Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Whats the point in this? Hostages killed...

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2004, 07:15 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Whats the point in this? Hostages killed...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/3614866.stm

12 Nepalese hostages executed in Iraq, when there arent any Nepalese soldiers in Iraq - Nepalese government havent even shown support for the war in Iraq, and there were no demands made after these people were captured?- some Islamic group just kidnap them and execute them??? WTF?
Old 31 August 2004, 07:21 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

Ive just clicked a link on another website, and its very disturbing and disgusting what they have done.
Old 31 August 2004, 07:25 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Think Moses should have a go at explaining this - he's always got an answer for them
Old 31 August 2004, 07:28 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

its just the way that they get attention...

given that they follow a strict religious code, i,m surpriised they do it...

but then again, they use this as a blanket cop out clause...

given dubyh,s star turn along with his glove puppet, there will be a gung ho

lets kick *** in the offing..

but if you want to end it all.. we have the means and we have used it before... its just a case of what is more politcally expediant!!!!

do it, and get it over with,

mart
Old 31 August 2004, 07:32 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think they just like war, if things cease they aint qualified for much else so its in their interests to keep it volatile.

Of course we have the French Schoolgirls issue as well, apparently in France the Schoolgirls wear headgear to die for, the world is f*cked up and its basically down to religion and border disputes going back hundreds of years. Now I think anybody can pray to whatever they choose, just dont hack peoples heads of because they dont agree.
Old 31 August 2004, 07:35 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

there arent any Nepalese soldiers in Iraq
I expect there are some Gurkha regiments in there somewhere. They should unleash them onto the barbarous scum.

UB
Old 31 August 2004, 07:44 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

A frustrated sad side of me says it's time to get evil on their *****, not hold back anymore. Another side of me says thats not the way-So what to do?
It's just so sad.
Old 31 August 2004, 08:40 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
A frustrated sad side of me says it's time to get evil on their *****, not hold back anymore. Another side of me says thats not the way-So what to do?
It's just so sad.
Hate to spoil the party here but this was not happening before the invasion for oil. You've already killed at least 20,000 Iraqis.
YOU don't own the world - it's not yours to go and bomb who you like when you like cos it suits you.
Old 31 August 2004, 08:52 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gsm1
Hate to spoil the party here but this was not happening before the invasion for oil. You've already killed at least 20,000 Iraqis.
YOU don't own the world - it's not yours to go and bomb who you like when you like cos it suits you.

So I'm the war/party personified am I? Mmm, not had that done to me before-thanks! Yes of course the people who committed these acts, chopping of heads and so forth,are a legitimate path to peace? please explain more to me, me being the personification and all that.
Old 31 August 2004, 08:53 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andrewdelvard
It's just so sad.

Agreed. Waste them all.
Old 31 August 2004, 08:55 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

gsm, where do you live? If it's the UK, then you're about as much to blame as andrewdelvard
Old 31 August 2004, 09:02 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

I never said they were a legitimate path to peace but what does 'it's time to get evil on their *****, not hold back anymore' mean? You think the Americans know where they are and can pin point them exactly but just don't want to do anything about it?

Or maybe you'd rather they killed and tortured a few more Iraqis and sodomised a few more kids in Abu Ghraib? Or maybe just wipe out a whole wedding party?
Maybe if you find your family ripped to pieces with cluster bombs you might realise what is happening instead of making such gung-ho statements from your armchair.
Old 31 August 2004, 09:03 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

In all my travels, I've never met nicer people than the Nepalese.
My true feelings would only start a flame war, so all I can say is that this type of barbarism is an affront to humanity.

Peace, love and of course a good kicking where it's due...

Suresh
Old 31 August 2004, 09:04 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Taff107
Agreed. Waste them all.
Sorry Andrew, I just realised you're not that bad after all.
Old 31 August 2004, 09:04 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

That's true. All that was happening then was the same types flying planes into New York skyscrapers. No doubt you find that behaviour legitimate too?

UB
Old 31 August 2004, 09:08 PM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

I never said they were a legitimate path to peace but what does 'it's time to get evil on their *****, not hold back anymore' mean? You think the Americans know where they are and can pin point them exactly but just don't want to do anything about it?

Or maybe you'd rather they killed and tortured a few more Iraqis and sodomised a few more kids in Abu Ghraib? Or maybe just wipe out a whole wedding party?
Maybe if you find your family ripped to pieces with cluster bombs you might realise what is happening instead of making such gung-ho statements from your armchair.
:sigh: read my comments again fool. It's the feeling, the instant response that I have when reading the link. But I know it's not the way. I may also add neither is being as confrontational as you are. Calm down. You don't represent the Iraqi People.
Old 31 August 2004, 09:08 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
That's true. All that was happening then was the same types flying planes into New York skyscrapers. No doubt you find that behaviour legitimate too?

UB
Oh of course...those types. Which Iraqi flew a plane into New York. Man...Andrew....sorry mate..all is forgiven, definitely.
Old 31 August 2004, 09:10 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Oh of course...those types. Which Iraqi flew a plane into New York. Man...Andrew....sorry mate..all is forgiven, definitely.
Which Islamic militant.

Can I ask a question? How old are you?
Old 31 August 2004, 09:39 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

what it should be is the

UN peacekeeping force should be a unilateral kick *** squad..

not this hamstrung political teddy bear that we have..

the message should be clear...

you F**K with the free world we will come an F**k you full stop.

as i said before if we want to end it we can

Enola gay ring any bells....

even know we have to have a war with a rule book!!!!

you cant bomb places of worship (holy temple) eek

dont recall hitler telling his boys,, "look chaps i know you hate the brits, but try not to hit the place of worship on the old kent road" would be a bit embarrasing on the old world service."

