Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Shame it didn't finish him off...

Search this Thread

Old 24 June 2004, 04:42 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a good clip of a bull tearing a matador a new ******* - poetic justice served.
Old 24 June 2004, 04:51 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

The spaniards are cruel full stop - I read something in the paper where they launch a live goat out of the bell tower of the village churge - for what?
Old 24 June 2004, 05:01 PM
gareth123
Scooby Regular

rapid kebab prep?
Old 24 June 2004, 05:04 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought he was quite aptly named.... lol
Old 24 June 2004, 05:06 PM
drumsterphil
Scooby Regular

Check out his name.........Ponce by name, ponce by nature
Old 24 June 2004, 05:06 PM
Butkus
Scooby Regular

The spaniards are cruel full stop - I read something in the paper where they launch a live goat out of the bell tower of the village churge - for what?
Yeah, and it's cruel when they all jump on horses and chase a fox around the countryside with a load of hounds, until they catch it and rip it to pieces. Oh, I forgot, that's us.
Old 24 June 2004, 05:32 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

I always like the phrase "whats good for the goose is good for the gander" when it comes to this arguement.
No-one causes more damage to the planet than us human folk (ref the pest control issue) - So lets take the pro-fox hunting lobby and give them a 10 minute running headstart. Me and a group of mates on horses and a pack of rottweilers (not on horses) will then slowly chase them, wear them out and then watch them get ripped to shreds, screaming for their sad little lives... Ah I'd pay to take part.
As for the Bull fighting too right that if the matador loses he should be pummelled to a grisly end by the bull, not rescued. The bul as victor should then be allowed to run his own china shop in peace.
P
Old 24 June 2004, 05:39 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

B2Z,

Your cats probably claimed more lives per year than a bull fighter.

Old 24 June 2004, 05:43 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Lives of verminous little mice and the odd bird then yes they could well have done, what a good job they did too
Ah ok, so worthiness to live is calculated by weight and size is it? I best starting eating more pies!
Old 24 June 2004, 05:44 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Ahhh But that's instinct so doesnt count.....apparently.
Old 24 June 2004, 05:44 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Isn't it time NSR had a full de-cat?
Old 24 June 2004, 05:48 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Odd how this sounds just like a description of a local cat playing with a shrew in the back garden yesterday...

will then slowly chase them, wear them out and then watch them get ripped to shreds, screaming for their sad little lives... Ah I'd pay to take part.
The hypocracy of cat owners never ceases to amaze. We could move on to the number of vehment anti-hunt supporters who like to spend the weekend fishing......

Deano

Last edited by dsmith; 24 June 2004 at 05:52 PM.
Old 24 June 2004, 05:51 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Its a thread about animal cruelty is it not ?
Old 24 June 2004, 05:54 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Now leave cats out of this
It only takes one spore to seed the rot!

Anyway, this subject is "absurd" and is of no importance to me so I thought I'd post in here anyway!

LOL!

Don't worry, I'm done.... the opportunity to was too good to miss! I can feel the "" from here!
Old 24 June 2004, 06:02 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

So explain the differences to me (as a poor simpleton) between spaniards sticking sharp things in a bull and englishman sticking sharp things into fish.

Both activities purely for the thrill of the chase, attempting to out wit another living creature and perhaps most importantly, entirely for the general pleasure of the human participants.....

Deano
Old 24 June 2004, 06:03 PM
matt85
Scooby Regular

I remember when i went on holiday to Benidorm last year and in this one bar we used to go in every night they used to play endless reels of a Spanish 'Youve Been Framed' type of show on the T.V's in the bar. With it being Spain a considerable amount of these 'accidents' involved bulls/bull fighting and all ill say is that sometimes, you may be quite surprised to know, the bull DOES win....
Old 24 June 2004, 06:24 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Hmmmm. Think the Bulls get fed aswell. Probably gets regular vet attention prior to the bull fight.

And there is no chance, ever, a fish caught purely for pleasure angling ever suffers or dies.

You're right I'm sorry. they're abundantly worlds apart.

Because of course a bull is higher up your personal animal value chain than the fish. The same way a cat is higher than a mouse. Just out of interest - in your personal opinions at what size/weight/evolutionary point does an animal begin to suffer enough pain that its pursuit purely for human entertainment becomes unacceptable... a rat ? a mole ? a pidgeon ? a rabbit ? a dolpin perhaps?

I'm genuinely interested where the x-over point is.

Deano
Old 24 June 2004, 07:31 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

well that makes 2 of us then that are intentionally cruel...

the x-over point depends on the level of cruelty as much as the animal..

mammals - even the smallest mammals feel pain like we do, so IMO there is no X-over point, and I agree that fox hunting is a vial pastime...if they need culling it should be humane.

birds - as above, avairies,cages, falconry etc...all cruel. Birds fly. No need to state the obvious about fighting birds.

Insects - dunno about that one - feeding crickets to reptiles is certainly entertaing, not to watch the crickets get eaten, but to admire the hunting abilities of bonsai-dinosoars . I can't think of any other insect related cruel activities at the moment..

Reptiles - that ****** Steve Irwin, and all like him should be bound and slowly lowered into the richest part of the Amazon River and left there to be eaten - catching crocs for telly is cruel, but they still show it.

Fish - I go fishing, you don't, so to be fair, you are at a disadvantage as you have never been cruel to an animal. Fishing is cruel, lets face it, if we were fish we'd rather stay underwater. As someone said in another thread, fishing in the UK is now very conversation driven, the fish are well looked after, the methods of catching them are controlled by the owner or club, and there is the banning of certain nets, lead etc ( nobody wants a dead swan in their swim,puts off the fish ). You need a licence to fish legally, big fines if they prosecute.I would say course fish stocks in the UK are at a peak, and its all thanks to the UK angling population, and the control of the Environment Agency. Have you bought a 13M carbon/kevlar/free-radical enriched roach pole lately, big££££'s.

But despite the fact I regard it as cruel, I still do it as it is immensley enjoyable. Get away from it all, pit your wits against nature,bring out your male instincts etc, and usually all in beautiful scenery...

what was this thread about again?
Old 24 June 2004, 07:32 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

Ahhh. So if the spaniards merely chased the bull - poked a few spears in it - then patched it up - so they could do it all again in a weeks time. That wouldnt be cruel at all. Splendid. This is helping my understanding of the key differences no end.

Deano

Quick Reply: Shame it didn't finish him off...