Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

TV licence......

Search this Thread

Old 23 August 2004, 02:25 PM
sleeka
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TV licence......

Just renewed my licence and wondered why it goes up by £5 a year?????
Cost me £121!
NOt complaining really bout the cost cos i know it has to be paid by all, by just curious as to why it goes up every year? Inflation?
Old 23 August 2004, 02:30 PM
messiah
Scooby Regular

Location: Surviving as a soldier of fortune on the Los Angeles underground...

it's to do with restoring episodes of only fools and horses & open all hours so they can be shown at prime time cos no-ones ever seen them before...

f**king repeats...
Old 23 August 2004, 02:32 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Hands up for a commercially funded BBC

It would help them shed some waste. After having a tour of their IT dept some years ago I realised the answer to lack of technology was to throw tens of people at the job
Old 23 August 2004, 03:15 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I expect they put it up because they can
Old 23 August 2004, 06:12 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

£121 for all the TV channels, all the radio shows, the BBC symphony orchestra, the concerts on the radio. All of them with NO adverts. Think of all the documentaries etc that they do, which really wouldn't be commercially viable, but they put them on as a service.

How much is Sky, and how many adverts do you have to endure? I think it's almost unwatchable. And it's mainly total drivel.
Old 23 August 2004, 06:21 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Butkus
How much is Sky, and how many adverts do you have to endure? I think it's almost unwatchable. And it's mainly total drivel.
£40 or so for hundreds of channels of a variety of interests. with sky+, you do not have to watch any adverts if u dont want to.

but at least with sky, if u dont want it, u dont have to pay for it.. its your choice. with bbc, i have to pay the license fee despite never watching their channel. thats the only thing i object to.
Old 23 August 2004, 06:28 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sleeka
Just renewed my licence and wondered why it goes up by £5 a year?????
Cost me £121!
NOt complaining really bout the cost cos i know it has to be paid by all, by just curious as to why it goes up every year? Inflation?
Sharon Davies' nipples don't come for free mate
Old 23 August 2004, 06:39 PM
Nick
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Butkus
£121 for all the TV channels, all the radio shows, the BBC symphony orchestra, the concerts on the radio. All of them with NO adverts. Think of all the documentaries etc that they do, which really wouldn't be commercially viable, but they put them on as a service.

Sky in general is drivel? Or a specific channel? I have Sky just for movies. SO Eastenders, Casualty, Animal Hospital are not drivel?

About no adverts on BBC, have you not noticed the 6 mins of BBC adverts in between each program?

There can be no justification of FORCING people to pay a fee to the BBC WHETHER OR NOT they choose to watch it? Just bring out a decoder box that costs £121 per year & let people CHOOSE whether they want to watch the BBC or not.