Express, for one.
Old 08 November 2004, 04:52 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
American Express, for one.
Well they must screw the retailer over or get their money elsewhere because most large retailers pay less than 2% commission when accepting visa/mastercard.
Old 08 November 2004, 04:53 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

That's true. And the reason why many retailers don't accept American Express. But it's worth using if/when you do find one that does...
Old 08 November 2004, 04:55 PM
theotherphil
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I use my Debit Card for everything...from the smallest purchase up to the largest. I am just a lazy git and can't be arsed standing in a queue to get cash out of a machine (and be charged for the privilege) or actually finding a machine with cash in it!. I also find it easier to carry being much smaller than a pocket full of shrapnel. I also find it really funny to hold up people in a queue, who are obviously in a hurry, with my 30p purchase for a packet of gum
Old 08 November 2004, 05:00 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

I try to speed up my purchases in Tescos by wearing a neon sign on my chest which says: 'NO, I DON'T HAVE A BLOODY CLUBCARD'
Old 08 November 2004, 05:00 PM
C
Scooby Regular

I use my cards for everything.

Change is bloody annoying & takes just as long to transact, (assuming the card user knows how to chip & pin).

I hardly ever have cash, it's a pain in the **** to get it, & you end up with pockets full of change.

I can see cash being made redundant soon!
Old 08 November 2004, 05:03 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

I used to feel guilty about paying for things less than £5 with my debit card but tbh I got absolutely fecking sick of handing over a £10 note only to be given over 8 quids worth of fecking sh1tty shrapnel back and a "Sorry no fivers" shrug of the shoulders from the dimwitted cashier!!!!

So its debit card every time!!!!!!

Bring on the cashless soceity! Its only pikeys and pensioners that carry cash these days anyway! Get a fecking bank account ffs!
Old 08 November 2004, 05:05 PM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Amex tend to charge around 5% per transaction to small businesses. Prolly a lot different for supermarkets, etc, i guess. Of course Supermarkets are quite keen for you to use cards as i belive the banks charge them a lot for handling cash, hence how all the 'cash back' with cards started.

As for chip and PIN, the thing that really gets on my nerves is that at least 50% of bods don't know/ can't remember their PINs. It's only a 4 digit number FFS!
Old 08 November 2004, 05:09 PM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Get a fecking bank account ffs!

I remember trying to get a bank account when i was 18, they wanted either a driving licence or a passport as id before they would open an account for you. I had neither....
Old 08 November 2004, 05:13 PM
Buzzer
Scooby Regular

Its only pikeys and pensioners that carry cash these days anyway! Get a fecking bank account ffs!
Is this directed at me?
Old 08 November 2004, 05:15 PM
speedking
Scooby Regular

Cash means that your movements and buying habits are not traceable

First time you use the card you get cashback of £20. Problem solved.

It's only one 4 digit number if you've only got one card. I carry 2 x debit cards plus credit card. Plus car park and Office PINs that are not changeable, plus 100 passwords etc. My brain only has a finite capacity.
Old 08 November 2004, 05:21 PM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

And i remember about 10,000 9 digit part numbers, i still can't see a problem with remembering 'alf a dozen 4 digit PIN numbers....

Quick Reply: Feckin chip & Pin!