Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

So thats what road rage is!!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 July 2004, 01:04 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry So thats what road rage is!!!

Driving through a 30mph today when a guy comes flying up behind me in a Megane Scenic with foglights on (bright sunshine ) Proceeds to drive about a Rizla paper away from the back bumper of the Mini (I'm in the wifes car) all the way through the 30.
When we come out onto the 50mph I speed up to speed limit and he's still about 50mm away from the bumper but unable to get past as traffic coming. He has the wife & kids in the car and and I can see he's getting steamed at being unable to get by. Eventually he pulls out (just missing me) pulls back in just missing me and blasts the horn - gives the finger etc.
I can see he's a big fat shaven headed geezer so I think tosser and give him the Gareth Hunt coffee shake. He slows up & stops and as I can't get past I pull up behind him.
Out he gets and I can see his wife going mental so I think get out & kick his head in , lock doors & windows etc but eventually decide to go for the intimidation reply. As he gets near the car I open the window fully and my dog goes nuts as he hates someone near the car. He's trying to get out at the geezer and as he's a mastiff his head just about fills the window. All the guy can see is the dogs teeth & red eyes. Geezer stands & shouts abuse from a safe distance and then realising there's about 10 people watching goes back to his car jumps in and roars off. By the way - wheelock was at the ready to bounce off his skull if necessary.
Point is what if this was my wife being threatened. Thinking about reporting it but nothing will happen probably. Just away now to wipe off all the snot & slobber on my shoulder and the window frame from the dog
Alas
Old 19 July 2004, 01:09 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I can't be doing with tail gaters.

Either slow down and get them past, or overtake the person in front and put them in as a blocker between you, nasty but effective!
Old 19 July 2004, 01:10 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

If you got his reg plate I would report him. Police will go round and give him a producer. It will **** him off so do it!!
Old 19 July 2004, 01:11 PM
RayC
Scooby Regular

The world is full of tossers, sad bit is if your dog had protected you and bitten him you would have been the one strung up.

I personally cant understand the idiots who tailagte people who are observing the speed limit, there is a section of road on my way to work, it is quite long and staright, but has two schools and numerous turnings as it is aresidential area, i try very hard to stick to 30 as the kids dive out wiht out looking almost daily, the number of times people have overtaken and narrowly avoided a car coming out of a side road is frightening, we also get Urban heros who think they can drive fast in a 30 limit, when you get out the other side into country roads they ***** out at 40-50mph you have speed cameras to thank for not having enough real police to deal wiht these problems
Old 19 July 2004, 01:11 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by OllyK
I can't be doing with tail gaters.

Either slow down and get them past, or overtake the person in front and put them in as a blocker between you, nasty but effective!

I drive below the limit by 2mph. The limit is the LIMIT, not the suggested speed. Occasionally dabbing my brake to make them think I'm erratic so they ease back.....works well on the M1 as I do 110 miles every day on it.

The guy on this thread sounds like a nutter.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:12 PM
supertouring
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Alas
He has the wife & kids in the car
He obviously thinks a lot of his family with stunts like that!
Old 19 July 2004, 01:18 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Senior_AP
I drive below the limit by 2mph. The limit is the LIMIT, not the suggested speed. Occasionally dabbing my brake to make them think I'm erratic so they ease back.....works well on the M1 as I do 110 miles every day on it.

The guy on this thread sounds like a nutter.
Is that 2mph below actual or via the speedo? Chances are, if the speedo is reading 60mph you are doing more like 55mph anyway, certainly the case in my Scoob.

Not keen on the brake dabbing idea, that is likely to fustrate them more and may result in an accident. OK at least you can smile and say "I was in the right" when you are lying in a hospital bed full of tubes.

On the motorway, I'd be looking to pull over to the left as soon as possible (usual practice) anyway, unless I was in lane 1 already. If I can't do that then I'd slow to ensure that I have double the required braking distance between me and the vehicle in front. If the muppet behind isn't going to think, then you have to do it for him until you are in a position to get out of his way and let him by.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:21 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Red face

Not keen on the brake dabbing idea, that is likely to fustrate them more and may result in an accident.
Agreed....