If you are at war then i thought there were no rules!!

its true oil has a lot to do with it, but if the free world(sic) wanted the bad guys out, they would do it overnight...

its all a political game, and you and i are pawns in the middle...

half our problem is the daft compo and hr laws we have...

do you think osama gives a F**k that the people in 9/11 were not military

combatants!! does he care that Human rights were breached!!!

so why do we have mass protests over the people at guantanamo bay??

if you go into a war zone & point a gun you become a player!!!

regardless of whether you are right or wrong...

mart
Old 31 August 2004, 09:57 PM
Taff107
Scooby Regular

Sorry Andrew, I just realised you're not that bad after all.
gsm, if you have so much concern for Iraq and its people, stop critcising the actions of UK, pack your bags and go and live there. We'll see how much concern you have for them when they are trying to cut your head off with a blunt fish-knife.
Old 31 August 2004, 11:02 PM
steve<G>man
Scooby Newbie

I just cant understand how these fcukwits think its ok to kill in the name of god ! im not even a muslim and i know its against the faith but if theres a anyone out there that wants to explain where it says in the muslim religion its all good to chop peoples heads off im all ears
Old 31 August 2004, 11:42 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

read my earlier post..

the get out clause is

if it was a free board, i,d add a few comments of my own but... being a nanny state board i cant ( and i would probably get a ton of sh*t dropped on me)

so there philosophy is we can kill you cos our religion will forgive us,,

but touch us and your picking on religious minoritys...

whats good for the goose!!!!!

enola gay should have stayed at home yesterday oops rambling again

Mart
Old 01 September 2004, 11:02 AM
Holy Ghost
Scooby Regular

to get back on topic, you ask why the nepalese?

wearing a terrorist's hat, i say "why not?" after all, contract labour is a large, international target made up of largely non-european, non-western (often poorer) peoples. excellent for inciting additional anti-coalition feeling in new parts - perhaps previously neutral parts - of the world.

so as a terrorist, i spread maximum mayhem & fear and i understand the power of the international press. i kill indescriminately, brutally (even my own people) and then let a liberal, leftish western media amplify the impact of my actions to increase the popular villification of my infidel enemies.

it's shrewd thinking but such extremist minority actions can never hold sway indefinitely. they never have.

Last edited by Holy Ghost; 01 September 2004 at 11:06 AM. Reason: spilt me tea
Old 01 September 2004, 12:28 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Death like this is not the way, Perhaps George doesnt know the way either. There is never a good reason to take a life. Wether its planes into sky scapers, bombs in Bagdhad (American or terrorist) blowing kids up on buses, ethnic cleansing (just what the f*** is that?) men, women and children in gas chambers or executing innocents like these Nepalese
What kind of religions allow people to do this?
Confused of Chorley.
Old 01 September 2004, 12:43 PM
Bajie
Scooby Regular

As long as the word of G_d is spread by man this will carry on.
Old 01 September 2004, 12:48 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

What kind of religions allow people to do this?
Islamic ones. They're enjoying blowing up tiny school children today in Russia...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3616868.stm

Big brave men, eh? Oh, I and expect they'll get around to killing the French hostages later for no other reason than - "The kidnappers have demanded that France repeal a ban on Islamic headscarves in French state schools."

UB

Last edited by unclebuck; 01 September 2004 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01 September 2004, 01:12 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

These people do not respect conventional laws or morals, they do not fear deterrants or reprisals, they lack the ability to empathise with or show any compassion towards human beings and they are delusional to the point where they are willing to die to achieve their evil objectives.

Negotiation will not work because they are not prepared to compromise, neither will they back down so sadly the only logical and remaining way to stop them killing people is to kill the perpetrators themselves.

Its a simple equation, one innocent life is worth more than that of all of his captors. Harsh but true.

p.s. Treehuggers and liberals feel free to disagree, but you better come equipped with well reasoned alternatives.
Old 01 September 2004, 01:16 PM
tucker101uk
Scooby Regular

Bring all your children up playing rainbow six, counter strike and medal of honour.

For the benefit of the future generation!!!

Old 01 September 2004, 02:03 PM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

I think the short answer is "There is no point". Simple as that. Go back through all the history books - man has always fought man. Some hide behind the banner of religion, others racism - whatever - man always seems to find a reason for a good fight.

I'm not aware of any religion which actively tells people to go out and kill others - by and large they all say quite the opposite. But man is very clever at twisting meanings to suit themself in order to start a fight - you only have to look at some of the threads on SN to see that in action!

I think it's horiffic and, like every other sane human on the planet, I'm appalled and sickened by it, but I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Maybe it's that feeling of helplessness which makes us feel so angry.
Old 01 September 2004, 02:04 PM
hawkeye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ajm
These people do not respect conventional laws or morals, they do not fear deterrants or reprisals, they lack the ability to empathise with or show any compassion towards human beings and they are delusional to the point where they are willing to die to achieve their evil objectives.

Negotiation will not work because they are not prepared to compromise, neither will they back down so sadly the only logical and remaining way to stop them killing people is to kill the perpetrators themselves.

Its a simple equation, one innocent life is worth more than that of all of his captors. Harsh but true.

p.s. Treehuggers and liberals feel free to disagree, but you better come equipped with well reasoned alternatives.

either thata or they are just sick ****'s who hide behind the myth of allah!!!

or whatever their "peace" loving god is

Quick Reply: Whats the point in this? Hostages killed...