Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I just don't get the justice system?

Search this Thread

Old 10 September 2004, 06:11 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry I just don't get the justice system?

I read in the paper today that a guy who's lass cheated on him got his own back by posting an 11s clip of him screwing her on the net. The site took 300 hits before it was shut down and unsurprisingly she wasn't best pleased.

It went to court and he got 3 months in jail

Sure, what he did was wrong but 3 months of time?!! This is quite probably a normal guy that lost the plot and now he's off to do time with real criminals who will probably turn him into a real criminal in that time!?

Yet despite this, we have gangs of young men (and women for that matter) running around stealing stuff, vandalising cars, beating people up (to a bloody pulp), causing disturbances and generally causing a lot of people to live in constant fear and when they do finally get caught they get a few hours community service??? What is that all about then??

Surely these little ******* should be getting the 3-6 months and revenge boy a heafty fine made payable to his ex by way of compehsation?

Am I wrong?
Old 10 September 2004, 06:13 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

So does that mean he wont get any royalties for the film
Old 10 September 2004, 07:10 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

British injustice- the envy of the world.
Old 10 September 2004, 09:00 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sorry, but I agree with the magistrate/judge. As I suspect will most of the women here.

M
Old 10 September 2004, 09:03 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

and u can bet your *** that the court spent plenty of time examining the evidence
Old 10 September 2004, 09:06 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
I'm sorry, but I agree with the magistrate/judge. As I suspect will most of the women here.
whether u agree with the sentence or not isnt so much the point.. its more how the sentence compares to other sentences for other crimes... i.e....

Yet despite this, we have gangs of young men (and women for that matter) running around stealing stuff, vandalising cars, beating people up (to a bloody pulp), causing disturbances and generally causing a lot of people to live in constant fear and when they do finally get caught they get a few hours community service???
...surely if you're suggesting 3 months inside for posting a sex tape (which she presumably willingly participated in.. and probably enjoyed too), wouldn't u agree that some of the crimes saxo listed above should be getting considerably more than 50 hours of picking up litter?
Old 10 September 2004, 09:07 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

M
What is the likelyhood that, had the woman posted the vid, the guy would have got nowhere through the courts?

Anyone who allows someone to take dirty pics/vids of them, cannot be that surprised if they end up on the internet at a later date. It doesn't even have to be an involved party, it could be a burglar who steals and posts them for instance.
Old 10 September 2004, 09:08 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Never pķss a judges daughter off.
Old 10 September 2004, 09:08 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

M
So to betray someone by cheating on them is worthy of no punishment, whilst publically shaming someone who deserves it is worthy of 3 months inside.

Anyone who agrees with that is fickle at best, vindictive at worst!
Old 10 September 2004, 09:29 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

What is the likelyhood that, had the woman posted the vid, the guy would have got nowhere through the courts?
Exactly

Milo made my comeback point very well so I'll not add much to it! However, I will say that the whole point of a jail term is to take you away from society so that you are not a danger whilst you are rebilitated and given plenty of time to consider your crime. All this costs tax payers a LOT of money!! Now I don't doubt the women was hurt and humiliated but as someone said its actually not that much worse that being cheated on. I'd much rather 300 people on the internet saw me in action than have a girl break my heart cheating on me (been there, I'd rather be beaten by a gang of youths than go through that again!). So I ask you the question where is the gain to society - or anyone for that matter - by putting this guy in jail? Is there really any risk to anyone here? Do you think this guy is going to get another girlfriend and look to try and film her so he can put her on the net? In fact, the more I think about it the more stupid a custodial sentance is!

Bloody women get bloody everything these days You screw them over and you get jail, you try and hit on them and you're a date raper, divorce them and they take you for every penny you have, split up and they take your kids, etc, etc! Its about time guys had some f-in rights in this country!!!

You know, I started off calm in this post but have deterioated
Old 10 September 2004, 11:35 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

This all depends on his previous convictions etc. If he was totally clean before and admitted the offence then chances are he would have got a caution.

People do go to jail for other crimes - thefts, assaults, burglaries, damage etc it just is not publisised as much.
Old 12 September 2004, 10:46 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Don't think very highly of what he did, but I agree with SB about comparing sentencing between this and really serious crime.

Les
Old 12 September 2004, 11:05 AM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

What exactly was the "crime" that he was convicted of?

The only thing I can think of is a breach of the obscene publications act in that he had it hosted in the UK not abroard & even then it must have been quite graphic.
Old 12 September 2004, 02:33 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Like i say, it depends on his previous convictions etc, also the crime is possibly offences against the harassment act, breach of ASBO, CRASBO or injuction.

It may be that since the break up, he has started to harass her, such as following her, abusive phone messages etc etc. She may have gone to a solicitor and gained an injuction with a power of arrest or he may have been warned by the police for harassment. If he breaches either of these - he is arrested and possibly warned on the first occasion, the next time he is put before the court and maybe fined. The next time a bigger fine until the court eventually hand out a custodial sentence.

The papers tend not to publish the full story
Old 12 September 2004, 02:46 PM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

...anyone got a copy of this tape?
Old 12 September 2004, 02:48 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I have to give felix some credit for his/her argument. It is possible (very possible) actually that the papers have picked and chosen what parts of the story to publish but certainly on the facts that I know if it seems very harsh.
Old 12 September 2004, 02:55 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

I remember reading about a similar thing to this. A lad put videos his GF had made him in america wile they were @ seperate uni's on the net, after hed found out she was cheating on him. He even sent opies to all her family. They ended up becoming one of the most downloading things on the net. The girl had to quit uni and move to the other side of country she was being constantly hounded.

just go on google and type in libbey hooler, same sort of thing happened with the star wars kid videos.
Old 12 September 2004, 03:27 PM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDriverWannabe
I remember reading about a similar thing to this. A lad put videos his GF had made him in america wile they were @ seperate uni's on the net, after hed found out she was cheating on him. He even sent opies to all her family. They ended up becoming one of the most downloading things on the net. The girl had to quit uni and move to the other side of country she was being constantly hounded.

just go on google and type in libbey hooler, same sort of thing happened with the star wars kid videos.
I assume you mean Libby Hoeler...
Old 12 September 2004, 05:35 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome
I assume you mean Libby Hoeler...
thats the one
Old 13 September 2004, 12:19 AM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Puff The Magic Wagon!
What exactly was the "crime" that he was convicted of?

The only thing I can think of is a breach of the obscene publications act in that he had it hosted in the UK not abroard & even then it must have been quite graphic.
He may have been convicted of an assault/ABH. These days mental anguish is covered by that, it doesn't only apply to physical injuries.

Had he been charged and found guilty of GBH with intent, he could of got life
Old 13 September 2004, 12:01 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
So to betray someone by cheating on them is worthy of no punishment, whilst publically shaming someone who deserves it is worthy of 3 months inside.

Anyone who agrees with that is fickle at best, vindictive at worst!
The Japanese used to have a nice way of humiliating unfaithful women, seems it has become quite a popular thing on the net these days as well
Old 13 September 2004, 12:21 PM
vindaloo
Scooby Regular

Backtracking a bit, it may not have been the release of the clip that was the main problem. Did he tape it without her knowledge? Did he tape it specifically to release it?

If it's just for releasing the clip on the internet, 3 months is ridiculous IMO. Thing is though if he's still p*ssed off and proud he'd have said so in court too. A career crim. would have kept shtum.

J.
Old 13 September 2004, 05:14 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

The Japanese used to have a nice way of humiliating unfaithful women, seems it has become quite a popular thing on the net these days as well
ROTFLMAO <avid>In da pretty calebraty face</avid>