My "contentious" thread

Search this Thread

Old 21 July 2004, 02:05 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My "contentious" thread

My feelings (now the brain of britain closed it for no real reason) is:

Children at such a young age should be given the opportunity to be brought up in a normal family environment. An environment where their dad plays dad.....and there mum plays mum. He can talk to his dad about certain issues, and end up crying in his mothers arms when he falls over, or hurts him/herself. Having a woman and a man maintains a natural equilibrium of life thus allowing a child to grow up in the fundamenatal normal surroundings of a family home.

2 men should not be allowed to adopt children.

2 women should not be allowed to adopt children.

Standards in this country are dropping every day and things are being considered more and more acceptable due to an ever growing population - thus more and more numbers of people are trying to break the norm by claiming their actions are normal.

I despair and ask myself.....have we moved forward?? No, we've simply come to a point where you can get away with anything by saying "ooohh we're in the year 2004 you know".

Children need a normal, steady environment. Homosexuality is not normal. It is odd, abnormal and not how we were meant to be. Our physical make up is evidence to this claim. If the entire world was heterosexual we would continue as a race...if we were all homosexual we would cease as a species within 80 or so years.

My points are strong yet honest and I believe to be true.

Men who are in a relationship must realise that some things are no longer viable for them. Bringing up children is one of them.

This is my opinion and that is that.

I don't expect everyone to agree but I do ask I don't get abuse for being honest ; as honesty in this day and age seems to be increasingly rarer and rarer.

Last edited by Senior_AP; 21 July 2004 at 02:07 PM.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:17 PM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

you big fukcin poof!
Old 21 July 2004, 02:18 PM
The Guv'nor
Scooby Regular

Location: Heartbreak Hotel, Paradise City, New York, New York.

Well I agree with you but then again there is never any doubt considering how homophobic I am!

T.G.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:20 PM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

However, personally speaking I would rather have a gay couple (male or female) adopt or have children that they love and care for and bring up to be good and well rounded members of society than a child who has a "normal" mother and father who can't give a toss about their children. Would rather be down the pub, watching TV etc, who are abusive to each other/and their children.

There are too many "normal" people bringing up children that are not fit to be parents...the ones you see in the supermarket swearing at and infront of their own children and other children for example. So are they any better at raising children?

Frankly, we have more important things to worry about in life as to whether a gay couple should or should not be allowed to have children. Just because they are gay, it does not mean they cannot make excellent parents.

I have a number of gay friends - male and female and I wouldn't have any worries in the slightest if they had to look after my child because of my incapacity.

Most gay people wouldn't choose to be gay - given the homophobia that is around in society - they are born that way - They are human like everyone else, have the same fears and goals and are muddling through life like the rest of us.

Some food for thought?

Jamie
Old 21 July 2004, 02:21 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davyboy
you big fukcin poof!

I've slept in your house.....!! I've drank your beer!!

Old 21 July 2004, 02:22 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cheeky Jim

There are too many "normal" people bringing up children that are not fit to be parents...the ones you see in the supermarket swearing at and infront of their own children and other children for example. So are they any better at raising children?

Jamie

Thats a question of attitude and not sexuality....thus totally irrelevent.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:27 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Frankly, we have more important things to worry about in life as to whether a gay couple should or should not be allowed to have children. Just because they are gay, it does not mean they cannot make excellent parents.

Jamie
I agree.....but the question wasn't "would two male partners make good parents". I don't doubt in some cases they would.

The question was the morality of putting a child into the care of a homosexual couple without being old enough to make a choice....FACT the child will have alot of problems as a direct resultant of being placed in such a predicament.

Unfair, selfish.

Stephen Gately tried this with his partner. They should put there selfish wants aside and think "if we do adopt this child what pressures we are placing upon him/her by doing this".
Old 21 July 2004, 02:27 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
Homosexuality is not normal. It is odd, abnormal and not how we were meant to be. Our physical make up is evidence to this claim.
Yes, but given these minorities do exist, why persecute them? There's always been a huge debate over whether it is genetic or not. No-one really knows.

They are still human. You are focussing in on only one aspect of their lives.

