Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What To Do About Thieving Pikeys ?

Search this Thread

Old 07 October 2004, 08:42 AM
Terzo 333
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What To Do About Thieving Pikeys ?

Over the last 3 months I have had to put up with :

1) Office being broken into twice, three computers stolen, two phones, fax machine and petty cash.

2) Yard broken into, diesel tanks on wagons drained @ £300 a tank (this has happened on numerous occasions)

3) Aerials on wagons stolen (you would be surprised how much Scania charge for these so they know what they're looking for)

4) To top it all off, over night they have fired an air rifle at a windscreen in a transit van and put it though

The really annoying thing is that I know who is doing it Its a bunch of house bound thieving pikey b@stards that live opposite the yard. There was a trail of diesel leading from the wagons to the corner of the yard where they have jumped over the fence. They then cross a railway line whhich leads them straight to there house...

They tw@ts really make my blood boil. The police have been out before but said they can't prove anything

They didn't even go and see these pikeys, even though its obvious to them and me who it was

They are supposed to be coming again today, so I'll keep you posted as to what they do about it this time...

But I'm ready for going across with a baseball bat... I know this won't achieve anything and I'd probably get stabbed

I'm at my wits end. How do you deal with pikeys that are intent on thieving ?

Thanks for reading
Old 07 October 2004, 08:50 AM
Rumplestiltskin!
Scooby Regular

Stick up a CCTV camera ?
Get a couple of large Dobermans (don't feed them) ??
Get a flock of geece in a pen - they make an absolute racket when they are disturbed.

Get a nightwatchman ?

Once they have done it once & got away with it they will do it again & again.....unless you make it awkward for them & they will soon go somewhere else.

Rump
Old 07 October 2004, 09:10 AM
DJ Dunk
Support Scoobynet!

Follow trail of diesel, light match, stand back and admire your handywork.
Old 07 October 2004, 09:11 AM
Pastor
BANNED

I didn't think diesel burnt with exposure to naked flame.

In any case get the ******* on film and then force the police to take action.
Old 07 October 2004, 09:12 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Knock on their door and ask them politely if you can have your stuff back.
Old 07 October 2004, 09:16 AM
darts_aint_sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
Knock on their door and ask them politely if you can have your stuff back.
Lol! Best one yet
Old 07 October 2004, 09:16 AM
richieh
Scooby Regular

fuel caps when coated with thick gel superglue was stay sticky for hours just remember to tell the driver in the morning
richie
Old 07 October 2004, 09:18 AM
richieh
Scooby Regular

if you report them for the shooting dont the police have to take action?
richie
Old 07 October 2004, 09:21 AM
richieh
Scooby Regular

just dont plant evidence on their property at night or steal summat of thiers and leave it in the yard before calling the police that would be naughty
richie
Old 07 October 2004, 09:27 AM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

CCTV will be a waste of time. My mate has a very nice piece of video from his CCTV system of some travelling gentlemen ( ) making off with his trailer full of brand new scaffolding. Police said that even if they caught them the CCTV footage isn't likely to be enough to secure a conviction - case closed - don't you just love this country

I fear a visit in the dead of night with the baseball bat maybe the only way to make them see reason.

tiggers.
Old 07 October 2004, 09:28 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Angry

Try CCTV it may either deterr the ******* or you might catch them on tape.

Thieving scum!

Confronting the scum may seem like a good idea, unless you have the clout and mates to back it up then perhaps not a good alternative and could easily backfire.

Getting them done by the Police is your best option IMHO

Last edited by The Zohan; 07 October 2004 at 09:35 AM.
Old 07 October 2004, 09:31 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

The pikeys really should be careful of the dangers of storing all that fuel in a tinder dry house.... just make sure you are forensically untouchable!
Old 07 October 2004, 09:35 AM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

We had the exact same problem, after weeks and weeks the police actually staked our premises and caught them in the act, very funny to watch on cctv.
Before this we tried everything, night watchman - caught him sitting in canteen watching tv, Syphon filters - they just put a screw driver in the tank, large gates - 20k and 6 months to get them, cctv and large floodlight.
Nothing seemed to work so the police had no other choice, took ages to happen but the WOMAN who was to blame is now behind bars.
Old 07 October 2004, 01:36 PM
22BUK
Scooby Regular

Could you move your business to somewhere enlightened, like Texas? You could then just shoot the lot of them when they step on your property. Job done.
Old 07 October 2004, 01:56 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

If they are lifting diesel, get a dog of a van from a scrapyard. doesnt really matter if it runs or not, and keep it in the yard for a few weeks. During this time, keep all the other tanks in the yard at a minimum, but fill the dog to the brim with diesel... and a couple of pounds of sugar.
astraboy.
Old 07 October 2004, 02:16 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Hmm, how about spray painting "Theiving Scum!" over the front of their house?

Seriously though. CCTV might act as a deterrent, so it's worth it.

If the police seem to be non-interested then you could write a letter to the local rag/radio station, mentioning what has been happening, and the police's non-involvement, and how you're a businessman, whose losing money hand over fist whilst the perps get away with it.

I'd also be inclinced to write to the local Cheif of Police and express your concern at the lack of police involvement, that, to you, they seem totally disinterested in actually catching these criminals (they are probably out catching speeders, as that is far more profitable than actually catching thieves)

Hope you get it sorted.
Old 07 October 2004, 02:24 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Another Astraboy classic. When all their pikey mates vehicles get wrecked by the 'poisoned' diesel they will be in too much trouble to come bothering you again.

