Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cardiff - wot no Optimax?

Search this Thread

Old 11 September 2004, 08:53 AM
Diesel
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cardiff - wot no Optimax?

Couldnt find a Shell in half an hour driving about last week, so checked the Shell site and cant believe there is only 1 Shell in Cardiff - Pentwyn. Is that right? And if so its a long drive from the posh Docks when I'm over again next week
Old 11 September 2004, 11:08 AM
Chip
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Diesel
Couldnt find a Shell in half an hour driving about last week, so checked the Shell site and cant believe there is only 1 Shell in Cardiff - Pentwyn. Is that right? And if so its a long drive from the posh Docks when I'm over again next week
Yep, think thats the only one. If your heading towards the Bay then go via the A48M and fill up there. It's quicker that way to the docks anyway.

Chip.
Old 11 September 2004, 04:34 PM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

I had the same problem in June in Cornwall. They didn't even have SUL in a lot of the petrol stations and I ended up driving a 50 mile round trip (i.e around a 1/3 of my tank in my Type R) to Bude where I found some SUL in Esso which I mixed with a dose of emergency octane booster which I keep in the boot....!

I'm actually writing a POI programme as an overlay for my TomTom 3 PDA which will eventually have all the Shell garages in the U.K listed within the satnav as searchable POI's (points of interest)...about 6 months away from doing it yet though...

Russ