Does this mean that a father widowed by his wife dying in childbirth should not be allowed to bring up a child?
Old 21 July 2004, 02:30 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imlach
Yes, but given these minorities do exist, why persecute them? There's always been a huge debate over whether it is genetic or not. No-one really knows.

They are still human. You are focussing in on only one aspect of their lives.

Does this mean that a father widowed by his wife dying in childbirth should not be allowed to bring up a child?

I am not "persecuting" them.

The only person that would be persecuted is an innocent child that would be victimised because of someones bright idea to allow 2 homosexuals to bring him up.

The situation to which you refer is entirely different.....why?? Cos it is his own child and will probably end up with another GIRLfriend who can assist.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:31 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

The question was the morality of putting a child into the care of a homosexual couple without being old enough to make a choice....FACT the child will have alot of problems as a direct resultant of being placed in such a predicament.
..and the morality of putting a child in the care of :

1) alcoholics
2) domestic violence
3) crime
4) drug users

People adopting have to go through rigorous checks. Those pro-creating of their own accord have no checks before childbirth to assertain suitability as parents.

I should think vetted homosexuals would make better parents than a %-age of unvetted "natural" parents.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:31 PM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

B*llocks..........It maybe attitude, but it is totally relevant....

Just because you are gay does not mean you cannot be a good parent...

Which is effectively what you are saying... Being Gay should automatically exclude you from having or adopting children because they are not fit to be parents.

You are saying being gay means by default you shouldn't be a parent....when in fact being gay or not is irrelevant to parenthood!!

Being a parent is about nurturing your children and bringin them up to be confident, well rounded, contributory members of society. Being gay does not exclude you from achieving this...

So far you haven't made any points that support your argument... given homosexuality has been round for 4000 years + it can't simply be labelled as "wrong" - it's a different way of life and given the world's population is increasing exponentially then it shows that for the small % of the worlds population that are gay - being a good or bad parent is again irrelevant for the most part in this argument.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:32 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Latent anti-gay prejudices coming to the fore....
Old 21 July 2004, 02:32 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

..and the morality of putting a child in the care of :

1) alcoholics
2) domestic violence
3) crime
4) drug users

People adopting have to go through rigorous checks. Those pro-creating of their own accord have no checks before childbirth to assertain suitability as parents.

I should think vetted homosexuals would make better parents than a %-age of unvetted "natural" parents.

Good argument for vetting potential parents then.

And....AGAIN!!! I am not saying 2 men wouldn't make good parents however the situation would be grossly out of their control.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:34 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Latent anti-gay prejudices coming to the fore....

Change the record nobber.

I'm "pro" the child not anti the gay. I say again, I know homosexual blokes who are decent people and I have no problem with them.

For gods sake.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:35 PM
tiggers
Scooby Regular

Change the record nobber.
I hope even you can see the irony of you saying that
Old 21 July 2004, 02:36 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

B*llocks..........It maybe attitude, but it is totally relevant....

Just because you are gay does not mean you cannot be a good parent...

Which is effectively what you are saying... Being Gay should automatically exclude you from having or adopting children because they are not fit to be parents.

You are saying being gay means by default you shouldn't be a parent....when in fact being gay or not is irrelevant to parenthood!!

Being a parent is about nurturing your children and bringin them up to be confident, well rounded, contributory members of society. Being gay does not exclude you from achieving this...

So far you haven't made any points that support your argument... given homosexuality has been round for 4000 years + it can't simply be labelled as "wrong" - it's a different way of life and given the world's population is increasing exponentially then it shows that for the small % of the worlds population that are gay - being a good or bad parent is again irrelevant for the most part in this argument.

Skim the tpost....jump to conclusions.

WHEN did I say:

A. Gay couple would make bad parents.
B. Gayness (if thats a word) id "wrong".

Hmm??!?!?

YEAH NEVER. SO READ MY POSTS PROPERLY!!!!!
imlach
Scooby Regular

I say again, I know homosexual blokes who are decent people and I have no problem with them.

For gods sake.
Maybe you'd like to print out all the views from your threads, and show them to these friends and let them comment
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Nobber? Hmm, sorry you can't keep this civil.

