Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Does anybody find nightclubs rather boring??

Search this Thread

Old 08 July 2004, 08:43 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody find nightclubs rather boring??

I was out Saturday night. Having a good time in the bars/pubs....but when I got to the club I just thought to myself "how boring is this"!!

What do people do in a club, besides dance?? I might have a quick 20 minute boogie but other than that (and looking at birds) its all a bit Zzzz Zzzz Zzzzz

Or am I just being a miserable old git? lol
Old 08 July 2004, 08:46 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't often go clubbing but if i do the music is key to the night. If it's just ungy bungy dance ****e then a crap night is had. Bring on the 60's, 70's and 80's tunes
Old 08 July 2004, 08:46 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

They're s**t. Unless you make money from them.

However, a field on a mid-summer night with a big nasty sound system and a couple of marquees setup and you are looking at a magical night out - all night!!

UB
Old 08 July 2004, 08:50 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck

However, a field on a mid-summer night with a big nasty sound system and a couple of marquees setup and you are looking at a magical night out - all night!!

UB

Yeah, they're just rooms full of sweaty p!ssed up blokes learing on birds.....and birds getting the **** cos they're being leared on by men!!

I lear myself so not totally innocent though a few beers is why that happens.

£10 to get in, walk around, spend £3.50 a pint and go home. So, that's like £30 on F$CK ALL!! Damn.
Old 08 July 2004, 08:55 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

The key word here is *beer*. Sustitute that for mineral water and err... luv remedies and the party really kicks off!!

Not that I get to do it that much these days...
Old 08 July 2004, 08:57 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

>What do people do in a club, besides dance??
What else do you wanna do in a club man? If you wanna play Golf, you will go to Golf course wouldn't you?
Dance clubs are not boring.They are great.You just dance n dance n dance until your feet give up.Forget about everything and anything..........
Dance is like a state of trance for me to just travel into the land of joy where there is no sorrow,no trouble,no stress.Thats why I like clubs.Good music,bright lights,so many happy people.......Its cool !It turns me on! I dont care about guys and girls or chatting up kinda businesses.
Old 08 July 2004, 09:01 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
>What do people do in a club, besides dance??
What else do you wanna do in a club man? If you wanna play Golf, you will go to Golf course wouldn't you?
Dance clubs are not boring.They are great.You just dance n dance n dance until your feet give up.Forget about everything and anything..........
Dance is like a state of trance for me to just travel into the land of joy where there is no sorrow,no trouble,no stress.Thats why I like clubs.Good music,bright lights,so many happy people.......Its cool !It turns me on! I dont care about guys and girls or chatting up kinda businesses.

The clubs round my way tend to play ****e music though. Very rarely does the music "uplift me".

So, if music's ****e.....its all a bit ****e.
Old 08 July 2004, 09:04 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Nightclubs? OK if your on drugs and on the pull I guess. Dancing? Whats that all about then

ps I'm an old fart
Old 08 July 2004, 09:05 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by Jye
Nightclubs? OK if your on drugs and on the pull I guess. Dancing? Whats that all about then

ps I'm an old fart

Could try drugs - might help matters. They're dangerous though aren't they....?!?!?
Old 08 July 2004, 09:13 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

where do you live? I'm sure there's a few real 'clubs' near that you could check out and not the local ritzy!
Old 08 July 2004, 09:15 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STi wanna Subaru
where do you live? I'm sure there's a few real 'clubs' near that you could check out and not the local ritzy!

