Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

No more flags on cars then !

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2004, 10:47 PM
Wish
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No more flags on cars then !

And at least my neighbour will take there piky flags down now !!!!

Not all is lost , weve still got henman in the tennis !
Old 24 June 2004, 10:52 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

He's still gonna be your neighbour though, lol
Old 24 June 2004, 10:55 PM
GSM21
Scooby Regular

Not all is lost , weve still got henman in the tennis ![/QUOTE]

Henman WHO? timid tim
Old 24 June 2004, 10:58 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have spotted a niche in the market!!!

sell adjusters to aforementioned chav flags so they can fly them at half mast!
Old 25 June 2004, 08:58 AM
SiDHEaD
Scooby Regular

was excellent sight on the motorway no chav flags And no swerving to avoid dislodged ones
Old 25 June 2004, 09:27 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

fekking cr@p why take them down? cause we lost? no longer proud to fly the flag of their country?

halfwits
Old 25 June 2004, 09:44 AM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Amazing, England go out and all the flags dissapear.
Only saw 1 this morning on the way in, saw about 30 yesterday
Old 25 June 2004, 09:48 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

This could be quite serious. I'm looking for a house to rent at the moment, and have found that the presence (or not) Chav flag is an excellent way of "vetting" potential next door neighbours.

I went to look at a house the other day, beautiful house, lovely quiet area. But the next door neighbours had 4 mini flags on their car, and big flags hanging from each front window of their house - as well as stickers plastered everywhere.

A narrow escape there methinks, it's going to be a lot harder to spot them now...
Old 25 June 2004, 10:08 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Iwan
This could be quite serious. I'm looking for a house to rent at the moment, and have found that the presence (or not) Chav flag is an excellent way of "vetting" potential next door neighbours.

I went to look at a house the other day, beautiful house, lovely quiet area. But the next door neighbours had 4 mini flags on their car, and big flags hanging from each front window of their house - as well as stickers plastered everywhere.

A narrow escape there methinks, it's going to be a lot harder to spot them now...
I fail to see this "chav flag" thing, whats wrong with people flying a flag to support their country, the only thing I have a problem with it is because half of them dont even like football and they wouldnt fly it on st georges day, just jumping on the band wagon.....

But there is another half u know... I still have my england flag hanging outta the bedroom window, why should I take it down immediately just because we threw a football game away to the portugese..????

get a life, wouldnt buy a house because the neighbours have the flag of their nation flying???? some sad pathetic people about IMO
Old 25 June 2004, 10:23 AM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
I fail to see this "chav flag" thing, whats wrong with people flying a flag to support their country, the only thing I have a problem with it is because half of them dont even like football and they wouldnt fly it on st georges day, just jumping on the band wagon.....

But there is another half u know... I still have my england flag hanging outta the bedroom window, why should I take it down immediately just because we threw a football game away to the portugese..????

get a life, wouldnt buy a house because the neighbours have the flag of their nation flying???? some sad pathetic people about IMO
If, as you say, people were actively demonstrating a love of their country by flying the flag all year round then I doubt people would have a problem with it but the perception is that the English flag has been hijacked by football hooligans and chavs.

As soon as the football come on, out come the flags and yet people who fly them accuse others of not being patriotic because they either don't display them or dislike the reasons for doing so. The same people then promptly bring take their flags down as soon as England fail to progress in whatever tournament they've mucked up.

Patriotism is not a part time occupation.
Old 25 June 2004, 10:39 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Faire D'Income
Patriotism is not a part time occupation.
no your right but supporting your footballing nation is a part time occupation when ur supporting england... do u think the portugesse are calling every1 chavs when the tournament kicked off, its equally littered with their flags over there too u know... as it is in many other nations...

I dont understand though how u can call people chavs for flying the flag,

what is a chav (personally I hate the word and it pi55es me off everytime I read it) I would class them as trailer trash type people, burburry caps etc track suits etc so when I see a woman in her citroen picasso with her 2 children in tow taking them to school with the england flags flying from their car are they chavs? or are they supporting the football thats happening????
Old 25 June 2004, 10:44 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Exactly, it's not about patriotism for the most part - it's about football.

When i went to view a house in a nearby village the other day, there was a cottage there with a proper flagpole in the front garden and a union jack flying. You could tell by the immaculately kept gardens and well looked after paintwork/masonry that this was a family who take pride in their country and their own property.

