Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Admin/Sales co-ordinator- what should we pay??

Search this Thread

Old 08 June 2004, 03:22 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Admin/Sales co-ordinator- what should we pay??

The company I co-own, has been trying to find a role as above, we are based in the midlands and the job is reasonably complex, but not what I would describe as high powered; sales calls, client reviews, mailshots, small amount of cold calling, setting up new client accounts etc......

What I really need to know is what people on here, regard the going rate for this type of role would be, we are in the motor trade, so no IT based examples please.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

Rich
Old 08 June 2004, 03:29 PM
Dream Weaver
Scooby Regular

I would think about £14k going off past experience of these types of roles.
Old 08 June 2004, 03:31 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

The misses was looking for similar roles a while back, and in the Midlands the pay is awful. I reckon you'd be looking 12-16K depending on experience and also depends what else goes with the package, sales bonuses etc.
Old 08 June 2004, 03:31 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dream Weaver
I would think about £14k going off past experience of these types of roles.
Thanks, thats about what we had in mind, most applicants want 18K+, is this because we are bringing the 'salesperson' type into the equation??
Old 08 June 2004, 03:36 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

It is probably the "cold calling" element that is pushing up expectations.

Obviously I don't know, but reading the rest of the requirements, it would suggest to me the role is more pre-sales / lead validation than out and out cold calling. Cold calling conjures up the image of calling somebody at home and hammering them till they buy double glazing. If it is more a case of ring the local business and get the name and DDI number for the fleet manager, that's a different issue and would be the lower end of the scale I suggest, if you really are expecting them to sell - then expect to pay more and commission as well.
Old 08 June 2004, 03:38 PM
gavnnik
Scooby Regular

I would guess so. I wouldn't expect a sales co-ordinator to do any cold calling.

You should be able to get a good administrator for £11k to 15k. I would not expect this person to have any sales ability though!

I'm in recruitment and we would pay a trainee recruiter (glorified telesales) a basic of £15k + bonuses but then they are usually administratively challenged.
Old 08 June 2004, 03:43 PM
47 NAT
Scooby Regular

I would of thought that between £16-18k would be about right. When I was Sales Manager at the last place I worked the admin girl got so fed up that she registered 4 brand new cars in the name of Ivor Abossthatsatwat, then walked off site The funny thing is the boss was as well. It took ages to de-register them at the time ....

Nath
Old 08 June 2004, 03:46 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

keep em coming, the Cold Call element is only to potential new Factors, who we have lists of, or have responded to an advert we have placed.
Old 08 June 2004, 04:43 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

17k and I'll take it.
Old 08 June 2004, 04:49 PM
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by eClaire
17k and I'll take it.
And pray tell, what qualifications do you have young lady?? Bit of a jaunt down to Brum each day! I could pick you up in the company helicopter if required
Old 08 June 2004, 04:53 PM
eClaire
Scooby Regular

I would move down there. Only because the houses are cheaper
Old 08 June 2004, 04:54 PM
Scott W
Scooby Regular

Just picking up on the cold calling element - this was taken from the Telephone Preference Service:-

The EU and the UK government’s DTI have decreed that from 25 June 2004, it will be illegal to cold call a business for the purposes of selling or marketing, without first having checked that the number called is not on a register of business (including public sector organisations and existing customers) not wishing to receive those calls, unless they have previously indicated that they do not object to us calling them. This falls under the DTI’s new Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (EU Directive) 2004.

This is called the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (CTPS). It is administered by the TPS, a subsidiary company the UK’s DMA - Direct Marketing Association.

Cold calling telesales databases must also be checked against the existing TPS list (of 4.8million registered numbers), since the prior lack of a Corporate TPS list means that sole-trader companies and partnerships are listed on the TPS currently. The first CTPS list will be released on 25 June and is expected to have about 200,000 SMEs on it, to begin with.

CONSEQUENCES

Repeated offenders (reported by businesses called) would be reported to the CTPS service of the DMA. Initial Press reports claim that each ‘offence’ is punishable by a fine of up to £5,000. However, the exact number of offences incurred before triggering an Information Commissioner investigation and subsequent punishment has not been stipulated.

CURRENT ACTION SUGGESTION *

In practice, anyone making a cold call to a business for sales or marketing purposes should be aware of – and sensitive to – requirements of this new regulation, in case a called party objects to the call. Note: However, in practice it is felt that it could be 6 months to a year before many businesses register, and/or refuse cold calls, and/or threaten to complain to the CTPS service of the DMA.

You may wish to give Sales and Telesales the wording of a response, in case a called-party objects, wants to know if we are aware of the new regulation and what we are doing to comply…perhaps along the following lines:

Response -

“We are aware of the new Corporate TPS regulations, is currently engaged in seeking a list-checking partner appropriate to its needs and will now delete you number from our records immediately. Thank you and sorry to have troubled you. Goodbye.”