Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

David Coulthard museum

Search this Thread

Old 12 October 2004, 02:09 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default David Coulthard museum

Just in case anyone's interested I went to David Coulthard's Museum in Twynholm Scotland the other week
If your in Scotland its well worth a visit its only a small place but there's loads of trophies photos race suits and a couple of F1 cars in there along side some of DC's other racing cars.....

Then there's the PitStop dinner joined on to the museum that's also well worth a visit

I've put some photos on my website http://www.performance-zone.co.uk/Im...eum/index.html
Old 12 October 2004, 02:24 PM
JimmyRB5PRO
Scooby Regular

Talking

no doubt he'll be add more to it next year and actually spend some time in it if he doesn't sort out a drive soon, come on DC get yourself a motor for next year !!
Old 12 October 2004, 02:38 PM
Jasoon
Scooby Regular

I hope he dose get a drive for next year
Old 12 October 2004, 02:48 PM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

IMHO Coulthard is a useless git who should move over and let somebody with real ability and hunger have a go. No doubt you Scots will disagree though...
Old 12 October 2004, 03:20 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

trophies???? Where did he get them?
Old 12 October 2004, 04:12 PM
geeva
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dtriggs
IMHO Coulthard is a useless git who should move over and let somebody with real ability and hunger have a go. No doubt you Scots will disagree though...
I agree (but am not scottish), he also causes more crashes than any other driver , remember when he caused that 10 car pile up by being a div ?

he also has enough jaw for two people!

and always blames someone else - even when ti was clearly his fault

rant over

thanks for listening
Old 12 October 2004, 04:14 PM
ozzy
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do agree that it's time he moves over and lets someone younger through. And yes, I am Scottish so there
Old 12 October 2004, 04:20 PM
RB5-Black
Scooby Regular

he's **** and allways has been......... Pitlane incident within his first couple of GP's can't remember where but he gonged the wall in the pitlane.

I'm Scottish too
Old 12 October 2004, 04:40 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

He is a good competent driver who has 13 GP victories and nearly 60 podium finishes. He may not be in the Schumacher class or be as consistent a winner as some others, but his record is still one to be proud of. It is worth remembering that every GP driver on the grid is well above average at controlling cars at racing speeds, there is a difference of ability between them of course, but Coulthard has good cause to be proud of his record in that sort of company.

I wonder how some of who those who criticise him would get on if placed in a GP car and told to get on with it and produce a result! or just get round a track anyway.

Making fun of his appearance is immature and only serves to weaken the argument.

And I am not Scottish!

Les
Old 12 October 2004, 04:56 PM
geeva
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
He is a good competent driver who has 13 GP victories and nearly 60 podium finishes. He may not be in the Schumacher class or be as consistent a winner as some others, but his record is still one to be proud of. It is worth remembering that every GP driver on the grid is well above average at controlling cars at racing speeds, there is a difference of ability between them of course, but Coulthard has good cause to be proud of his record in that sort of company.

I wonder how some of who those who criticise him would get on if placed in a GP car and told to get on with it and produce a result! or just get round a track anyway.

Making fun of his appearance is immature and only serves to weaken the argument.

And I am not Scottish!

Les
do you want to be his boyfriend ?
Old 12 October 2004, 05:30 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Although he is obviously a good racing driver, he could never quite rise to the occasion and win a Drivers Championship - even when he had a competitive car. I suspect he's missed his chance now. Museum seems appropriate somehow for a driver who's career may well soon be history.

While I'm here, did Coulthard ever explain satisfactorily, why he slowed down in the rain causing Shumacher to crash into the back of him, years ago? Schuey seemed fairly unimpressed - enough that he tried to smash his face in when he got back to the pits.
Old 12 October 2004, 07:56 PM
Jap2Scrap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by geeva
do you want to be his boyfriend ?
Pmsl

tut, so immature..
Old 12 October 2004, 08:13 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

is the rest of his ear in the museum
Old 13 October 2004, 08:19 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome
Although he is obviously a good racing driver, he could never quite rise to the occasion and win a Drivers Championship - even when he had a competitive car. I suspect he's missed his chance now. Museum seems appropriate somehow for a driver who's career may well soon be history.

While I'm here, did Coulthard ever explain satisfactorily, why he slowed down in the rain causing Shumacher to crash into the back of him, years ago? Schuey seemed fairly unimpressed - enough that he tried to smash his face in when he got back to the pits.
'Cos Schuey, for all his apparent ability, is an arrogant ****?

LOL its easy to forget how crap Schuey was when the Ferrari was not quite on the pace....
Old 13 October 2004, 08:27 AM
imi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JimmyRB5PRO
no doubt he'll be add more to it next year and actually spend some time in it if he doesn't sort out a drive soon, come on DC get yourself a motor for next year !!
With no drive next year, perhaps he himself will get a job as a cleaner in the museum.
Old 13 October 2004, 09:49 AM
D6ale
Scooby Regular

that was so funny, 98 at spa, it was a crazy race, then same race where he caused the 10 car pile up.

I used to be a keen supporter of David, but i do feel his time has come. I hope he doesnt do a Hill and move to a slow car at the back of the grid. i belive the time to retire is now, although people have said he might improve when he finally gets out of Mclaren's arms.
Old 13 October 2004, 11:00 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Very weak attempt Geeva-really showing your limit of ability to reply!

Les
Old 13 October 2004, 11:30 AM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

He admittedly did have some good results in the past but he been very poor for the last couple of seasons. He has had the one of the best cars for most of the last 7-8 years too !!

As to Schuey being rubbish when the Ferrari wasnt so good....were u actually watching those seasons ?

1996 - 3 wins when Williams were dominant and Ferrari was crap.
1997 - 5 wins - Williams and Maclaren dominant
1998 - 6 wins - improving but Maclaren still fastest car

Coulthard has won 1 race in 2003, 1 in 2002 - good effort.

Need I go on ?
Old 13 October 2004, 11:31 AM
tmo
Scooby Regular

DC will always be remembered for the “nice wave" he did at Schuey ...... classic