Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Now You See Him Now You See Him

Search this Thread

Old 21 June 2004, 06:28 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Now You See Him Now You See Him

Indeed I do Mr Bean, as I was signalling right a junction and he was overtaking me as I performed my manouvre.
I trust he is in a considerable amount of pain and look forward to sueing him for the "mental trauma" caused to me when I saw all of his blood on the road - stoopid bugger!

Bloody daft ad - I know its been on for ages - but - shouldnt it have been done from the bikers perspective?
Biker thinking outloud - "doooopeeedooo diddlydeeee aha a car signalling right at a junction. I know what to do I'll pretend I've not seen it. Ooooohhhhh bugger"...

Much more apt
Old 21 June 2004, 08:48 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Be warned!!!

you will be blamed for not using due care and attention when turning right!!!!

it happened to me,,,

i reported it to the old bill asap and alleged driving without due care..

it took 18 months and i had to get plod to re read his statement and question

the fact why when he admitted liabilty, they took no action ...

then changed to a formal caution..... small claims court and his ins co backed down...

Mart
Old 21 June 2004, 09:48 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

As a driver, you should be prepared for other people to do stupid things and you should certainly be aware of traffic around you. If you know a bike is buzzing around in your rear view mirror, if you suddenly can't see him you should be trying to figure out where he is. No one should be able to sneak into your blindspot without you knowing about it.

As a motorcyclist, you shouldn't be overtaking when people are signalling right. For the record I have done the "dum de dum de dum, I'll just overtake this ignorant car driver..ooo **** he's indicating " It's not a good feeling and one I try to avoid!
Old 21 June 2004, 10:16 PM
skiddus_markus
Scooby Regular

Most bikes I see on the road are speeding most of the time.If they overtake you in a 30mph zone then the chances are they are speeding too.It only takes a split second for a bike that was beforehand safely behind you to zip up the outside into your blindspot.It's even worse in commercial vehicles with poor rear visibilty,so it annoys me that there isn't a campaign running parrallel to this for bikers.
Old 21 June 2004, 10:51 PM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by skiddus_markus
Most bikes I see on the road are speeding most of the time.If they overtake you in a 30mph zone then the chances are they are speeding too.It only takes a split second for a bike that was beforehand safely behind you to zip up the outside into your blindspot.It's even worse in commercial vehicles with poor rear visibilty,so it annoys me that there isn't a campaign running parrallel to this for bikers.
Most car drivers I see on the road are blinkered, ignorant, inept ***** that shouldn't be allowed to operate their lungs

Can we stop with the sweeping statements now?
Old 21 June 2004, 10:55 PM
bloke
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by NotoriousREV
Most car drivers I see on the road are blinkered, ignorant, inept ***** that shouldn't be allowed to operate their lungs

Can we stop with the sweeping statements now?
Well said.

FFS check your feckin mirrors before you turn, it's not so hard. Or you can stick with your views and maybe kill someone one day, whether or not you are in the "right" you'll be the one living with it on your conscience.
Old 21 June 2004, 11:23 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Be warned!!!

you will be blamed for not using due care and attention when turning right!!!!

it happened to me,,,

i reported it to the old bill asap and alleged driving without due care..

it took 18 months and i had to get plod to re read his statement and question

then changed to a formal caution..... small claims court and his ins co backed down...

Mart

My mate had a car pull out of a side road in front of him, he tried to miss it but hit a car head on.
The police charged him with dangerous driving.

He got a good solicitor.

They had a statement from the guy who pulled out that my mate was speeding.
In court the solictor asked the driver who pulled out what speed my mate was going?

Driver- "About 50mph sir"

Solicitor- "So you saw my client coming towards you at 50mph and the still pulled out in frony of him."
Solicitor- "No more Questions"

Total waste of everyones time including the Police.

Lee
Old 21 June 2004, 11:36 PM
Abdabz
Scooby Regular

Location: Tellins, Home of Super Leagues finest, and where a "split" is not all it seems.

Two way road = two lanes. Not two for cars and two for bikes, just 2 lanes.
Dual carriageway = four lanes. Not four for cars and another four for bikes, just 4 lanes.
Motorway = six lanes. not six for cars and another six for bikes, just six lanes.

END OF.
Old 22 June 2004, 12:01 AM
Sith
Scooby Regular

Oooooh, this one could run for a while. I'll get my popcorn and tipple.
Old 22 June 2004, 12:05 AM
yoza
BANNED

All bikers are mad.

I once saw one riding his bike in the rain !

I loved my fast bikes, but I cant have one anymore, my ' eye to brain to hand ' reaction times are not as they used to be.

I borrowed my mates TL1000S a few weeks back, and this reminded me that I cant have another bike. Its too easy to get fcuked up.

On a lighter note, I was exteemely careful on my little spin. Only a few 'sphinkter tweekers'.

Then I got the bike back to the garage, and clipped the handlebars of my mountain bike, which then fell against the tank of the TL and the brake lever put a perfectly round pea sized dent in the tank.

What a bummer, new tank please........
Old 22 June 2004, 12:06 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

The thing is these days insurance companies will tell you NEVER admit liabilty...even if it was blatant that you were at fault.

This gives rise to inncocent people being charged/fined and being held liable for an accident which was not their fault. The system sucks!

Whatever happened to honesty?
Old 22 June 2004, 09:39 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There are very good drivers and also some terrible ones. Trouble is, you usually can't tell which is which until its too late!

Les
Old 22 June 2004, 09:56 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Whatever happened to honesty?
People realised it cost them money...
Old 22 June 2004, 09:59 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

I'm glad somebody has mentioned that advert. The guy in the car did pretty much everything he could, checked all mirrors, signalled in good time etc.

The biker was the ******** for his position on the road, impatience and trying to overtake in a built up area - particularly opposite a junction.

Biker in the wrong simple.
Old 22 June 2004, 11:32 AM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

Old 22 June 2004, 11:40 AM
Senior_AP
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobyvirgin

SUPERB!!! The advert is a joke. I like it.
Old 22 June 2004, 11:55 AM
Frosty The Snowman
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't mind so much if the adverts were aimed at both sides of the fence.

As a driver of a car I am more or less automatically in the wrong if an accident occurs and a pedestrian, cyclist or motor bike is involved.

It's those fun times of pulling up to a roundabout waiting patiently for a gap to appear from the right and then you see a flash out of the corner of your eye and a cyclist appears on your left and moves in front of your left front bumper and then a motorbike does the same on you right bumper. It's infuriating to say the least.

When a biker is overtaking in traffic he/she really must take responsibility for doing that as it is very difficult for a driver to notice such a small object as a bike appearing at 30mph from behind a big van 10m behind him.

The ad with the kid running out in front of the car really narks me also, so it's the drivers fault that someone decides to run out in front of him with no warning whatsoever, speed is not the issue. The important thing is to make sure kids observe good road sense. Speeding is always be a problem but that wasn't a very good way to demonstrate it.

Mark