Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

anyone who has had their laser jammer tested.

Search this Thread

Old 18 October 2004, 11:01 AM
pbee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone who has had their laser jammer tested.

I know there is a few people who had their LRC100's tested and they where found faulty.

What where the results of these faulty units ?.

My jammer "fired" and bleeped and flashed over the weekend at a talivan but im still unsure whether it is working.

Did anyone have their unit alarm but not actually jam the laser device ?. or did the faulty unit just not do anything.
Old 18 October 2004, 11:34 AM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

I would refer you to post #22 in this thread to highlight the way the government wants things to go in relation to these devices:

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthrea...0&page=2&pp=20

This may be the exception rather than the rule at the minute but as the government and DfT drive to ban detectors hots up I expect we will see more action along these lines.
Old 18 October 2004, 11:55 AM
Nevetas
Scooby Regular

Never a good thing
Old 18 October 2004, 12:44 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

HedgeHog

I know you are only trying to help, but there is a lot of hype about laser jammers.

I have seeked legal advice from a solicitor and I have spoken to in person a traffic sergeant about laser jammers.

At the moment it is not illegal to transmit light, it never will be. The only possible law breaking is perverting the course of justice which you can only be prosecuted for if is you admit the purpuse of the device is to jam a laser speed measuring device.

Until specific laws are brought inplace it is a dangerous grey area but in my opinion not as dangerous as speeding and being caught. As the law has not been cleared up in this matter and the devices have not been classed as illegal is anyone 100% sure they are knowingly perverting the course of justice. Until a test case is brought forward or a specific law is brought in place, at the moment it is pretty safe to use laser jammers.

I read pepipoo and I post there. I followed the girlfriend case and as you probably know the laser jammer was returned to the owner and the case dropped. I presume the police constable approached the CPS and they dropped it like a hot potatoe. If they tried to prosecute this women and lost it would create a whole world of pain for the police. At the moment they will let the small minority of jammer users fly until a point in time when something is done.

some advice for jammer owners if you are approached by the police investigating your "garage door opener", you have a right to silence use it. Do not admit you know it jams speed guns, when they do become 100% illegal remove it from your car. Until that point be aware of the facts not the scaremongering.

I bet anyone that when a case is brought forward the manufactueurers of "garage door openers" will fight the corner with all their might, and they have good reason. The only reason they didnt with the guy in wales is that he pleaded guilty.
Old 18 October 2004, 02:06 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

anyone who had a faulty lrc 100, like to comment on the test results ?
Old 18 October 2004, 02:13 PM
akshay67
Scooby Regular

What if they ask to see you open your garage door (which in most cases wouldn't exist)?
Old 18 October 2004, 02:32 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

right to silence use it. they have to prove remeber the more you say the more you incriminate yourself.
Old 19 October 2004, 01:12 PM
pbee
Scooby Regular

anybody who had a faulty lrc100 like to comment