Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The Killers - Hot Fuss !

Search this Thread

Old 01 November 2004, 07:13 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question The Killers - Hot Fuss !

I know this album was debated a while ago here, but after hearing numerous recommendations from people whose 'musical tastes' I loosely share, I bought this album last week....

With the exception of Somebody Told Me and All These Things That I've Done it seems to be utter pants

I've given it 5 or 6 full listens, but it just ain't hitting the spot and the guy's voice is doing my nut in

I asked the last person who recommened it, if he thought it was a better album than Jet - Get Born or Razorlight - Up all Night.....and he reckoned it walked over them....

I disagree

Anybody ?
Old 01 November 2004, 07:20 PM
djuk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie
I know this album was debated a while ago here, but after hearing numerous recommendations from people whose 'musical tastes' I loosely share, I bought this album last week....

With the exception of Somebody Told Me and All These Things That I've Done it seems to be utter pants

I've given it 5 or 6 full listens, but it just ain't hitting the spot and the guy's voice is doing my nut in

I asked the last person who recommened it, if he thought it was a better album than Jet - Get Born or Razorlight - Up all Night.....and he reckoned it walked over them....

I disagree

Anybody ?
Been a while since I have listened to this one but as far as I remember the first 4 or 5 tracks were worth a listen and went badly downhill after that
Old 01 November 2004, 07:25 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

as I remember the first 4 or 5 tracks were worth a listen and went badly downhill after that
The 2 tracks I mentioned are no's 4 & 5 so maybe I ain't the only one on the planet that....

doesn't appreciate it's finer points ........
....what the dude at work said today when I told him I reckoned it was a bit pish
Old 01 November 2004, 07:33 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

I realy liked it, I found Razorlight to be a bit whiney in places and a tad pretentious and couldn't really get into the Jet album (sounded like a bad Oasis rip-off to me). I actually bought those three albums at the same time, along with the Prodigy one (utter cack) and the Beastie Boys To the 5 Boroughs (quality). Overall, it's a good album but not one I play all the time or can see me playing for ever.
Old 01 November 2004, 08:50 PM
andym172
Scooby Regular

That, along with Interpol's 'Antics' album, hasn't been out out for cd player for the last few weeks.

Cracking album IMHO
Old 01 November 2004, 08:50 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

couldn't really get into the Jet album (sounded like a bad Oasis rip-off to me).
Agreed....they've blatantly ripped off Oasis, Iggy Pop, The Stones, AC/DC and almost every song has a strong and obvious influence to it .......

but

...most of the tracks grew on me (Timothy excluded), just can't see the Killers doing the same....

Razorlight dragged a good few of their songs on for too long and it's by no means a classic but I still rate it above Hot Fuss...