Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Buying & Selling??!!

Search this Thread

Old 19 June 2004, 06:41 PM
2DIE4
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying & Selling??!!

Hi guys, recently i've been interested in buying & selling cars from auction. You can pick up quite cheap deals at auction, therefore i was considering buying a car from auction, spending around £1500 to start of with. Anybody any idea's at what kinda cars i should be looking to buy that could easily sell on & make a good profit Any info on this would be appreciated.
Old 19 June 2004, 07:14 PM
p@ul
Scooby Regular

Family cars always do well m8,nothing flash cos they tend to stay on your hands longer which aint good good idea would be to pop round a few second hand dealers and see what they go for,but be careful m8 cos if your not mechanically minded you can end up with some right dogs that cost money to put right before you start ex fleet are a good bet
Old 19 June 2004, 07:52 PM
2DIE4
Scooby Newbie

what are ex-fleet etc? Is it possible to pick up a car at auction which may have outstanding finance or something wrong? or are all these factors covered against by auction?
Old 19 June 2004, 09:05 PM
S7EV3N
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 2DIE4
what are ex-fleet etc? Is it possible to pick up a car at auction which may have outstanding finance or something wrong? or are all these factors covered against by auction?
Auctions dont really cover you against much...the risk is mostly yours. You pay an extra indemnity fee which should cover you against the finanace thing. It depends what warranty the seller offers with the car. Most just give you a brief time to look at the car. To see if the engine and gearbox etc are ok.

Ive done alright out of the auctions, but they are used by some ppl to get rid of cars with problems. The couple of cars i bought were just low mileage family type cars. As long as they are fundamentaly good then just a good wash, polish and service should see a small profit.
Old 19 June 2004, 11:07 PM
paulwrxboro
Scooby Regular

For £1500 you wont be getting any warrany or trial
before they drive them in jump in test all gears clutch brakes oil
in that price range id go for small 1.4 or under most ppl who spend that kind of money cant afford large insurance or running costs make sure of no rust or dents.
go and have a look first with no money take a pen and paper wright down anr good prices,dont forget to add £100 com come home look on autotrader see what your cars are going for .
i only go for what i call first to see will buy cars the best of the bunch if someone sees 5 cars yours wants to be the best but dont forget you can lose aswell as gain