Sheer stupidity IMHO
Old 19 July 2004, 01:22 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Is that 2mph below actual or via the speedo? Chances are, if the speedo is reading 60mph you are doing more like 55mph anyway, certainly the case in my Scoob.

Not keen on the brake dabbing idea, that is likely to fustrate them more and may result in an accident. OK at least you can smile and say "I was in the right" when you are lying in a hospital bed full of tubes.
I touch the brakes so the light comes on but the brakes do not engage in the slightest. The worry and think I'll brake for no reason - hence they ease back a bit.

As for speedo, if mine is reading 58, the guy behind me is likely to as well.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:23 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SiPie
Agreed....

Sheer stupidity IMHO

Read my reply...conclusion jumper!!
Old 19 July 2004, 01:28 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

I touch the brakes so the light comes on but the brakes do not engage in the slightest. The worry and think I'll brake for no reason - hence they ease back a bit.
I have read your reply and the conclusion stands.......

They are tailgating you and you make an 'imaginary' dab of the brakes but they won't differentiate and instead of :
hence they ease back a bit.
they slam on their brakes to avoid running into the back of you cause they're ability to drive properly and safely is obviously **** anyway and cause an accident somewhere else further down the line with unnecessary panic braking......

Not denying that I haven't done this myself

I'm just saying it ain't clever .....

Old 19 July 2004, 01:28 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Brake dabbing is a dangerous game. What you perceive as making somebody think you're erratic might to the person behind you look as if you're just trying to wind them up.

The only time the person in front rritates me is when the don't move over when they can. Unfortunately, many people just don't appreciate how quickly cars like ours can pass them, so they think they'll be inconvenienced, or forced to slow down in the midddle lane. I need a "This won't take long, fookin' move over" sign on the front...!
Old 19 July 2004, 01:32 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't it amazing that these people are in so much of a hurry that they have to sit on your bumper, yet when they see a coffee shake they suddenly have time to stop and have a chat

Nice story about the dog...
Old 19 July 2004, 01:35 PM
Muffleman
Scooby Regular

I had something similiar, but the car behind was a woman and her two young children.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no saint - and the occasional profanity escapes my lips (ahem).

But to get so enraged, swearing via shouting and gesturing etc, is this really a good example for your kids ?!?

Very sad indeed.

Matt
(clippety clopping off into the sunset on his high horse )
Old 19 July 2004, 01:36 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I have read your reply and the conclusion stands.......

They are tailgating you and you make an 'imaginary' dab of the brakes but they won't differentiate and instead of :

they slam on their brakes to avoid running into the back of you cause they're ability to drive properly and safely is obviously **** anyway and cause an accident somewhere else further down the line with unnecessary panic braking......

Not denying that I haven't done this myself

I'm just saying it ain't clever .....

If everyone was driving a proper distance there wouldn't be an accident. Tupperware club on the outside lane drive to close hence you'll rarely see me use the outside (slow) lane.

If it antoginises them.....GOOD!!! They're a ****, **** them off. I go to work content that he heasn't pissed me off and his bad attitude has backfired and caused him more stress.

F$ck 'em. If he is such a stressy **** then allow him to have a heart attack at the wheel cos of his attitude.

Brake lighting aint clever I know....but f$ck 'em.

You probably realise I drive alot and get this often.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:41 PM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Brendan - coffee time , nice one

Reason for keeping to speed limit on this road is it is crawling with police due to being a major navy base on it. Typical none were around today to catch the fat ****. You start to think did I do something wrong, and finally I had to admit I did. I should have run the git over when he got out his car. Then smash his foglights for good measure.
Dog enjoyed it though
Alas
Old 19 July 2004, 01:42 PM
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

... and the others that may get injured in the resulting accident

I've said my bit

<leaves shaking his head>
Old 19 July 2004, 01:51 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Think SiPie has covered this.

