I HATE TRAFFIC

Search this Thread

Old 28 September 2004, 08:10 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I HATE TRAFFIC

just been sat in a traffic jam for 4 and a half hours due to an accident that happened at 11.30 this morning and the road is still shut. 20 **** later and knowing the words of every song on radio 1 ( due to them repeating the 3 times!) i thought it was over but the police directed everyone on a 5 mile detour of more traffic when i could have traveled half a mile and been home in the other direction anyways RANT OVER

just needed to let of some steam!
Old 28 September 2004, 08:16 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Normally, you can blame the accident investigators not pulling their finger out. They just shut the road so they can find out who to point the finger at, rather than try and clear the mess and get things moving like they used to back in days of yore.
Old 28 September 2004, 08:25 PM
andypugh2000
Scooby Regular

I heard this one on the radio today too, one of my drivers got stuck in it so had to take an HGV home tonight, bet his neighbours will love him Just as well you didnt need a **** in that 4.5 hours
Old 28 September 2004, 08:41 PM
Sbradley
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Normally, you can blame the accident investigators not pulling their finger out. They just shut the road so they can find out who to point the finger at, rather than try and clear the mess and get things moving like they used to back in days of yore.
Sorry mate, I know that normally we see pretty well eye to eye on here. but this is complete bollocks.

AIs have a job to do and it isn't just seeing who they can point the finger at. Most of the time they will be able to come back at a convenient time to get measurements, do friction tests and so on, but sometimes, especially if the accident is fatal (which if an AI is involved it probably is ) they have to do stuff while the vehicle is in situ.

I'm currently most of the way through a case where my sister in law was killed in an accident. I, and the rest of the family, are incredibly appreciative of the job that the AIs have done in explaining what actually happened. As well as the evidence side if there is a prosecution, the family of the casualty gain immensely from having the full story, at least from a technical/laws of physics side, explained. It helps to fill in the gaps and to dispell any of the nastier things that our imaginations may otherwise produce.

Plus it may not be the AI causing the delay anyhow. Often the road surface is damaged or the crash barriers have to be replaced or some other piece of roadside furniture has been rendered unsafe so repairs have to be made before the road can be reopened. There's lots of reasons why it can take a long time so less of the sweeping generalisations!

SB
Old 28 September 2004, 09:13 PM
Danny B
Scooby Regular

Don't the Police have to treat a fatal RTA as a potential murder scene?
Old 28 September 2004, 09:42 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Yes and that's the problem, rather than just make 1 lane open, or wait till traffic has eased they shut the whole lot off for however long they feel justified.

Usually needed repairs are done on the night shift.

We live in a blame society, everyone wants to blame someone.
Old 28 September 2004, 10:16 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
just been sat in a traffic jam for 4 and a half hours due to an accident that happened at 11.30 this morning and the road is still shut. 20 **** later and knowing the words of every song on radio 1 ( due to them repeating the 3 times!) i thought it was over but the police directed everyone on a 5 mile detour of more traffic when i could have traveled half a mile and been home in the other direction anyways RANT OVER

just needed to let of some steam!
Was a caravan involved? Was a volvo towing the caravan? Bet it was!!! Woman driving?

Old 28 September 2004, 10:18 PM
TDT
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Danny B
Don't the Police have to treat a fatal RTA as a potential murder scene?
"Suspicious death" until proved otherwise........

No different to someone slinging themselves under a train.
Old 28 September 2004, 10:21 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by ajm
Was a caravan involved? Was a volvo towing the caravan? Bet it was!!! Woman driving?

You can blame them anyway just for existing.

Much like you can blame Blair too
Old 29 September 2004, 12:41 AM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

I guess this is the A40 then. I went home at seven o'clock this evening. Sorry, I STARTED going home at seven o'clock. Ended up having a nice run through south bucks to avoid the traffic.

Guess I'll have to check trafficnet before going in tomorrow am.

J.
Old 29 September 2004, 05:09 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com
Wink

Originally Posted by andypugh2000
I heard this one on the radio today too, one of my drivers got stuck in it so had to take an HGV home tonight, bet his neighbours will love him Just as well you didnt need a **** in that 4.5 hours
GOT OUT OF MY CAR N THE fast lane and had a **** twice if that counts on the central reservation to! no one even batted an eye lid