UB
Old 07 October 2004, 02:59 PM
mattsan
Scooby Regular

Wouldn't bother with cctv,they will probally rob the cameras.
Old 07 October 2004, 03:19 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
If they are lifting diesel, get a dog of a van from a scrapyard. doesnt really matter if it runs or not, and keep it in the yard for a few weeks. During this time, keep all the other tanks in the yard at a minimum, but fill the dog to the brim with diesel... and a couple of pounds of sugar.
astraboy.
Knowing the UK at the moment, they could sue you for emotional distress and you would be convicted of criminal damage...

Last edited by Jerome; 07 October 2004 at 08:19 PM.
Old 07 October 2004, 09:38 PM
IPKIS
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Terzo 333
Over the last 3 months I have had to put up with :

1) Office being broken into twice, three computers stolen, two phones, fax machine and petty cash.

2) Yard broken into, diesel tanks on wagons drained @ £300 a tank (this has happened on numerous occasions)

3) Aerials on wagons stolen (you would be surprised how much Scania charge for these so they know what they're looking for)

4) To top it all off, over night they have fired an air rifle at a windscreen in a transit van and put it though

The really annoying thing is that I know who is doing it Its a bunch of house bound thieving pikey b@stards that live opposite the yard. There was a trail of diesel leading from the wagons to the corner of the yard where they have jumped over the fence. They then cross a railway line whhich leads them straight to there house...

They tw@ts really make my blood boil. The police have been out before but said they can't prove anything

They didn't even go and see these pikeys, even though its obvious to them and me who it was

They are supposed to be coming again today, so I'll keep you posted as to what they do about it this time...

But I'm ready for going across with a baseball bat... I know this won't achieve anything and I'd probably get stabbed

I'm at my wits end. How do you deal with pikeys that are intent on thieving ?

Thanks for reading

I'll get flamed for this but..........

BUY A SHOTGUN AND SIT IN WAIT FOR THEM THEN SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE....

Its the only language these low life scum understand
they should all be shot or hung
Old 07 October 2004, 09:48 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by IPKIS
I'll get flamed for this but..........

BUY A SHOTGUN AND SIT IN WAIT FOR THEM THEN SHOOT THEM IN THE FACE....

Its the only language these low life scum understand
they should all be shot or hung
"I think you've had quite enough to drink for one night sir, would you let me call you a taxi? Please let me help you with your coat"
Old 07 October 2004, 09:52 PM
IPKIS
Scooby Regular

well its about time we stood up to these low lifes
the police might as well just sit on their *** all day and do fack all but pull over people for going half a mph over the speed limit.

Oh hang on they already do that fackin waste of paying tax if you ask me

thieves should be SHOT
no ifs or buts
SHOT
Old 07 October 2004, 10:07 PM
Markus
Scooby Regular

Hmm, I think they would think they have won the lottery and move into the chargrilled wreck of the caravan

Jerome - you're probably bang on with that, the poor sod whose been effected by the scum would get done, whereas the scum reaps the benefits.

Wonder if you can get a lottery grant to setup a task force that would go round and remove these scumbags from the gene pool?
Old 07 October 2004, 10:44 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Put a sign up saying. 'Welcome thieves - please help yourself'

It will put the fear of god up 'em!!

Oh, yes, some razor blades in grease is a superb deterrent - smeared on the bottom of something REALLY expensive looking (like an empty computer case with a couple of bricks in)!! £13!!

Pete
Old 07 October 2004, 11:36 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

Would not recommend going to see them with just a baseball bat. Pikeys are known to have the odd shotgun and I guess some of them would not think twice about using it, digging a hole and then moving on....(Police normally only visit a camp mob handed).

Put sign up a night time, well lit up. "Trespasser will be shot. **** the law."
Old 07 October 2004, 11:47 PM
King Eric
Scooby Regular

Default Dirty thieving inbred scumbags

Park a motorway maintenance van in your driveway and scatter the place with suitable Caravan Club Members attire such as:-

Throw the odd random number plate around the place and make the gaff look tatty as you can.

Right in the middle of said tatty area place a brand new Toyota Hilux or even a Merc in the middle of it all. Preferably with import plates on them, or even better wearing the plates of another like vehicle parked in the local multi-story car park.

Throw around some foam taken from old sofas and place around a large dustbin to make it look like a nice little gathering spot.

Get a couple of dogs with no collars running around the place.

An old T.V placed on some milk crates.

They never nick from their own.

SCUM
Old 08 October 2004, 12:52 PM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Just kill them. Do the whole country a favour. Take their lifeless corpses away, clean up. Shred the boddies and dispose of somewhere nice and murky where no one will look.

These scum are a disease and should be stamped out.
Old 08 October 2004, 01:30 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did Hitler get it right with the Gypsies?

Pete
Old 08 October 2004, 01:42 PM
hedgehog
Scooby Regular

The worrying question isn't if Hitler got it right but if our country is now in a position where someone similar could rise to power.

For many people political correctness and attempts to control their lives while unsavoury elements in society are protected and free to go about their business have become too much.

I would say that it wouldn't take much in this country to tip the balance and put someone like Hitler in power. The normal political parties, for example, don't have a lot to offer any of us and many people vote for one of them as a protest against the other party rather than as a measure of support. Give us a bit of economic instability and a good recession and I'd say you could easily see Hitler walk into 10 Downing Street.

The problem, of course, is what if he likes gypos but doesn't like Subaru drivers?

Quick Reply: What To Do About Thieving Pikeys ?