Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

C.C.J advise....

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2004, 08:09 PM
Clart
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question C.C.J advise....

Got issued with a C.C.J last week, supposed to pay £30 a week but what will happen if I decided not to pay?
Old 18 October 2004, 08:15 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

You'd be hit with further action, which would degrade your already bashed credit rating and a possible visit from a freindly bailiff.

Not wise to ignore the ccj
Old 18 October 2004, 08:17 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

say good bye to all credit in the future!

you have 30 days, if you pay it now, you wont have a ccj on your credit rating.

believe me mate, if you can pay it, get it paid, you will be surprised what a difference it will make to your life in the future!! you wont be able to get a mortgage at a decent rate, you wont get a credit card for the next 6 years (if you carry on paying rather than pay it now)

You wont get a loan for the next 6 years, unless for the same reason above, you might get a loan from black horse, @ 30% apr or more!

seriously mate pay it now!!!

jamo

if you decide not to pay it it will show on your credit file as a ccj unsatisfied, and I think you may get taken to court for non payment.
Old 18 October 2004, 08:26 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

I know you don't want to hear this but avoid a CCJ at all costs.

I didn't pay my CC bills when I was a reckless student and I am still paying the price. I have my experian credit report here and whilst I'm only blacklisted all my debts are now satisfied, I cannot get a loan or another CC for another 3 years. All entries stay on a credit report for 6 or more years form date of default. I'm looking at 2007 before I'm clean again.

You will also fail a credit check for anything no matter how tiny, hell I even failed 1 for a job I went for.
Old 18 October 2004, 08:28 PM
Clart
Scooby Regular

Angry

So if I pay the £30 every week will I still be able to hold a respectable credit rating?
Old 18 October 2004, 08:43 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

Sorry, but if you already have the CCJ and it sounds like you have, your credit rating has gone south. Now your on damage limitation. Pay it to avaid any further action against you.

Best thing would to go see the CAB or Financial adviser. Also get a copy of your credit report from Experian. www experian.co.uk
Old 18 October 2004, 08:47 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by Simon C
Sorry, but if you already have the CCJ and it sounds like you have, your credit rating has gone south. Now your on damage limitation. Pay it to avaid any further action against you.

Best thing would to go see the CAB or Financial adviser. Also get a copy of your credit report from Experian. www experian.co.uk
you can still actually get out of it!!

if you read the small print, you will see that if you pay the full amount of the ccj, IT WILL NOT EFFECT YOUR CREDIT!!!

if you carry on paying the £30 a week it will alter your credit, and you will not be able to get credit! that includes mobile phones!

even car insurance has a credit searc nowadays!! think about it!

jamo
Old 18 October 2004, 08:48 PM
Simon C
Scooby Regular

I'vw always tried to avoid CCJ's when threatened with them.
Old 18 October 2004, 08:53 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I you've been ordered to pay £30 per week then your rating's fooked.

Judgement's already been made.

There are ways to have them removed, but I don't know much about that. My cousin had to have some removed to get a mortgage but she got it sorted for not much dosh.
Old 18 October 2004, 08:55 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

seriously if you pay the whole amount within 30 days of the judgement it will NOT effect your credit, I took a phone company to court for a wrongful ccj against me, I won, but If I had lost I knew that I could pay up and it wouldnt effect me.

jamo
Old 18 October 2004, 08:56 PM
Clart
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
I you've been ordered to pay £30 per week then your rating's fooked.

Judgement's already been made.

There are ways to have them removed, but I don't know much about that. My cousin had to have some removed to get a mortgage but she got it sorted for not much dosh.

Tell me more............
Old 18 October 2004, 09:01 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4mou
seriously if you pay the whole amount within 30 days of the judgement it will NOT effect your credit, I took a phone company to court for a wrongful ccj against me, I won, but If I had lost I knew that I could pay up and it wouldnt effect me.

jamo

^ is different. They were wrongful, therefore not there due to your inability to pay, etc.

As I said, I'm not sure how she had them removed but I do know there are agencies/financial advisors that can sort CCJs out for you and have them removed of hidden from main records.

My Cousin's were removed/hidden about 5 years ago when they were still in force and she got her mortgage from one of the big banks. So, unless the law's changed with regard to CCJs you will be able to get help. Possibly after some sort of qualifying period.

Get expert help........
Old 18 October 2004, 09:05 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

if you have a ccj put against you under any circumstance, you can still get out of it, so it will not effect you, but you need to pay it in full within the 30 days.

I will try and find where I found it from.

jamo
Old 18 October 2004, 09:08 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

this is from the experian website!

Originally Posted by experian
Make sure any county court judgment (CCJ) information on your report is correct
An outstanding judgment against you on your credit report will lower the likelihood that you'll be granted additional credit or loans. Make sure that if you paid a CCJ your report reflects this. If you paid a judgment within one month then it should not appear on your report at all. Click here for complete information about CCJs, including how to correct or remove them from your report
found here:

http://www.experian.co.uk/consumer/index.html

all the best jamo.
Old 18 October 2004, 09:11 PM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Yes, mate. Best of luck.

