Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Performance Car Hire

Search this Thread

Old 17 August 2004, 10:15 AM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Performance Car Hire

Anyone recommend a good hire company for performance cars ? or anyone to avoid ?

I was expecting to pick up my new car at the end of last week / begining of this week but it doesn't look like it will be ready

My existing loan car (through a friend) goes back tomorrow and I've booked a weeks holiday next week

Anyone got any recommendations ?
Anyone going on summer holiday want their car looked after ?

cheers,

Turkey
Old 17 August 2004, 11:03 AM
STI4ME
Scooby Regular

Default deshireablecars

Originally Posted by Cold Turkey
Anyone recommend a good hire company for performance cars ?
Don't know where you're located but a mate of mine just started up this firm and they have some nice toys on fleet already! If you give them a shot ask for Jamie!

http://www.deshireablecars.com/home.html
Old 17 August 2004, 11:09 AM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by STI4ME
Don't know where you're located but a mate of mine just started up this firm and they have some nice toys on fleet already! If you give them a shot ask for Jamie!

http://www.deshireablecars.com/home.html
cool.....nice site! And with an E-Type I might be able to get my old man to share the cost

Shame they haven't got the Noble in yet !!
Old 17 August 2004, 11:11 AM
Dracoro
Scooby Regular

The might wanna check the spelling. It's boxSter, not boxter. they've got it right in some places and wrong in others.
Old 17 August 2004, 12:02 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool tomorrow....

Cheers...a couple of good sites there and cheaper than the ones Google turned up.....a 911 Targa, £555 for 7 days....fantastic !

BUT just had the call to say my scooby arrives tomorrow morning
Old 17 August 2004, 01:08 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Superb Cold Turkey,

What is the car you are getting,

Brian

P.S. Fell like I'm picking up a new one becsue I am going out to drive it now After a year of ownership :
Old 17 August 2004, 01:22 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Thanks Brian. I feel like a kid at xmas . Not sure how much sleep I'll get tonight !!

Never bought a new car before so the WR1 is a good place to start

Some people might think its a gay colour, or doubt the performance figures, or enjoy mentioning Top Gear, or look down their noses at a 'PPP' car or think I'm a mug for buying a new car.....but I don't care !!

These people know who they are and I have one thing to say to you.....
Old 17 August 2004, 02:38 PM
wrxmania
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Ignore them all!!!

The WR1 is a good car for anyone who enjoys performance cars - people may doubt the odd 0.2 of a second here or 10 BHP there but a 300 BHP + car with the road going abilities of an Impreza is a bloody good car. Do worries.

People will always have a go at wagons vs saloon, WR Blue (with Gold Wheels) versus every other colour blah blah blah, new age vs old age classics etc - You will at least be distinct amongst Imprezas - and whether people like the car or not they will all know what it is.

Rest assured that it is one of the best that has ever been brought into this country by IM/Subaru and stands well alongside a P1 etc etc.

All the very best with the car and enjoy it - just make sure you keep it for a while to negate all the negative equity you will have for a while. Drive it like it should be driven and don't over pamper it but ALWAYS warm it up and cool it down properly, get it serviced AND get it oil serviced every 3 - 4,000 miles as well.

Look after it and it will be a solid, reliable, (and contrary to what others say) well built car. I love my 2003 WRX and even though it is only running just over 250 BHP (with exhaust, STI filter etc mods) it is great with the Prodrive springs, whiteline chasis stuff and VERY soon to be upgraded brakes this week.

You can have a laugh on the road with 100 BHP of a good car so 300 + will have you grinning like hell

It's not in the fine print of the figures it's how it makes you feel on the road that is important and i GAURANTEE when you pick it up you will not stop grinning!! And every time you take her out to "play".

Brian.
Old 17 August 2004, 03:11 PM
Cold Turkey
Scooby Regular

Cool

Thanks Brian. I don't need to ignore them, I quite enjoy the banter to be honest. In fact I can be a bit of a **** stirrer! But none of it seems to be personal on this BBS and being an old hand at the Internet (16yrs+) I'm used to the multitude of character types you get on community boards like these.

I've already experienced the grin factor. I don't spend 30k without doing my research first !! I had a fantastic few weekends testing, amongst others, an M3, 350z and ITR. All great motors but the WR1 did it for me more.

I'm looking forward to ...

getting her run in !
my first scooby wave
my first appearance in 'was it you'
taking her on a 1stlotus day

Hhmm, bugger all chance of me getting any work done this afternoon !
Old 17 August 2004, 03:16 PM
CustomScoobyIOM
Scooby Regular

Enjoy it mate

Your car you be happy with it!

My colour is rarer than yours LOL! Sorry couldnt resist
Old 17 August 2004, 08:30 PM
Squirrel_Head
Scooby Newbie

Location: ScoobyNet member since 1998, wish we could change user name without losing profile history...

Originally Posted by Cold Turkey

I'm looking forward to ...

taking her on a 1stlotus day
Took my WR1 over to the 1st Lotus day and had the time of my life. I was grinning from ear to ear for days after that. Believe me, you'll have the time of your life. I was worried at first taking my new motor round "the corner" and the first few runs I only managed 40-45MPH. By the end of the day was flying round there at 90MPH and still felt like the car had plenty more to go. Seriously thinking about going back for another day, was so impressed.

Enjoy your new motor m8
Old 17 August 2004, 08:31 PM
Squirrel_Head
Scooby Newbie

Location: ScoobyNet member since 1998, wish we could change user name without losing profile history...

Originally Posted by CustomScoobyIOM
Enjoy it mate

Your car you be happy with it!

My colour is rarer than yours LOL! Sorry couldnt resist
Any car I own ends up black after a few weeks anyway...