They probably raise/lower their flag each morning and evening. Now that's the sort of family i'd love to live next door to given the choice. Nothing wrong with that is there?
Old 25 June 2004, 10:54 AM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

no your right but supporting your footballing nation is a part time occupation when ur supporting england... do u think the portugesse are calling every1 chavs when the tournament kicked off, its equally littered with their flags over there too u know... as it is in many other nations...
The difference being that in other nations the National Flag is displayed all year round with a day set aside to celebrate their nation. It's rare for an English flag to be flown outside of a football tournament/game except for some C of E churches.

I dont understand though how u can call people chavs for flying the flag,
Dave, presumably you understand the difference between perception and statement? If so, you'll notice that I said it's the perception of people......

Simplistically, the flag has been hijacked/abused by football hooligans in the past and at present as we can see from reports around the country where football fans have rioted. It has also been adopted by Chavs running around in their tatty motors with the requisite Burberry on and it's this perception (remember that word, Dave) that turns many people off - a great shame but nonetheless true. Unfortunately, there are also some true football fans that get tarred by the same brush.

what is a chav (personally I hate the word and it pi55es me off everytime I read it) I would class them as trailer trash type people, burburry caps etc track suits etc so when I see a woman in her citroen picasso with her 2 children in tow taking them to school with the england flags flying from their car are they chavs? or are they supporting the football thats happening????
What is your problem with the word Chav? As you've answered your own question about what constitutes a Chave there's no need to explain it to you.
Old 25 June 2004, 11:00 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

sorry its just 1 of them words that I dont like, its not that I dont like the meaning (or supposed meaning) its just the word... u know, like my mam always told me off for saying Im knackered when I was younger but couldnt understand why as I didnt think it was swearing, just so happened she doesnt like the word.... I dont know 1 of them things I suppose

Anyways back tot he subject.... stil dont think its fair to call every1 because of the flags that are flying from their cars. personally the majority of people flying them was familys with children living in respectable areas (at least round this way anyhow) and Ive not seen many flags flying from boy racer cars etc...

just FYI I dont fly the flags from the car cause I think they look tacky...lol just a big flag from the bedroom window and its still there
Old 25 June 2004, 11:03 AM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

just FYI I dont fly the flags from the car cause I think they look tacky
Chavs are tacky.

Old 25 June 2004, 11:04 AM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

take a thousand cars with flags on. add up the cars costs, the drivers IQ and there chavy rating....divide by 1000. All 3 figures will now be below avarge.

Some of the thousand will be lovely patriotic people....not the avarge though.

hence chav flags are a great guide as to buying a house. My old close had lots of flash cars and we bought thinking it was a nice area....SCUM as it turned out and i'll bet they have flags aplenty!

my new close has a french bloke on one side, indian on the other, not a chav flag in site........its lurvvvvvly!
Old 25 June 2004, 11:06 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Some "chavs" are tolerable...

Old 25 June 2004, 11:15 AM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

What has the one on the right got in her mouth?
Old 25 June 2004, 11:16 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

A chavvy tongue-piercing, probably!
Old 25 June 2004, 12:48 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

The difference being that in other nations the National Flag is displayed all year round with a day set aside to celebrate their nation. It's rare for an English flag to be flown outside of a football tournament/game except for some C of E churches.

Dave, presumably you understand the difference between perception and statement? If so, you'll notice that I said it's the perception of people......

Simplistically, the flag has been hijacked/abused by football hooligans in the past and at present as we can see from reports around the country where football fans have rioted. It has also been adopted by Chavs running around in their tatty motors with the requisite Burberry on and it's this perception (remember that word, Dave) that turns many people off - a great shame but nonetheless true. Unfortunately, there are also some true football fans that get tarred by the same brush.

What is your problem with the word Chav? As you've answered your own question about what constitutes a Chave there's no need to explain it to you.
The flag has not been hijacked by football hooligans - what complete and utter tripe - what evidence is there to support that? Honest to god - The replica kits, the car flags et al are all ways of people demostrating their support for the football team during the second biggest international football competition in the UEFA/FIFA calendar...

The word chav is a sad sad word used by a selection of sad sad people on scoobynet (never heard anywhere else to date) for sterotyping someone who does absolutely anything that they can link to a thug/working class element.

You own a big dog - chav, you sport an england flag - chav, you were trainers - chav, you chew gum - chav, you drive a scooby - chav blah blah blah...and yawn zzzzzz.

Unbelievable.

P
Old 25 June 2004, 12:52 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Abdabz
The word chav is a sad sad word used by a selection of sad sad people on scoobynet (never heard anywhere else to date)
And all those who more or less invented the word on chavscum.co.uk, presumably??

