Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Minolta Dynax 3000i 35mm

Search this Thread

Old 10 August 2004, 12:24 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Minolta Dynax 3000i 35mm

Anyone know what Lenses the above camera uses, and can they be used on a digital camera body, and if so, which bodies

Its not for me, as I have just bought a D30
Old 10 August 2004, 12:26 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It uses Minolta AF lenses - Minolta are not launching their Dynax DSLR until the autumn. Don't think the lenses would work on other non-Minolta DSLRs, unless there are some adaptors (which would not be ideal).

Last edited by imlach; 10 August 2004 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10 August 2004, 10:15 AM
tucker101uk
Scooby Regular

I am sure that a film lense will not work on a digital camera. The film lense projects the image onto a mirror which reflects onto the backplate, anf when the shutter is opened, the backplate image is burnt onto the film (if you like). With a digital lense, none of this happens. The image is simply collected electronically from the lense, and manipulated into the camera where it is saved.

Im sure they wont work.
Old 10 August 2004, 10:49 AM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tucker101uk
I am sure that a film lense will not work on a digital camera. The film lense projects the image onto a mirror which reflects onto the backplate, anf when the shutter is opened, the backplate image is burnt onto the film (if you like). With a digital lense, none of this happens. The image is simply collected electronically from the lense, and manipulated into the camera where it is saved.

Im sure they wont work.
Incorrect. Normal 'film' lenses as you put it work fine on all sorts of digital SLRs, eg Canon EOS lenses on Canon DSLRs for example.
The focal length just ends up being different because of the smaller sensor size (ie, it's not 35mm). The sensor is in the same position in the camera as the film in a 35mm SLR.
Old 10 August 2004, 11:11 AM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Just to confirm that the Minolta lenses will not work in conjunction with the Digital version which is why I had to jump ship to Canon.

Old 10 August 2004, 11:38 AM
ChrisB

That's a bit crap Faire

I've got a Dynax 5 and was hoping the glass might fit whatever Minolta bring out...
Old 10 August 2004, 11:47 AM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

Originally Posted by Faire D'Income
Just to confirm that the Minolta lenses will not work in conjunction with the Digital version which is why I had to jump ship to Canon.

Do you have confirmation from Minolta about that? Seems a bit of a daft thing to do, as it leaves Minolta users to wander off to Nikon or Canon etc.

Expensive glass has always been a way of keeping customers in the SLR world.

From dp-now.com......

"Of the little information made available about the new camera, we do know it will take current A mount Minolta AF lenses "

Not official, but there seems to be very little official info being released about it at the moment.

Geezer
Old 10 August 2004, 12:39 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Now I've thought about it, my information may not be that accurate as I bought a Canon Rebel (300D in the UK) last Christmas for around £500.00 instead of another Minolta because my SLR lenses wouldn't fit onto the current (at that time) Minolta model which wasn't a SLR type digital camera.

As you say, it would be a bit daft to take this approach but now I've made the shift it doesn't bother me so much, other than having to sell my old Dynax.
Old 10 August 2004, 06:37 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I read on the Minolta Usa site, that the Dynax 7 Digital SLR will take Minolta A mount AF Lenses

Thanks for the help anyway, but looks like my Sis may have to buy everything new then

S