macaroni disaster

Search this Thread

Old 03 August 2004, 07:22 PM
David_Dickson
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default macaroni disaster

Was having a ****e day at work today.
Actually, who am I kidding, every day is a ****e day at work, but this morning was worse than normal.

Anyway, lunchtime comes and I head off to the local burger-van. Todays special was macaroni cheese. Nice. I like this. Its usually quite runny, but tastes fantastic. Bought a double portion, which was served up in one of those polystyrene covered tray things.

Dunno what the hell happened, but while getting back into the car I managed to catch the edge of the tray on the seat and spill the macaroni everywhere. Im not talking about a wee pile on the floor of the car, I somehow managed to splatter it all over the fooking interior.

I said nothing. A few deep breaths and I regained my karma and off I went back to work. The majority of the macaroni had gone down between the seats (stripped interior with bucket seats) the rest was in the footwells and on the dashboard, with some in the passenger side door pocket..

Suddenly the yummy macaroni was an awful lot less appealing as I attempted to clean it up. I had one some rubber gloves and was scooping big handfulls of the stuff up. Unfortunately it was all stuck in the seat runners, and there was no hope of getting it cleaned up well. Cheese sauce everywhere. The car was beginning to stink already.

I flipped...

Totaly lost the plot...

On its own, this incident was distressing, but relatively minor. But in conjunction with all the other ****e I have going on just now, this really was the straw that broke the camels back.
Remember that John Cleese sketch where his car wont start and he is having a huge screamer at it..." right, thats it, im going to give you a damn good thrashing" and he rips down a tree branch and starts hitting his car with it? This was kind of like that, I was stamping round shouting and slamming the doors and generally having a tantrum.

Drove the car into the washbay, fired up the big pressure washer, opened the doors and let rip....

Yes, I jetwashed the inside of my car...

Bits of macarnoi flinging about and sticking to the roof and stuff like that. Eventually I got it all cleaned off the seats etc, but I now had 4 or 5 inches of watery macaroni soup in all the footwells.
Gross.

Got the wet`n`dry hoover out and sooked it all up. Had to empty the hoover twice in the process of doing this. The stuff that came out the tank was unspeakably rank.

Put a heater and dehumidifier in the car and left it all afternoon, so it is now quite dry inside, but there is still a slight aroma of cheese in it.

Old 03 August 2004, 07:24 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

ROFLMAO

sry - that made my day
Old 03 August 2004, 08:03 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

ROTFPMSL!!!!!

FUNNIEST STORY IN AGES!!!!!!

Dan
Old 03 August 2004, 08:23 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

excellent, may your car stink forever, I know exactly how you feel , I had to put a dashboard car fire out once, all I had to hand was 2 pints of milk

I can still smell it now
Old 03 August 2004, 08:43 PM
STi 7
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David_Dickson
Drove the car into the washbay, fired up the big pressure washer, opened the doors and let rip....

Yes, I jetwashed the inside of my car...

Bits of macarnoi flinging about and sticking to the roof and stuff like that.
LOL... Thats a classic, but the stress it must have caused... the impossible to clean places... :P
Old 03 August 2004, 08:58 PM
CooperS
Scooby Regular

Hahahaha quality!!

Am I a bad person for laughing? oops!

MJ, yours is proper funny too, milk (now a cheese product) in your vents....nice!!
Old 03 August 2004, 09:04 PM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

ewww at now a cheese product! lol

quality sorry but i had to laugh at that! did the jetwash get the interior nice and clean? may try it myself

Trending Topics

Old 03 August 2004, 09:20 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Nice story - bit of a cheesy plotline tho'

ooooo... baaaddd...

Sorry

TBH - It think the jetwash was probably the best thing to do - in fact I'd be tempted again and get the VAX hoover thingy out again...
Old 03 August 2004, 09:23 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

ROFL Brilliant