Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone work for an insurance company?

Search this Thread

Old 28 June 2004, 03:28 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone work for an insurance company?

The neighbour had a leaking pipe earlier this year and the party wall got soaked ruining all the decoration on my side. Spoke to my insurance company and they told me that if I got the neighbour's insurance details they would reclaim my excess and take the money off his company and treat it as a no fault claim.

I got the neighbour's insurance details and submitted them with my claim form. However, now the guy dealing with my claim says that trying to claim off the neighbour will be too much hassle as they will have to pursue the workman that was responsible for the leak etc. Why would they pursue the tradesman that had been working on the neighbour's pipes? This sounds like a load of crap and I think they guy is just trying to get out of doing any work. I'm not so fussed about the excess but more the fact that I will have increased premiums in the years to come, because of making a claim.

Can anyone shed any light?
Old 28 June 2004, 05:55 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

you should make the claim directly from your neighbour - his insurance company should cover the cost under third party liability - the guy you spoke to sounds like a lazy git
Old 28 June 2004, 06:24 PM
gsm1
Scooby Regular

Well, I've already made the claim through my company. I wasn't advised to do any different. But the guy dealing with the claim looks like he just wants to have an easy life.
Two weeks after soaking the walls the neighbour had a couple of guys round to do his guttering. Their ladder fell, smashed his conservatory roof window out and ripped my satellite dish off the wall. I was out at the time and he got the roofers to repair his window and fence, but left me to find the damaged dish and tell him about it. Great neighbour!