Make sure you get some proper advice as these CCJ things can seriously do your future harm.
Old 18 October 2004, 09:15 PM
KiwiGTI
Scooby Regular

Pay it or borrow money to pay it, otherwise you'll have a miserable next 6 years. Do you really want to buy your next car from 'Yes" car credit.

CCJ's can't be hidden or removed contrary to popular belief. (People who get them removed either lie or get them removed on technicalities)
Old 18 October 2004, 09:28 PM
Clart
Scooby Regular

Question

So what if I were to pay the full ammount off within a year? Would I still find it difficult to get rid of my ccj???
Old 18 October 2004, 09:42 PM
midget1500
Scooby Regular

sounds like you'd be best to take out a loan now to pay it off. at least you'll keep your credit rating (if it's worth keeping to you...)
Old 18 October 2004, 09:45 PM
deano
Scooby Regular

Don't worry mate... There's always Ocean Finance
Old 18 October 2004, 09:45 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Originally Posted by Clart
So what if I were to pay the full ammount off within a year? Would I still find it difficult to get rid of my ccj???
mate

if you pay it off within 30 days you will be fine.

if you pay it after this time even just a week later your stuck with it for 6 years!!!

even then, some people may ask you to prove that the ccj has been satisfied!

jamo
Old 18 October 2004, 09:46 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

actually there is one other way you can get out of it.

you could change your name by depoll (sp)

that works.

jamo
Old 18 October 2004, 09:58 PM
Clart
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by midget1500
sounds like you'd be best to take out a loan now to pay it off. at least you'll keep your credit rating (if it's worth keeping to you...)

**** it then!!! If I don't pay it six years time my slate is wiped clean? It's not what I want to happen but I don't agree with what has been lumbered against me..... It's all rubish don't wanna talk about it too much cos I got well mugged in all of this! Just want an easy and fair way out of all this ****.....
Old 18 October 2004, 10:18 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

id just pay it now if you can mate,even after the 6 years, its not that great a time! take my word for it!

in heinsite I would have paid straight away.

if in the next 6 years you want to do anything that involves paying by direct debit for something or it involves credit you can pretty much guarentee you wont have access.

james
Old 18 October 2004, 10:18 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

**** it then!!! If I don't pay it six years time my slate is wiped clean? It's not what I want to happen but I don't agree with what has been lumbered against me..... It's all rubish don't wanna talk about it too much cos I got well mugged in all of this! Just want an easy and fair way out of all this ****.....
NO you will get taken to court for default. if found guilty, you will get a court order forcing you to pay.... and a criminal record to boot, which you must declare when asked. and believe me that will really **** up any insurance you go for.

fail to pay again and its an arrest et al...

and no your slate may not be wiped clean... if they think there is a reasonable chance of getting the money, your fair game...

seems like you havnt grown out of your wild reckless student days..

Ahh the blindness of youth!!

Mart
Old 19 October 2004, 12:18 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Further to the previous advice, whatever you do, when you have paid in full (and I strongly recommend you pay in full immediately), get a Certificate of Satisfaction of a CCJ. You will not be offered one and the lazy good for nothing jobsworth at the CC will make it seem like a huge inconvenience. Ignore said jobsworth and insist on this certificate. Your credit rating will still be affected, but a copy of the cert with any credit application will help immensely.

I got a CCJ in my late teens. The ironic thing was, it was my parents who were affected rather than me, as I left home shortly after paying off the CCJ. They couldn't even get a catalogue for 6 years! I was, er, "creative" when asked about my previous address...
Old 19 October 2004, 12:54 AM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

The CCJ will be on your record until 6 years after it has been cleared. If you clear it within 30 days it does not get registered with J&FO and therefore does not get passed to experian. If you decide not to pay, you are in for all manner of strife. Ultimately the enforcements officer will request that it is taken from your salary or your benefits if you do not work.

(That said, with 1 CCJ you can still get a mortgage from some major lenders - you will find it very very difficult to get any unsecured lending)
Old 19 October 2004, 01:02 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by deano
Don't worry mate... There's always Ocean Finance

And you can treat yourself to a holiday or a new car too!
Old 19 October 2004, 08:16 AM
fitzscoob
Scooby Regular

If you fail to pay then one morning you will get a knock on the door and the bailifs will be ready to empty your property for what they feel is the value of your debt.

Everyones already told you the best option mate, get it paid and move on.
Old 19 October 2004, 09:21 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

No, your slate is not wiped clean, because you still owe the money. At the moment, the court has judged that you owe an amount, and the company you owe it to will try to recover. After a while, they'll give it up, and sell the debt on to a firm of debt recovery agents, who will make it their business to collect. Having worked in this line a decade ago, believe me when I say that you really don't want this. And I was one of the nicer guys, working for a respectable company - there are lot who are way less scrupulous.

If you have the CCJ but pay it off, then eventually it will be wiped off your record. If you don't, it will hang around you for a long time and make your life a misery.