Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Returning faulty goods

Search this Thread

Old 22 October 2004, 02:43 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Returning faulty goods

I went into halfrauds today to get a refund on some iffy windscreen wipers I purchased from them (Bosch).

The near side wiper actually came off today and I retreived it and got into the garage where I bought them and where the bloke fitted them for £2. Was told I needed a receipt to return any goods as "anybody could walk in off the street and want a refund".

After returning home and getting the receipt I was then told I couldnt have my money back as I purchased the wipers over 28 days ago. (ive had them since September)

I challanged the till jockey saying i though I was entitled to a full refund as the goods were faulty despite anything that they deem to stick on the walls explaining company policy.

Upon receiving replacement wipers sans packaging, as apparently they need the packaging as well, I offer up the new replacement and see that it appears *too long* like the last one. Ive had to put the old one back on as it seems a better fit and doesnt rub on the trim next to the window like the last one.

So, do i need a receipt in the first place and am i entitled to a full refund?
Old 22 October 2004, 02:56 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would imagine you'd need proof of purchase at the very least. I'd phone consumer advice on the refund question.
Old 22 October 2004, 02:58 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
IThe near side wiper actually came off today and I retreived it and got into the garage where I bought them and where the bloke fitted them for £2.
you paid a bloke £2 to fit em my god man thats just down right lazzzeeee

After returning home and getting the receipt I was then told I couldnt have my money back as I purchased the wipers over 28 days ago. (ive had them since September)
it took u 28 days to fiqure out the were crap

So, do i need a receipt in the first place and am i entitled to a full refund?
In most circumstances yes you do, cos its stops fraudsters and i think if u check with C.A.B. u only have a certain number of days to return a product for a full refund, but in ur case it seems they supplied and fitted the wrong blade so i would have thought u should be entitled to a full refund and ur £2 back but why did it take u more than 28 days to figure it out
Old 22 October 2004, 03:08 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dazza01
but why did it take u more than 28 days to figure it out
Hello

Perhaps it wasn't raining ....

Steve.
Old 22 October 2004, 03:37 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Smile

Originally Posted by Dazza01
you paid a bloke £2 to fit em my god man thats just down right lazzzeeee
Spent about 20 mins trying to figure it out with help of engineer mate, couldnt figure it and didnt want to damage anything, and instructions not worth a w@nk (2 advanced Mensa type small diagrams). So invested in a mere £2 and saw how it was done, it's a piece of pi55 when you know how. Can do it blindfolded now.

it took u 28 days to fiqure out the were crap
Haven't driven the car at all much lately as I have 2 cars, and it hadn't been raining when I have driven it

Seems that the sizes for the near side wipers are all wrong. This despite both sets of wipers being chosen by the *informed* shop assistant.

Anybody else bought wipers from Halfrauds for a classic Impreza?
Old 22 October 2004, 04:59 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

A bank or credit card statement showing the transaction counts as proof of purchase, the shop might not like it but it's tough $hit on them.

Goods must be of saleable quality, not sure what the time scale is but 1-2 months is definately in unless it's something like a loaf of bread. It's no skin off the shops nose anyway, they just send faulty stuff back to the manufacturor and get credited the money back themselves. Maybe speak to the CAB to get the official line.

BTW Halfrauds charge twice as much for a set of Bosch wiper blades as a normal motor factors does, in Swindon anyway. Speak to the store manager, get your money back, then order a set of PIAAs from somewhere like www.asperformance.com (no i don't work there!).

You know it makes sense.
Old 22 October 2004, 05:05 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Seems that the sizes for the near side wipers are all wrong. This despite both sets of wipers being chosen by the *informed* shop assistant.

Not recently from Halfrauds, but info from the PIAA website:

IMPREZA 08/92 - 03, drivers side size 11 (21"), passenger side size 7 (18"), rear size 4 (15").
IMPREZA 03 - on, drivers side size 12 (22"), passenger side size 6 (17"), rear size 4 (15").

HTH

Iwan

Trending Topics

Old 22 October 2004, 05:25 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

If the exchange period is 28 days then over that you can only get a replacement for faulty goods,not money back.
Old 22 October 2004, 05:27 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Hmm good point, maybe he could ask the manager for a refund as a goodwill gesture due to being pi$$ed around about incorrect sizes etc.
Old 22 October 2004, 05:40 PM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Smile

Spent about 20 mins trying to figure it out with help of engineer mate, couldnt figure it and didnt want to damage anything, and instructions not worth a w@nk (2 advanced Mensa type small diagrams). So invested in a mere £2 and saw how it was done, it's a piece of pi55 when you know how. Can do it blindfolded now.

Haven't driven the car at all much lately as I have 2 cars, and it hadn't been raining when I have driven it

He-he.

It's one of the little things that get me through work everyday, watching peeps spend 15 minutes trying to fit wiper blades then going out and saying "Do you want a hand?" then fitting them in a matter of seconds with a coupl eof clicks.

Just checked me Bosch blade book, on a classic the driver side should be a 21" spoiler blade and the near side a 18" spoiler blade.
Old 22 October 2004, 05:46 PM
muppet paster
Scooby Regular

Smile

Goods must be of saleable quality,

I think they've changed the wording of that because it could be argued that nobody would buy something of 'unsaleable quality' in the first place.

It now states that goods should be of reasonable quality and fit for the purpose.

If you've fitted it even though it's the wrong size, you've accepted that it's fit for the purpose.