We used to have a local Ritzy. Northampton mate.
Old 08 July 2004, 09:17 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Could try drugs - might help matters. They're dangerous though aren't they....?!?!?
Yeah, you end up going to nightclubs when you take em
Old 08 July 2004, 09:18 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Depends what nightclubs you're going to

Old 08 July 2004, 09:18 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

From what I recal there's not that many good clubs in Northampton, although I think there's a decent bar that somebody on here had a hand in the night.... Give me a min or two and I'll see what I can did up. I think the bloke is NAT?? (some number)
Old 08 July 2004, 09:20 PM
16vmarc
Scooby Regular

I find night clubs boring too, would rather go round bars all night.
Old 08 July 2004, 09:23 PM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

UB
Just so long as there aren't more than 20 of you though UB
Old 08 July 2004, 09:23 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

Tim, stop pluggin yer shots for the photo comp

btw I doubt a Chemical Bros gig is what SAP is talking about
Old 08 July 2004, 09:41 PM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

It seams I was right about Northampton and you don;t have anything I would consider to be a 'club'

I personally would take the opportunity to have a little road trip! Get on www.laterooms.com and find a reasonable hotel in either Birmingham or London (dunno which is closer to you?)

Lets take Birmingham as an example. coming up next Friday looks a top night out to me!

GODSKITCHEN

FRIDAY 16TH JULY 2004

STEVE LAWLER / HERNAN CATTANEO / SCARLETT ETIENNE
HYPER / ALI B / PAUL THOMAS
REBEKAH / MIKEE LAZY

Fresh from the Space Terrace Birmingham’s very own Steve Lawler will be returning for one night only for his first ever GODSKITCHEN date. The Brummie Boy Wonder will be bringing the sunshine and sexy house to AIR for his first weekend date in Birmingham for over 5 years.

House will be the order of the day in the Oxygen Arena as Lawler takes centre stage with his flawless grooves and damn right dirty beats. As if this wasn’t enough South American super star HERNAN CATTANEO will be dropping in to put his own spin on things and keep the floor looking lively. The beautifully talented SCARLETT ETIENNE will also be in attendance warming up for the boys and adding a certain amount of glamour to proceedings.

Room 2 will provide a taste of Global Gathering’s first breaks arena as ALI B returns to the Nitrogen Room with the incredible HYPER in tow for a night of eclectic breaks and beats. Having whipped up a storm in June you can be sure this room will be rocking from start to finish. As always the Carbon Lounge will be sizzling with beats and bounce from Birmingham’s finest MIKEE LAZY and REBEKAH.

Get ready for one of the coolest nights on the Birmingham calendar as Lawler and co bring down the house for this very special Godskitchen event.

9:30pm – 4:00am / Tickets: £12 / Call Ticket Master on 08700 761 999
For Godskitchen guaranteed entrance list call 0845 009 8887.

Lawler is a top DJ and I'm sure you will like the music..... plus you have Rebekah playing who although been the ex-page 3/loaded girl is a good DJ in her own right........ and she's fit!

as is Scarlet Ettienne

I'd go myself if I wasn't out in Leeds the following night.
Old 08 July 2004, 09:50 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by MooseRacer
Just so long as there aren't more than 20 of you though UB
Or one of you by the sounds of it.

Scarlet Ettienne... mmm... don't forget Princess Superstar...

Last edited by unclebuck; 08 July 2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old 08 July 2004, 10:09 PM
Poor Guy
Scooby Regular

I love it when i get to the club. Trilogy on a tuesday.
now the weathers getting bad again the goth are coming back out and the townies dont like a "dance floor" full of moshing weirdos

good mosh, few bruises, cant beat it
Old 08 July 2004, 10:44 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

2 reasons you go to a club. 1 to pull women and 2, to dance(or in my case try, seems to get better the more i drink)

mike
Old 08 July 2004, 10:46 PM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FASTER MIKE!!
2 reasons you go to a club. 1 to pull women and 2, to dance(or in my case try, seems to get better the more i drink)

mike

Birds in clubs are all peasants.

I dance better in front of MTV!!

Hmm.
Old 08 July 2004, 10:57 PM
FASTER MIKE!!
Scooby Regular

drink more.......
Old 09 July 2004, 08:30 AM
MooseRacer
Scooby Regular

Or one of you by the sounds of it.

Scarlet Ettienne... mmm... don't forget Princess Superstar...

One of me, what are you on about? I was talking about the newly reduced number of people the police require to stop 'illegal' parties.