You have no experience of gay parentage, nor probably know anyone brought up in those circumstances. Your opinions are therefore just that, opinions.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:37 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tiggers
I hope even you can see the irony of you saying that
lol. I do now you mention it.

Good to see someone calming this down. I had to bite my tongue on my closed thread.

Deep breath, glass of water.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:39 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Nobber? Hmm, sorry you can't keep this civil.

You have no experience of gay parentage, nor probably know anyone brought up in those circumstances. Your opinions are therefore just that, opinions.

I'm not aware that gay parentage had any scientific fact associated to it, so for now I (like you) can only use opinion.

I said nobber cos I was being accused of saying gays are bad parents and gayness is wrong. Both of which I've said on numerous occasions is NOT the case.

People accusing me of saying something I didn't cos they skim the post instead of reading it.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:40 PM
Cheeky Jim
Scooby Regular

AND - why do you think it is acceptable to raise this anyway?

You may as well say Disabled folk can't adopt either......or blind people or people with a artificial leg etc etc

Your quote "FACT the child will have alot of problems as a direct resultant of being placed in such a predicament.

Unfair, selfish. "

Does that apply to as well? or only to gay people?
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

My post specifically used the word "latent", AP. It was fully intentional.
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

The issue of a male/female couple having their own child and abusing it isn't the same argument as should a homosexual couple be allowed to adopt a child. No one is saying the first thing the homosexual couple will so once the child is in thier control is abuse it. The argument is whether they should be allowed to adopt as their chosen sexual preference goes against the natural laws of species relationship.

A better argument would be a hetrosexual couple who cannot have children of thier own go through the adoption process and are judged to be good candidates for adopting a child. A homosexual couple go through the same process and again are judged to be good candidates. Should the homosexual couple be allowed to adopt?
Old 21 July 2004, 02:41 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Interesting that for the rest of the mamals and higher order species being non hetro-sexual is a significant disadvantage from a Darwinian perspective. It is only because society makes allowances that homosexuality continues to be so prevalent. Not passing judgement, just an observation.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:41 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Maybe you'd like to print out all the views from your threads, and show them to these friends and let them comment
Fortunately, them....like me ; accept opinion and they Quote: "Wouldn't want to bring up a child due to the obvious problems this would place upon the child throughout childhood". I say quote...words to that effect.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:43 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
The issue of a male/female couple having their own child and abusing it isn't the same argument as should a homosexual couple be allowed to adopt a child. No one is saying the first thing the homosexual couple will so once the child is in thier control is abuse it. The argument is whether they should be allowed to adopt as their chosen sexual preference goes against the natural laws of species relationship.

A better argument would be a hetrosexual couple who cannot have children of thier own go through the adoption process and are judged to be good candidates for adopting a child. A homosexual couple go through the same process and again are judged to be good candidates. Should the homosexual couple be allowed to adopt?
A rational argument, again thank you for adding a calm input instead of ranting, skimming over posts and jumping on the "Senior_AP thinks gyas are bad, wrong and would make bad parents" nonsense.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:44 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
Interesting that for the rest of the mamals and higher order species being non hetro-sexual is a significant disadvantage from a Darwinian perspective. It is only because society makes allowances that homosexuality continues to be so prevalent. Not passing judgement, just an observation.
I'd go along with that, OllyK.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:44 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EddScott
I think the point that some are making is that being homosexual excludes them from being a good candidate as it is likely to open the child up to ridicule and bullying. While a valid point to an extent, kids can usually find plenty of things to taught and bully other kids about, have gay parents is just additional amunition.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:47 PM
The Guv'nor
Scooby Regular

Location: Heartbreak Hotel, Paradise City, New York, New York.

But wouldn't a male child brought up by 2 gay dads be taught "man love" was okay hence perpetuating it?

T.G.
Old 21 July 2004, 02:47 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

AND - why do you think it is acceptable to raise this anyway?

You may as well say Disabled folk can't adopt either......or blind people or people with a artificial leg etc etc

Your quote "FACT the child will have alot of problems as a direct resultant of being placed in such a predicament.

Unfair, selfish. "

Does that apply to as well? or only to gay people?
We're discussing homosexuality. One thing at a time. Open your own thread if you want....

Quick Reply: My "contentious" thread