Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Sky Stystem Problem - How to get a new one Free?

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2004, 12:10 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Sky Stystem Problem - How to get a new one Free?

Our sky digital box/dish has started playing up (Sticks all the time & switches itself off if you flick up/down). It's just out of warranty!
Anyway, as I'm paying £41 per month for something I can't watch properly I need it sorting. Options as I see it are to:
a) Cancel subscription, let it lapse a couple of months then re-sign up & get a new set of equipment!
b) Take out the sky equipment cover at £79 per year, wait a bit & claim to get it fixed!

Obviously a is cheaper than b (If it works!) Any other options I haven't thought of ??? (Other than taking it to be fixed & getting ripped off...."Oooh it needs a new sprocket flange at £100 & labour" all said whilst sucking through teeth).
Steve
Ps, yes I am tight!
Old 07 November 2004, 12:15 PM
richiewong
Twatful

If you've been with them for the minimum contract period, ring to say you're going to cancel.
My boss did this and got a free upgrade to Sky+ just paid for installation
Old 07 November 2004, 12:17 PM
class_A
Scooby Regular

What model is your Digibox? It could just be a power supply problem. Maybe pop it into your local independent sat. shop and see if they can repair it.

The £79 for the Sky warranty is approaching the cost of a second hand box. Do you really want to hand over more cash to Sky?
Old 07 November 2004, 12:18 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

I am having Sky+ Fitted next monday(15th)
I will have a Sky Digital (sony) Box for sale !
Old 07 November 2004, 12:30 PM
STEVECHAPS
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by class_A
What model is your Digibox? It could just be a power supply problem. Maybe pop it into your local independent sat. shop and see if they can repair it.

The £79 for the Sky warranty is approaching the cost of a second hand box. Do you really want to hand over more cash to Sky?
Box is a Grundig. Sticking problem seems to be worse in the rain so could it be the dish?
& no I don't want to give any more to Sky, it's scandalous as 'tis.
Old 07 November 2004, 04:37 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STEVECHAPS
Our sky digital box/dish has started playing up (Sticks all the time & switches itself off if you flick up/down). It's just out of warranty!
Anyway, as I'm paying £41 per month for something I can't watch properly I need it sorting. Options as I see it are to:
a) Cancel subscription, let it lapse a couple of months then re-sign up & get a new set of equipment!
b) Take out the sky equipment cover at £79 per year, wait a bit & claim to get it fixed!

Obviously a is cheaper than b (If it works!) Any other options I haven't thought of ??? (Other than taking it to be fixed & getting ripped off...."Oooh it needs a new sprocket flange at £100 & labour" all said whilst sucking through teeth).
Steve
Ps, yes I am tight!
When my picture started "sticking" I phoned Sky and was told to disconnect mains power to the Sky box and disconnect the aerial for one minute before putting back the way it was. Worked for me unless you have already tried this and you have a bigger problem.