As for speedo, if mine is reading 58, the guy behind me is likely to as well.
Nope speedos are have to be -0% to +10% IIRC. So at 70mph there could be a 7mph discrepancy. My Scoob consitently overreads by about 5mph round the clock to 70. The misses' Pug overreads by about 1-2mph. Besides I don't hold much store in the "limits" set anyway, many of them are wrong, many are way under what is safe, and many others are over. Worse still they are not dynamic to take account of the conditions, so having a "I'll stick 2mph below the speed limit and I'll be OK" attitude is, IMO rather dangerous. I'd rather somebody has assesed the road and is travelling at an appropriate speed, even if that is 75mph on a deserted motorway, at least they have carried out the risk assessment. I'd be more confident in their judgement to drive safetly than somebody who bimbles eveywhere at Limit -2 mph
Old 19 July 2004, 01:53 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I've said my bit

If they're driving too close its there fault.

I wouldn't do this in massive queues of traffic anyway.

If on a road where someone (one, 1, single, une) is tailgaiting me...NOT a queue of vehicles.

You all assume, loads of people assume on this site.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:54 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

I've said my bit

I'm with you on this SiPie. Why antagonise others for your own personal satisfaction and risk other people's lives to boot??
Old 19 July 2004, 01:54 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

F$ck 'em. If he is such a stressy **** then allow him to have a heart attack at the wheel cos of his attitude.

Don't like what i'm reading here. You need to have a quiet word with yourself mate, before you, or somebody else, suffers from your actions.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:55 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I'm with you on this SiPie. Why antagonise others for your own personal satisfaction and risk other people's lives to boot??

Read above......my post.

You to are assuming.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:56 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Thumbs down

Whats the point of driving everywhere at 2 mph under the limit? Then lighting up the brake light? You're a victim waiting to happen.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:56 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
Don't like what i'm reading here. You need to have a quiet word with yourself mate, before you, or somebody else, suffers from your actions.
Another assumer.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:57 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
Whats the point of driving everywhere at 2 mph under the limit? Then lighting up the brake light? You're a victim waiting to happen.
To make the ****-piece behind realise what he's doing....so he (hopefully) f$cks off.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:57 PM
Regacy
Scooby Regular

Unhappy DON'T DO IT, IT'S NOT A GAME IF YOU DON'T KNOW THE STAKES

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/kent/3865897.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3896053.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/b...ts/3885025.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cumbria/3900897.stm
Old 19 July 2004, 01:58 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

If they're driving too close its there fault.
Great, they are driving too close, so rather than you driving responsibly, you provoke them, causing them to possibly swerve in to another lane due to braking too hard and taking out innocent people to their side, and you bimble on saying "Well they were in the wrong" when your actions started the ball rolling??

And you don't do this when the motorway is busy? So if there are no cars around you, what are you doing out of lane 1 anyway?? Maybe it is you middle lane hogging that is upsetting everybody??

So which is it?? Nobody is about so you are a middle lane hog, or people are about and you enjoy endangering other people's lives?? Make your choice!
Old 19 July 2004, 01:59 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Another assumer.

How much assumption is there from "**** them"???
Old 19 July 2004, 02:01 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Great, they are driving too close, so rather than you driving responsibly, you provoke them, causing them to possibly swerve in to another lane due to braking too hard and taking out innocent people to their side, and you bimble on saying "Well they were in the wrong" when your actions started the ball rolling??

And you don't do this when the motorway is busy? So if there are no cars around you, what are you doing out of lane 1 anyway?? Maybe it is you middle lane hogging that is upsetting everybody??

So which is it?? Nobody is about so you are a middle lane hog, or people are about and you enjoy endangering other people's lives?? Make your choice!

Read post 19 please. EVERYBODY READ POST 19 FFS!!!!

I am most certainly not a middle lane hogger. I use lane 1 as it maintains a smooth speed. I don't tailgate, I don't intentionally p!ss people off.

Tailgating is stupid.

Touching the brake so the light flicks on, people ease off if they are up your ****. If they swerve out the way then they're p!ssed or something as I'M NOT ENGAGING THE BRAKES.
Old 19 July 2004, 02:04 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TelBoy
How much assumption is there from "**** them"???

If they're driving too close then yeah, f$ck 'em. I suggested a blind on the rear window that had "lane discipline" written across it that could be electrricaly operated in the past - I was told I was "wrong" there as well.

Remember all of this is "IMO".

Quick Reply: So thats what road rage is!!!