I *do* like an uninformed opinion.
Old 25 June 2004, 01:00 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

The flag has not been hijacked by football hooligans - what complete and utter tripe - what evidence is there to support that? Honest to god - The replica kits, the car flags et al are all ways of people demostrating their support for the football team during the second biggest international football competition in the UEFA/FIFA calendar...
Another one with comprehension problems. If you ever watch televsion or see photos relating to football violence over the last couple of weeks or indeed over the last couple of decades or so, more often than not you'll see the perpetrators draped in England flags and that is what leads to the perception of it being hijacked by football hooligans.

You're confusing it being hijacked with it representing the support of England fans. Presumably you don't understand the word 'hijack' in this context.

The word chav is a sad sad word used by a selection of sad sad people on scoobynet (never heard anywhere else to date) for sterotyping someone who does absolutely anything that they can link to a thug/working class element.
P

It's a word used by plenty of people outside the confines of Scoobynet and I don't see why you have a problem with it unless you're personally offended by it?
Old 25 June 2004, 01:01 PM
PiNkEyE69
Scooby Regular

Talking

What has the one on the right got in her mouth?
Well I can only speak for last night but.....

Didn't know Chris Moyles was a SN surfer
Old 25 June 2004, 01:03 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PiNkEyE69
Well I can only speak for last night but.....
You need to see a Doctor - quick!
Old 25 June 2004, 02:25 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

You own a big dog - chav, you sport an england flag - chav, you were trainers - chav, you chew gum - chav, you drive a scooby - chav blah blah blah...and yawn zzzzzz.

Unbelievable.

P
well said

Faire D'income, there has hardly been any violence out in portugal where all the real fans are, we had that 1 night which sounded like and looked like an isolated inncident that got out of hand... apart from that the england football fans have generally been well behaved

Last edited by davegtt; 25 June 2004 at 02:27 PM.
Old 25 June 2004, 02:38 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

There's been plenty at home though.
Old 25 June 2004, 03:04 PM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

You own a big dog - chav
Correct.

you sport an england flag - chav
Correct.

you were trainers - chav
Correct.

you chew gum - chav
Correct.

you drive a scooby - chav
Not quite, but it's heading that way.

I'm impressed, you've clearly been paying attention to the "how to spot a chav" guide on www.chavscum.co.uk . Top marks!

Old 25 June 2004, 03:17 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

There's been plenty at home though.
ahh but I think u missed the point, the "football fans" IN PORTUGAL, u know where the football is actually happening are not causing trouble as you quite clearly say that football bring violence...

has it ever occured to u that the people who are causing the trouble may not even be interested in football? i certainly know a few people in town who have no interest in the footy but because its on a big screen in the pub its an excuse to get hammered and act innapropriately. Oh but I forgot the football was on just before so it must be Englands fault, all the football fans arescum and chavs

pathetic
Old 25 June 2004, 04:11 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

ahh but I think u missed the point, the "football fans" IN PORTUGAL, u know where the football is actually happening are not causing trouble as you quite clearly say that football bring violence...

has it ever occured to u that the people who are causing the trouble may not even be interested in football? i certainly know a few people in town who have no interest in the footy but because its on a big screen in the pub its an excuse to get hammered and act innapropriately. Oh but I forgot the football was on just before so it must be Englands fault, all the football fans arescum and chavs

pathetic
No Dave, I haven't missed the point at all. You're isolating good behaviour to the majority of the English football fans who turned up in Portugal which, whilst laudable, is not what has gone on before both at home and abroad in the past. If you actually read my posts I've repeatedly stated that it's a case of the English flag being hijacked by football hooligans which you interpret (incorrectly) as football fans.

I don't buy into your theory about the hooligans having no interest in football, certainly the attempt at victimising Portugese supporters in Jersey must have had football fans involved or is it merely a coincidence that as they were watching an England game and were wearing England shirts and carrying English flags, it's simply a case of mistaken identity.

Now, for the final time I'm talking about a minority (but a significant one) who have hijacked the English flag and its image and whether you can acknowledge that a fair proportion are genuine fans or not doens't detract from that fact.
Old 25 June 2004, 04:17 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I don't buy into your theory about the hooligans having no interest in football, certainly the attempt at victimising Portugese supporters in Jersey must have had football fans involved or is it merely a coincidence that as they were watching an England game and were wearing England shirts and carrying English flags, it's simply a case of mistaken identity.

Now, for the final time I'm talking about a minority (but a significant one) who have hijacked the English flag and its image and whether you can acknowledge that a fair proportion are genuine fans or not doens't detract from that fact.
Firstly its not a theory, my misses b/friend has no interest in football, doesnt understand the offside rule yet owns an england shirt.... doesnt mean hes an england football fan

but your still labelling every1 with the flag as a chav even thou u clearly say its a majority

Quick Reply: No more flags on cars then !