Here have one of these, as you seem to like them so much
Old 09 July 2004, 10:22 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

yes, but usually they cant be arsed and let the party go ahead because of it.
I agree clubs are boring with their cheesy pop and lads spoiling for a fight, but "free parties" (IMO there is no such thing as an illegal rave) are completely different.
Anyone who thinks they are a thing of the past then think again. its a whole different experience driving out to the **** end of nowhere on the basis of what a complete stranger has told you on an answerphone message, then driving down a dirt track, abandoning the car and walking towards the bassline. Then you find some close friends (around 600 or so) and the music takes you away to another planet. No superstar DJs here, you dont even know the name of the DJ who is spinning. The music is the focus of the night and does all the talking needed. The atmosphere is out of this world with no security breathing down your neck or inflated bar prices to put up with. The party has no kicking out time and goes on as long as people are dancing. 24 hours non stop music is not uncommon at all. All for free, although a donation to the friendly promoter who comes round with a bucket is always appreciated.
If you aint been to a free party then you really must. Dont let those who say "Its full of drug addicts" put you off. I'd rather rave with friendly easy going people anytime over pissed aggro lads all out chasing skirt.
Lots of words, but they can all be summed up in one picture. This one.

Yes that is me in the dayglo vest and stupid rave hat
astraboy.
Old 09 July 2004, 10:32 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
yes, but usually they cant be arsed and let the party go ahead because of it.
I agree clubs are boring with their cheesy pop and lads spoiling for a fight, but "free parties" (IMO there is no such thing as an illegal rave) are completely different.
Anyone who thinks they are a thing of the past then think again. its a whole different experience driving out to the **** end of nowhere on the basis of what a complete stranger has told you on an answerphone message, then driving down a dirt track, abandoning the car and walking towards the bassline. Then you find some close friends (around 600 or so) and the music takes you away to another planet. No superstar DJs here, you dont even know the name of the DJ who is spinning. The music is the focus of the night and does all the talking needed. The atmosphere is out of this world with no security breathing down your neck or inflated bar prices to put up with. The party has no kicking out time and goes on as long as people are dancing. 24 hours non stop music is not uncommon at all. All for free, although a donation to the friendly promoter who comes round with a bucket is always appreciated.
If you aint been to a free party then you really must. Dont let those who say "Its full of drug addicts" put you off. I'd rather rave with friendly easy going people anytime over pissed aggro lads all out chasing skirt.
Lots of words, but they can all be summed up in one picture. This one.

Yes that is me in the dayglo vest and stupid rave hat
astraboy.

see that just looks like the Church of Chav to me. Each to their own though.
Old 09 July 2004, 10:39 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Never been in a nightclub, never wanted to, never likely to either.
Old 09 July 2004, 10:43 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Seriously mate, you couldnt be further from the truth. There is NEVER any aggro at all. Never. The chavs sometime turn up, but relentless hardcore techno soon has em saying "Woss all this then? I cant bling out to this! I'm off up Jumpin Jacks mate" and they soon leave. You should see them when they are confronted by 600 dancing ravers, the poor dears
astraboy.
Old 09 July 2004, 10:46 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MooseRacer

One of me, what are you on about? I was talking about the newly reduced number of people the police require to stop 'illegal' parties.

Here have one of these, as you seem to like them so much
Moose, my apologies - I misunderstood you.

UB
Old 09 July 2004, 10:47 AM
STi wanna Subaru
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by astraboy
Seriously mate, you couldnt be further from the truth. There is NEVER any aggro at all. Never. The chavs sometime turn up, but relentless hardcore techno soon has em saying "Woss all this then? I cant bling out to this! I'm off up Jumpin Jacks mate" and they soon leave. You should see them when they are confronted by 600 dancing ravers, the poor dears
astraboy.
fair point. they wouldn't want to get their rockports dirty either wouldn't be my cup of tea because of the music but I can respect the fact everybody goes there just for the music which is cool

i think what some people consider a night club and what real clubber do is totally different. When i go out I never see any trouble yet if you go to a beer boys club you are bound to see a fight at some point in the night.

Quick Reply: Does anybody find nightclubs rather boring??